Old 01-03-2018, 11:27 AM

Seasider is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?
Hi vicci thanks for your reply. I am not bothered when I get hold of balloons from shops, restaurants etc. I think it is because I am so focussed on getting the balloons I seem to lose sense of whatís going on around me!! I was in my local Homebase last night buying bird food and noticed they now have a balloon tree at the front of the store. They had a variety of print types from the suppliers they use for their kitchens and compani s like silicon paint. I couldnít get any balloons to take but I am going to go back this weekend and see what in van get ! Apologies as I know itís off topic for this thread and they were only q11.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:20 AM

kosmos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vicci View Post
I just said "oh can I take some balloons?" at which point she handed me 6 (2 escaped en-route home - they were so over-filled that they came off the valves)

a) no different to carrying a bag of shopping, apart from you get small kids shouting to their mothers "look mummy balloons!". People buy balloons for parties every day and carry them through town, so it's quite normal.
b) I think so... they seem to have the wide Belbal neck
Hi vicci thanks for posting that beautiful pic of overinflated balloons, i wish i could see balloons like that here but unfortunately there is way too many latex allergies where i live (nearly 99% of doctors offices only use Nitrile (butadiene) Latex)) (that and lawsuits, and using only cheap chinese 9 inch) i wish i could get some of those charity balloons.

Last edited by kosmos; 03-03-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Blown to bits

Vicci is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
I was in my local Homebase last night buying bird food and noticed they now have a balloon tree at the front of the store. They had a variety of print types from the suppliers they use for their kitchens and compani s like silicon paint.
I've never seen that in a Homebase - might have to go and look.
I quite often go to the Bunnings (company who own homebase) in Milton Keynes as they always have a tree full of crystal green balloons at the door, nice and easy to grab some on the way out. Sometimes the bag of uninflated ones is lurking around that area so you can grab some of those too.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:43 PM

Iíve just re read my last post, I meant balloons with dulux printed on them. I went back there today to take a photo but there was a member of staff stood next to the balloon tree handing them out, they were all yellow ones today with Homebase value printed on them, and to be honest they didnít look too fresh!

I am the same with you vicci when it comes to bunnings. I have been to our n stay one in Chichester a few times and always come away with their green balloons, they arenít the best balloons but you can get loads. The Chichester branch is covered in them, 2 tees at the entrance and they are always on the end of each aisle!! My local Toyota garage had a load today but I couldnít get any unfortunately, I am seeing a lot more balloons around at the minute!!
Old 03-03-2018, 10:01 PM

BusterBill is on a distinguished road
My favorite most overinflated balloon ever is here: https://youtu.be/hN5UcdpGTvo
Old 10-03-2018, 01:14 PM

Alan is on a distinguished road
Great thread, and nice to read all of your experiences. I have a few on overinflation: one memory is from when I was 9. It was a jewel tone lilac/purple transparent 16" which I wanted when I saw one at the gift and party shop: Mum was buying wrapping paper. The lady filled it so tightly with air, and it was exciting to see it grow, and the colour tones come alive. It looked like a glass teardrop, it was pouting and rock-hard- my heart started beating fast!! I really didn't want to get fingerprints on it.
When home, in the living room I gave it a hug. I remember it being so tight I could hardly squeeze it. I remember a very intense rush of happy feelings and butterflies in my stomach as I gently hugged it. The smell was AMAZING too. I had an afternoon peaceful nap only to wake up to my noisy siblings (brother and sister) come home from school. They were older: mid teens, and they started fighting over my balloon while watching tv and sitting on the floor they were trying to snatch the balloon from each other with their feet: I found it exciting and upsetting to see it get covered in sticky bare feet marks, and the clean balloon was shrieking and squealing very loud from deep to high pitch, and it swelled up in the process, and burst with a deafening bang! It did struggle, and I'll say for a tight over inflated balloon, it did put up a struggle! I think sticky sweaty feet do burst balloons quicker. Unfortunately my experience with that balloon was short lived: I felt a rush of excitement and upset.. I started crying.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Vicci View Post
I've never seen that in a Homebase - might have to go and look.
I quite often go to the Bunnings (company who own homebase) in Milton Keynes as they always have a tree full of crystal green balloons at the door, nice and easy to grab some on the way out. Sometimes the bag of uninflated ones is lurking around that area so you can grab some of those too.
Hi vicci. I went back tonight and managed to get a photo of the balloon tree. The yellow balloons are Homebase printed ones and the pink ones had a dulux paint print on them. I didnít take any as they were a little oxidised and werenít a brand I recognise (they smelt quite sweet if that helps identify them at all!)
Attached Images: