What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amac
    • Mar 2017

Re: What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?

Originally posted by Vicci
    No, although a few years ago I used to get some good big ones from the one at New Malden. I only go for a coffee when I'm passing - it's either there or mcdonald's at 1am, so no waistline worries.
    The funny thing was I never actually used to buy doughnuts because they would give you one of the iced ring doughnuts if you bought a coffee usually straight hot off the production plant which you can see from the shop.

Not sure if they still do that or whether it was just the one nearest me that did it

Comment

• Regular Guy
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by OverTheTop
      Wow, that's really impressive - usually advertising balloons like those are really cheap and pop easily, but that's one of the best necks I've seen on a tied-off balloon!
      I think I wouldn't agree, at least here in Germany most advertising balloons are Belbals which are quite tough.

And I think Vicci's white balloons are Belbals, the shape fits my experiences with several Belbal davertising balloons.

Comment

• Vicci
        Blown to bits
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Regular Guy
        And I think Vicci's white balloons are Belbals, the shape fits my experiences with several Belbal davertising balloons.
        Indeed they are
        Vicci x

Comment

• OverTheTop
          • Dec 2013

Indeed they are
          Ahh, that would explain it. In the US most of the balloons you'll find are cheap low-quality ones.

Comment

• thevinylrider
            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
            Pretty much all my balloons i play with are over inflated as i am a semi/popper popper. But i happen to be only 5'8" & weigh less than 130 pounds so most my balloons i get rough with can usually take the punishment...& believe me i put em through hell... i love my TT-17s as well as 24s being that i can get quite a few reuses despite over inflating them 99.9% of the time...but when it comes to Cattexes....those GLs,dolls or giant rounds...those mothers last me for years as they are so resistant to my small athletic frame....though im down to only 7 of my crystal teal Q-24s....i popped one the other day shortly after over inflating it at my electric pump. I started hugging & squeezing & KABLAM! ....sigh....i gotta be more careful & ration those...What am i gonna do when i eventually pop em all !? I know ill never find them again! I ordered them back in 2013! sob.....
            --------------------------------------------------------
            Try a giant GL 500/600? in a motel deep hot tub--crank the jets--it bounces you like straddling a giant sausage and the swirling hot water caresses and tickles your little toes and pink soles, snatches at your calves and ankles.

Comment

• Claire123
              • Oct 2016

My favourite girl was on the drive-thru again last night

Turns out she doesn't use the pump - I said to her "blimey, did the pump get a bit carried away?" she responded with "I don't use the pump, they always pop on there"
              Hehe nice!

I am organising a hen do for a friend next month. We're going to start at home for drinks and games before heading out to bars. I'm thinking balloons to decorate, a few blown up to their limit for sure

Comment

• heleo
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Claire123
                Hehe nice!

I am organising a hen do for a friend next month. We're going to start at home for drinks and games before heading out to bars. I'm thinking balloons to decorate, a few blown up to their limit for sure
                A hen do, some uniflated 18" clear rounds should be fun for the ladies to blow up...

Comment

• Seasider
                  • Jan 2016

My favourite girl was on the drive-thru again last night

Turns out she doesn't use the pump - I said to her "blimey, did the pump get a bit carried away?" she responded with "I don't use the pump, they always pop on there"
                  Did she recognise you? And are they belbal 12" balloons, they look blown up to the max! I love this thread!!

Comment

• Jkloon
                    • Aug 2013

Not sure if I posted already. I didn't see it if I did, and if I did I apologize for the re-post.

I managed to get a 24" party city up to 45" before it popped

Comment

• Kiltieman
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Claire123
                      So last weekend I went to a 40th birthday party at a friends flat. The friends husband had decorated the place with some bunches of balloons and banners around the lounge.

What struck me is how incredibly tight some of the balloons were inflated Seriously the necks on those things, they looked as if one touch and they would burst. A couple did spontaneously pop throughout the night, which didn't surprise me!

I thought this was really unusual, most people don't inflate balloons enough I feel! Maybe he's a looner I remember going into a phone shop earlier in the year and they had balloons in there with their logo on and some of those had huge necks too.

So have you ever been surprised by a non-looner over inflating their balloons?
                      I was at a travel trade show in the SEC Glasgow in January and while everyone was setting up stands I noted that there were loads of balloons with company or brand names on.We were in our kilts as usual and a couple of ladies on the opposite stand were blowing balloons up with an air tank and some were for decoration on the stand and the rest through the day would be on plastic sticks and given to kids(or looners lol). I was quite amazed at the nonchalant way one of the ladies was able to just inflate and tie the balloons at a really dangerous looking size but I loved the look of them. To me an underinflated balloon is no use. She blew one up and then walked across to us while she was trying to tie it and she started asking about the tartan of the kilt and various stuff about them saying we looked really smart but my fixation was on the balloon. She tied it then put it under her arm while she chatted. I was nervous and thrilled at the same time. Thankfully it didnt burst. I did notice that most of the balloons they blew up and clipped to the sticks were huge and I loved the colours and the appearance of them. Some kids who got them only got a short distance then Bang! Some came back for another but they were always blown up to the hilt lol.
                      Some stande had balloons that to me looked soft and squidgy and I did feel like untieing them and doing the job right. My only conclusion on Claires point is that some people just have a sort of blind innocent attitude to balloons and blow them up till they are pressing against their mouth and or fingers and that is it. These ladies burst one or two at the point of inflation with the tank but they just jumped and got another balloon. I'd have jumped and been traumatised for about 30minutes lol.
                      I find it odd within myself that my interest in balloons started many many years ago as a boy when one burst and I was petrified by it then it all swung round over the years as I was able to actually blow balloons up to a point where I just have to blow the balloon till its at its utter limit. I love to pat them around and hear that nice resonance as you pat the balloon into the air. The feel of a tight balloon is incredibly exciting to me in a few ways lol.

Comment

• Claire123
                        • Oct 2016

I was walking through a shopping centre today and there were some teenagers sat down on the ground. One was holding a very tight balloon with a long neck to it. I wondered where they had got it from but couldn't make it out. I did think to myself that looks close but it didn't burst as I walked past them.

However I went into a shop and shortly heard the bang!

Comment

• MrPopper
                          • Jul 2017

As for me.. I was surprised that a regular mylar balloon 18" size can actually get very big, almost like a orbz balloon. And I can show it to you, I was making a video, inflating that balloon with a pump but it took like 6 minutes to pop it so I even had to fast forward the video

Comment

• Big Balloons!
                            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by MrPopper
                            As for me.. I was surprised that a regular mylar balloon 18" size can actually get very big, almost like a orbz balloon. And I can show it to you, I was making a video, inflating that balloon with a pump but it took like 6 minutes to pop it so I even had to fast forward the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQVAu9jutaw
                            Never knew a mylar could get that big (without being a 36 incher)! I remember getting one of those inflated for me at a charity event once, it took two tries because the original popped, but it never got that big!

Most inflated balloon I've seen are all my own - I don't see many balloons where I live and even if they are overinflated they pop on their own rather quickly.

Comment

• MrPopper
                              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Big Balloons!
                              Never knew a mylar could get that big (without being a 36 incher)! I remember getting one of those inflated for me at a charity event once, it took two tries because the original popped, but it never got that big!

Most inflated balloon I've seen are all my own - I don't see many balloons where I live and even if they are overinflated they pop on their own rather quickly.

Pressure is the key here Since I like to pop mylar balloons, one thing I can tell you that it really matters how fast you inflate them. There are some videos on youtube where people explain how to inflate mylar balloons etc and they mention the fact that you cant do it fast like you can with latex balloons because they will be torn apart fast. What I did in this video is that I bought a 12V air compressor, used old cable extension to power it up from my computers PSU (google it, its possible ) and used that compressor. It can hold high pressure but it blows slow so because it does slow, it might be a reason why I managed to pump it so big and you cant because you inflate them too fast. Im not a pro so quote me on that but I will test this later when my parcel from aliexpress will arrive

Comment

• snh61
                                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by MrPopper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQVAu9jutaw
                                Where can one get such mylar ballons? Never seen such exapandable.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎