Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Balloons!
    • Jul 2016

Mylar/foil balloons?

Thoughts on mylar/foils? Do they turn you on as much as a latex balloon would or are you not into them?
  • Loonatic
    Balloons + Feet
    • Apr 2016

Re: Mylar/foil balloons?

Mylar/foil don't really do anything for me. Something about the feel, smell, and sound of latex just makes it much more appealing. Plus, there's always the slight fear/excitement that the latex balloon might pop due to it's fragile nature. The fear of the loud bang is part of the fun for me! I've never really had any mylar balloon have the same affect on me as latex.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

Mylar balloons does nothing for me.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Mylar/foil balloons....

Yes they absolutely are special to me
        I'm a balloon enthusiast & love balloons in all forms. That being said I also loooove helium! I cant get enough of the stuff! & being showered in balloons growing up, the very fact they contained helium as well as floated was a huge turn on for me.
        I'd ride & play & watch them float for hours in my room! Hell, when i was younger I dreamed of floating like a balloon all the time,lol! I remember I'd stuff my jammies with as many mylar/foil balloons as I could squeeze hoping I'd somehow float up to the ceiling of my room,ha,ha! But alas...it never happened....physics & all... ;-)
        But way back when I used to have popping fears, the thing I loved about mylar/ foils was that one never had to worry about sudden pops or being snapped as they are tough as nails! Hey we're talking the same stuff used for extreme thermal protection on the looner....'scuse me, the lunar excursion module. That's right! All that gold stuff covering the Eagle was essentially mylar /foil balloon material! Yes we flew to the moon wrapped in balloons. ...HA!
        But way before I became a semi popper/ popper I knew the beauty of mylar/foil balloons was that they failed in much the same way inflatables do. Either by seem blowouts, tearing or slow leaks you could ride down. But not impossible to pop if you're rough enough with them. They do have a tiny bit of stretch but not as much as an inflatable & nowhere close to that of a latex balloon.
        But I moved on & graduated to big boy balloons, but every now & then I'll still play with mylar/foils if they are around!
        In fact I nearly cried when I had brought some mylar/foil balloons to my ex's house to share with her & she cried out, " Foil balloons stink!" I said something really dumb like, " Yeah, well... so does your face!"
        But long story short, yes! I love 'em! & always will... ;-)

Comment

• Big Balloons!
          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
          Mylar/foil ....

Yes they absolutely are special to me
          I'm a enthusiast & love in all forms. That being said I also loooove helium! I cant get enough of the stuff! & being showered in growing up, the very fact they contained helium as well as floated was a huge turn on for me.
          I'd ride & play & watch them float for hours in my room! Hell, when i was younger I dreamed of floating like a all the time,lol! I remember I'd stuff my jammies with as many mylar/foil as I could squeeze hoping I'd somehow float up to the ceiling of my room,ha,ha! But alas...it never happened....physics & all... ;-)
          But way back when I used to have popping fears, the thing I loved about mylar/ foils was that one never had to worry about sudden pops or being snapped as they are tough as nails! Hey we're talking the same stuff used for extreme thermal protection on the ....'scuse me, the lunar excursion module. That's right! All that gold stuff covering the Eagle was essentially mylar /foil material! Yes we flew to the moon wrapped in . ...HA!
          But way before I became a semi popper/ popper I knew the beauty of mylar/foil was that they failed in much the same way inflatables do. Either by seem blowouts, tearing or slow leaks you could ride down. But not impossible to if you're rough enough with them. They do have a tiny bit of stretch but not as much as an & nowhere close to that of a latex .
          But I moved on & graduated to big boy , but every now & then I'll still play with mylar/foils if they are around!
          In fact I nearly cried when I had brought some mylar/foil to my ex's house to share with her & she cried out, " Foil stink!" I said something really dumb like, " Yeah, well... so does your face!"
          But long story short, yes! I love 'em! & always will... ;-)
          Haha, same! Foils are great and especially with helium, the way they float too is a big turn on for me. I grab a few mylar/foils whenever I can and even better if I can get them inflated with helium, I'd love to get a tank of it and have a play.

I love all loons but heliums and foils are way better to me, especially the big ones - you can get 32" and 36" mylar/foils, they really do it for me.

Floating with helium like you said would be really cool too, I've always dreamt of doing it but I'd need a lot of helium and some pretty big
          Last edited by Big Balloons!; 11-09-2016, 21:26.

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
            • Mar 2016

The Mylar ones don't really do anything for me.

Comment

• Pink Balloon
              • Oct 2016

They're fun, but I prefer latex no doubt.

Comment

• Q24heaven
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Big Balloons!
                Haha, same! Foils are great and especially with helium, the way they float too is a big turn on for me. I grab a few mylar/foils whenever I can and even better if I can get them inflated with helium, I'd love to get a tank of it and have a play.

I love all loons but heliums and foils are way better to me, especially the big ones - you can get 32" and 36" mylar/foils, they really do it for me.

Floating with helium like you said would be really cool too, I've always dreamt of doing it but I'd need a lot of helium and some pretty big
                @Big Balloons, I also love mylars, but problem is they are USUALLY more expensive then latex and PVC inflatables, and wear out much quicker in warmer humid climates like Sydney. Also just a personal kink, but I only like mylar balloons when they are still brand new in their shrinkwrapping from the factory. When taken out for the first time, the really smooth silky feel of the mylar pushes me pretty hard. Already before I start blowing them up, the sensation of my hand handling the mylar immediately out of the wrapping starts giving me hard boners. Loose mylars often come badly packed with damage to the foil layers, meaning they lack the smooth soft silky feel of shrinkwrapped balloons.

I recently bought a large batch of 28 inch Miami Dolphin Jersey balloons, simply because the shape design has several negative curves. When blown up nice and firm, I love digging my fingers into those curves and hearing that mylar scrunch - absolute pure euphoric bliss.

Comment

• JOhara
                  • Jul 2015

I go through moments where I prefer a helium mylar over regular blown up latex balloons. Lately I have been in a mylar kick. Tug on their ribbon watch them bob around. Let them go and watch them gentle bop on the ceiling. Bring em down and ride and grind listen to it crinkle and squeak...will it pop? The squeakyness of a protesting mylar balloon gets me going big time lol is it hot in here or what!

I also love all those shapes and prints. I love the girly/cutesy kinds, similar to my favorite latex ones . Bright pastel colors, especially pinks. Valentine, hearts, love yous, baby and bridal showers, princesses, and especially any mylar you can see through!

Thinking i may pick up a mylar on my way home for some fun later!

Comment

• Micks101
                    • Jan 2017

Not for me personally but can appreciate others' feelings towards them!

Comment

• Heliumlooner
                      • Feb 2017

Mylar helium balloons are preety much the same deal with me, they turn me on as long as they are properly inflated nice and tight I love the feel of the tension on the foil, as for the print I like the girly ones mostly because it makes me feel dirty

Comment

• Yonkers Looner
                        • Oct 2019

I looovvvee the foil balloons. I may prefer latex, but a good mylar is a rare treasure in my room. Especially big or cute one’s. With so many shapes to choose from, it’s hard to get bored with them. Blow it up, hear the mylar crinkle as the seams fill out, feel the tension on the surface, give it a hug, ride it down and listen to it squeak in protest... One of the biggest turn ons as a semi popper is the risk of it bursting a seam once you’ve fully inflated it. If you wanna ride it and have it survive another day, you have to be REAL slow and careful not to bust it straight down the middle. Try wrestling with a 42 inch helium mylar shape balloon for an hour without popping it. It’s harder than you think if you really wanna get good mileage out of it. Maybe I’m just biased cause my Great Uncle invented mylar
                        Sometimes I feel like Freud would have a bloody field day with me...

Writer, future teacher, gamer, nerd, lover, looner, stoner, unapologetic nutcase

Comment

• PBK
                          • Mar 2019

I used to totally not be into mylars at all. But in recent years I've warmed up to them. I especially like the larger round ones.
                          Latex is still by and large my preference. I don't own many mylars.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                            • Mar 2018

Mylar's have never done it for me. However, the other day I was about to pop some that came with a latex balloon arch and I started getting aroused by them. In the end, I couldn't bring myself to pop them and carefully deflated them. Maybe I'm starting to get turned on by them, who knows. I've just ordered some 40 inch mylar letters with a view to investigating further

Comment

• loonboy82
                              • Nov 2019

im 100% latex theres something about the smooth feel of a tightly inflated latex balloon that dose it for me but i wont say no to any form of balloon to have fun with

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎