X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJK64
    • Jun 2018

Re: Reliable Balloon Sources

I think deliveries to uk are higher now we are not part of the eu. They are imports now

Comment

• TheBiggertheBetter
      • Dec 2020

Here is the link for those interested.
      BALLOONS UNITED 2021 The show must go on.FOLLOW US:• https://www.facebook.com/BalloonsUnited• https://www.instagram.com/balloons_united_official• https://twi...

Comment

• Scaredyburst
        • Dec 2020

Has anybody any experience in buying modelling balloons direct from China - for instance

and

They seem too cheap to be any good!!.....
        🎈📌💥 🐕 🐖

Comment

• Tony

Balloon Ace are great and fast.

Comment

• BusterBill
            Founder, Balloon Buddies
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Scaredyburst
            Has anybody any experience in buying modelling balloons direct from China - for instance

I have made dozens of purchases from Aliexpress dealers over the past three or four years with varying degrees of satisfaction.

Aliexpress is bascially the eBay of China. Aliexpress is simply a collection of individual dealers (or "shops") -- anyone who wants to can create a "shop" on Aliexpress, and tens of thousands of Chinese entrepreneurs have done so. The parent company, Alibaba, makes an enormous catalog of products from Chinese manufacturers available to the individual dealers. Each dealer decides what kinds of merchandise he wants to sell in his "shop" and then creates listings from manufacturer-provided photos and descriptions. Prices are set by the dealer, so you will see the same products being sold at different prices by dozens of dealers.

When it comes to balloons, there are not that many manufacturers for the dealers to choose from. I don't know precisely the current number of balloon manufacturers that wholesale to the dealers, but it seems to be in the vicinty of perhaps 8 to 10 manufacturers. Quality is extremely variable from manufacturer to manufacturer.

It is difficult (impossible) to tell from the listings which balloons are going to be outstanding and which will be sub-standard. Some manufacturers use latex or coagulant which has a foul petrol-like chemical smell. Some others add too much plasticizer or stabilizer. But some are excellent, and quite similar to reliable Western brands like Tuftex, Qualatex and Cattex.

I have a short list of dealers that I like for my favorite balloons because I know that those dealers carry better quality products. I built my short list through trial and error by ordering the balloon styles and sizes that I like from a bunch of different dealers over the years.

For what it's worth, in the past 2 years the overall quality of the balloons sold by Aliexpress dealers has improved dramatically. However, don't forget that poor quality products are still sold and that you may be disappointed with your purchase. Fortunately if you are careful and order only a few balloons from each dealer you will have spent very little money to identify the dealers that you like best.

The examples you posted in your note are for modeling balloons, which I've never ordered and which aren't sold by my preferred dealers, so I can't suggest a dealer for you.

My advice would be to go ahead and place a small order, or even several small orders from different dealers and zero in on the dealer that provides the best quality and service for you.

By the way, don't forget to do your homework regarding the dealer's reputation -- the Aliexpress site provides some useful metrics to judge each dealer. The number of sales the dealer has made of any given product is a strong indicator of quality, as is the feedback received from buyers.

Good luck!

Comment

• Scaredyburst
              • Dec 2020

I have since posting, ordered and received some of the chinese (imitation) 260Qs. (In black!) They are good - much stronger than I thought they would be. I'm not making cutesy little balloon animals, They are long enough to wrap around my chest and belly, keeping my arms secure and still.
              🎈📌💥 🐕 🐖

Comment

• dallaspop
                • Feb 2021

Great thread! Any local companies around Dallas??

Comment

• Clement-BQC
                  • May 2020

Hello,

We have just received new stock from Rifco / BWS.
                  Everything is on our site https://balloune-qc.com/

As a reminder, we are in Quebec and ship to all of Canada but also to the United States. All without import tax so no surprises when the deliveryman drops off your package.

Looking forward to placing your order

Comment

• Londonj2014
                    • Dec 2017

I have to say, I have bought from balloune-qc.com and found it very good! They used to be called FrenchBalloons

Shipping to the UK was good (during Covid times anyway) and response to queries was super fast.

they have a large selection, some of which you can't find on other sites

would highly recommend

Comment

• AJK64
                      • Jun 2018

balloune-qc.com are now saying they dont deliver to the uk

Comment

• blnhead85
                        • Oct 2020

Though it is always good to have reliable balloon sources (mine is Bargain Balloons, as their stock is relatively fresh), it becomes difficult when the manufacturer decides to discontinue certain colors/sizes.

This is probably old news to many, but Qualatex has discontinued their Jewel Magenta, Jewel Teal, and Jewel Lime colors in both 11" and 16" sizes. As these colors have been key to defining their Jewel Fantasy assortments, those are disappearing as well (including the New Year and plain assortments).

There are pockets of availability for these, but they are drying up quickly. It was disappointing when they discontinued their 14" line some years ago, followed by the 24" introduction and then removal from their catalog only a few years later.

For those of us who appreciate a wide pallette of crystal colors, this is very unfortunate, but maybe it provides an opportunity for others (TT?) to step in and fill the void.

-- But to that point, does anyone know if Tuf Tex balloons hold up better in storage now that they have the Pioneer formula?... I fear there may be a gap here for a while.

Comment

• Enzufrat47
                          • Mar 2021

Hi guys! I’ve bubble gum fetish! Basically I’m obsessed with people blowing and popping bubbles gum on my face... can anyone help me find this type of stuff?

Comment

• justanotherlooner
                            • Mar 2021

Hello, anyone has experience with the store "Balloons United", This is the first time that im thinking of ordering balloons online but im worried of their packaging because of my family, so if anyone can tell me if the package is discreete and their overall experience i would appreciate it. In their page they say that they only include a declaration for customs but i want to hear you guys storys. Thanks

Comment

• sexyneck
                              • Feb 2016

Thank you so much 😍

Originally posted by OverTheTop
                              I thought I'd share my list of balloon sources for whoever needs them.

Resellers
                              • Balloons United - international reseller based in Germany, recently reopened under new ownership.
                              • Loonerworld - based in Germany, ships internationally, often includes sealing clips with orders. Note: link is to ebay.de, US site may not properly show listings on store page.
                              • Dekoballoon [EN] - Based in Germany, ships internationally.
                              • BubbleXL - Based in the Netherlands, ships internationally.
                              • Nordic Looners - Based in Denmark, ships internationally.
                              • BargainBalloons [CA] - Wholesale discounts, flat-rate shipping to North America with no minimum order.
                              • Jennyloons - Based in Germany, ships internationally - also has physical store (details on site).
                              • Balloon Ace - Based in UK, ships internationally.
                              • Click 4 Balloons - Wholesale shop in the UK, free delivery to UK(?) with no minimum order.
                              • BQC Balloune Québec - Based in Canada, ships internationally.

Manufacturers
                              • Cattex Balloons [EN] - Based in Italy, makes a huge variety of balloons including special designs like the Cattex longnecks.
                              • Balloons World Store [EN] - Based in Italy, used to be called Rifco, and still makes many of the same designs.

If anyone else has other sites I missed, please reply and I'll add them!

Comment

• Yea
                                Me Too
                                • May 2019

Yo dude, before the owner change they shipped in a brown carboard envelope style package, nothing at all on it that may alert family, even the payment info was just a name nothing to with it, not sure if its the same now, hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎