X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Ride-On Inflatables?

What are the best ride-on inflatables that can take the weight of an adult male? My only inflatable, Layla the Orca, broke because she's pretty much just a kid's toy and can't take ~110kgs, the maximum weight limit is ~45kgs.
  • JR Looner
    • May 2015

Re: Ride-On Inflatables?

I don't really know of any ride-ons for adults, but you can look at inflatableworld.de. They have a good amount of larger ride-able inflatables. I have the duck and 5m whale from that site. They can hold my weight (180 lbs) quite well. I hope this helps.

Very Respectfully,

JR

Comment

• Capsaicin
      • Dec 2017

What brand is she? I only have about 65 kg etm and my Intex Orca rideons (the black ~190 cm have an "official" weight limit of 40 kg but they do not deform in the slightest after long rides with me on top. I also happen to know that they are usually very durable.

Comment

• loonerdude44
        Inflatable Enthusiast
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Capsaicin
        What brand is she? I only have about 65 kg etm and my Intex Orca rideons (the black ~190 cm have an "official" weight limit of 40 kg but they do not deform in the slightest after long rides with me on top. I also happen to know that they are usually very durable.
        She's a Bestway Orca, which means she's (apparently) lower quality than the Intex Orcas, though I'm yet to get an Intex one.

Comment

• craggy2012
          • Jan 2012

The old Best way gloss black Orca's (Mid 80's to mid 90's) were very tough and durable. I've still got one that's still going strong from 94 when I first purchased it.

As for the IW one's, I've both the 3 metre blue and black whales and they're pretty good.... but bear in mind they are regular gauge pooltoy vinyl 0.20mm (or there abouts) and are just scaled up kids sized pool toys.
          They'll certainly take the weight of two adults but just how rough you can get before they give out I'm not entirely sure?

Comment

• loonerdude44
            Inflatable Enthusiast
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by craggy2012
            The old Best way gloss black Orca's (Mid 80's to mid 90's) were very tough and durable. I've still got one that's still going strong from 94 when I first purchased it.

As for the IW one's, I've both the 3 metre blue and black whales and they're pretty good.... but bear in mind they are regular gauge pooltoy vinyl 0.20mm (or there abouts) and are just scaled up kids sized pool toys.
            They'll certainly take the weight of two adults but just how rough you can get before they give out I'm not entirely sure?
            Well mine isn't an old one from the 80s/90s, she's brand new, I bought her new from a department store for $15 NZD (~$10 USD)

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

I've tried recent models of both the Intex and Bestway black whales and I liked the Bestway one better. It was stretchier and had slightly thicker vinyl, and I also liked the shape better. Both were about 10 USD on Amazon.

Comment

• puffy cheeks
                • Nov 2013

Do you guys ride them in your underwear or without

Comment

• Inflover89101
                  • Mar 2019

Originally posted by craggy2012

I think the IW 3m whales suffer from a weak top seam near the tail if you over inflate and/or too rough with them, although I've never had one pop on me.

Comment

• Inflover89101
                    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by loonerdude44
                    What are the best ride-on inflatables that can take the weight of an adult male? My only inflatable, Layla the Orca, broke because she's pretty much just a kid's toy and can't take ~110kgs, the maximum weight limit is ~45kgs.
                    I'd ignore the weight limits, most inflatables can withstand a hell of alot weight than what it quotes, I'm about your weight last time I checked and I've never popped any of the Intex or best way inflatables that say 40-45kg max, even when over inflated and rough with them.
                    I think the manufacturer puts a much lower max weight so they can't be sued for it bursting etc, you'll find it's fine for 140kgs but they put 45kg to be safe I don't know, as I know is I weigh more than double what most say the max weight is and I'm yet to pop any.

Comment

• heaviest
                      • Jun 2018

The rated weight limit is for stability in the pool. It takes a lot more weight than that to pop them, but you can get unlucky. And obviously bouncing and overinflating are tougher on them.

Also, if you're on it for a long time it will probably develop a leak.

Comment

• Equui-Nox
                        • Nov 2017

If you're that concerned about leaks and toys busting on you, you should consider the custom inflatable community. Anything PuffyPaws, or Phenod Toy should work.

Just be prepared to pay a pretty penny, granted, its for a really well-made toy.

Comment

• inbox_pm
                          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by puffy cheeks
                          Do you guys ride them in your underwear or without
                          In my bed, of course, without, a feeling from soft stretchy vinyl is so excitive for me In water i can't to swim naked because even half wild river places here not private enoth for this.

Usually the toys holds much bigger load then that limits and for very long time. Of course, if you will not overinflate them. For example, my pink seashell mattress have a 65 kg limit, I often swimming on it with my 90? and first hole on seam happens after a 10 years of swimming. A tiny hole, that very easy to repair. Next summer I again will swim on it
                          Last edited by inbox_pm; 25-12-2019, 10:52.

Comment

• heaviest
                            • Jun 2018

I finally had an opportunity to ride an Intex blue & white dolphin in the pool. Hadn't seen one since I was a kid. I'm almost 600 pounds and it was more a matter of balancing on it as it sunk, but I didn't break it. A woman somewhat larger than me rode it without even sinking the front of it, as most of her weight was in the water and she didn't try getting over top of the thing like I did She leaned forward but most of her weight was behind the fin, and that half was definitely under water. She's so buoyant, though, it doesn't take a lot to float her. She didn't break the dolphin, either. Neither of us was on it more than a minute, though.

Doesn't seem like it would hold a lot of weight outside the pool. Such a complex shape, I'm sure the seams aren't loaded evenly.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎