X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Q16 vs Q24?

For those of you who have tried both, how do they compare to each other? I've never had any Qtex balloons, all I've ever had were cheapo Chinese ones which are decent but with the occasional weak spot (which can sometimes be HORRIBLE).
  • BYGavia
    • Dec 2017

Re: Q16 vs Q24?

I've had both, and both are fantastic in feel and quality (no, it's NOT just in the name )

The Q16 and Q24, despite their similarities, are (in my opinion) entirely different beasts. As they are both made by Qualatex, they feel and smell rather similar when inflated. They also tend to tighten when approaching capacity (at least, upon initial inflation), so I find it difficult to accidentally overinflate them.

Now, as a nonpopper, I find this a positive attribute. I can have a bit of fun with a Q16 when it's nice and full and tight without worrying [too much] that it will pop. Likewise, you'll find that a Q24 will resist your breaths eventually. What happens next, however, is different between the two sizes.

The Q24...well, it's a monster. That neck will expand massively. One of my favorite looner experiences is to inflate a Q24 to capacity, get on top, and lay myself down such that the neck balloons (ha) out in front of me. Riding on a Q24, maybe inflating it while hugging the neck as it bulges out and back in... it's incredible.

The Q16 CAN develop a neck, but it gets pretty hard to tie. Personally, I get nervous as a Q16 neck expands, but it's probably unwarranted — again, nonpopper here.

Sadly, Qualatex has discontinued the Q24, so count yourself lucky if you manage to snag some. You can't go wrong with a Q16, though my preferences lie with the Tuftex 17" when compared with similarly sized balloons. Q16s, however, last longer than TT17s in storage.

So if you get a chance to buy some jewel (translucent) Q16s, give them a go! They might not be as soft as Chinese-made balloons until repeated inflation, but they'll surely be more durable and consistent.

I'm currently waiting on an order that includes Cattex 32" longnecks, which I hope will be comparable to the Q24.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• Micks101
      • Jan 2017

You can't beat Qualatex in my opinion, regardless of size. I've had plenty of experiences with both 16s and 24s and although the 24s are my favourite the 16s are great also! Both sizes, like all Qualatex, have an amazing smell and always get nice and tight at their rated capacity, although they still have a bit of play to allow for some brave necking for non-poppers like me!

I have lost count of how many 24s I've ridden and gone to town on, it was devastating when they were discontinued I loved how my room always smelled of latex after a session, such a great scent!

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

Not much to add really. Q16 are smaller and is difficult to neck. The Q24 is well known for its amazing neck. They're both really durable and I haven't yet had any issues with them ageing.

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
        I'm currently waiting on an order that includes Cattex 32" longnecks, which I hope will be comparable to the Q24.
        The only real similarity is the huge neck. The Cattex is paddle-shaped, so it's not perfectly round when inflated. They're also softer and obvously bigger They also feel very durable. Overall a great balloon!

Comment

• BYGavia
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by lyckr
          The only real similarity is the huge neck. The Cattex is paddle-shaped, so it's not perfectly round when inflated. They're also softer and obvously bigger They also feel very durable. Overall a great balloon!
          Ok, sounds promising. I should have realized the paddle shape would make a difference, but I'm not too worried about that.
          Last edited by BYGavia; 16-01-2018, 21:42. Reason: Fixed the quote

Comment

• balloonrider
            • Jan 2017

The Q24 - legendary, both in shape, smell, texture of the latex ( nice and smooth ) and as many before me have said, insane neck. They are super durable, you can ride them super hard, if they do pop, the boom is epic and will make your ears ring.

The Q16 - I love the smell of the 16", they do not neck very well, but are durable, not as strong as the Q24, but I have humped the shit out of several without popping them, they do give a nice bang when they burst. I love to fill up a room with only Q16.

Both highly recommended

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍