X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SitpoppingLoons14
    Extreme Sit-popper
    • Mar 2016

Buying anxiety

So because buying balloons online is very expensive, I decided to buy some decent loons at my local store, but I can't because I'm afraid of getting looks from other people. How do I buy now?
    You never know when it's gonna pop!
  • Vicci
    Blown to bits
    • Oct 2009

Re: Buying anxiety

Just remember that there's nothing strange about going in to a store that sells balloons and buying some - that's what they expect you to do
    Vicci x

Comment

• Regular Guy
      • Aug 2015

Don't worry, you won't get looks and no one will think something weird.
      There's nothing strange about buying balloons.

But I feel with you. The first times I bought balloons at local stores I didn't feel very comfortable and I even was nervous.
      But it got better each time I went to buy balloons.
      Just keep in mind that there are enough reasons to buy balloons, such as parties, pranks and so on. That helped me to stay relaxed while buying balloons.

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
        Extreme Sit-popper
        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Vicci
        Just remember that there's nothing strange about going in to a store that sells balloons and buying some - that's what they expect you to do
        It's actually a store that sells many things and their balloons are the best I can find. It's big and it holds up really well. So..... now, what do I do?

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
          Extreme Sit-popper
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Regular Guy
          Don't worry, you won't get looks and no one will think something weird.
          There's nothing strange about buying balloons.

But I feel with you. The first times I bought balloons at local stores I didn't feel very comfortable and I even was nervous.
          But it got better each time I went to buy balloons.
          Just keep in mind that there are enough reasons to buy balloons, such as parties, pranks and so on. That helped me to stay relaxed while buying balloons.
          Yeah, I think I'm going with the prank one.

Comment

• Meililoon
            aka lyckr
            • Sep 2014

When I first started buying balloons I often found myself walking past the store I was going to shop in several times before having the courage to go in. I would also try to spend as little time as possible looking through the different balloons they had
            But as the others have said, there's nothing strange about someone buying balloons. I've received some questions when I've bought more than the average customer, but I've just told the person at the counter it's for a birthday party or something like that

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

Mother's day is coming up on May 8th. Boom, you have an excuse now.

Comment

• MalunEri
                • Sep 2015

Make up a story in your head, just a random simple one. The less details, the better.
                A pack or two of balloons? A birthday party.
                A hundred packs? You're gonna surprise someone with a balloon room as a prank.

Chances are you'll never get asked anyways, but just having those ideas at the back of your mind will help you relax. As people said, balloons are perfectly normal.

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
                  • Mar 2016

I always think of a random reason just in case they do ask me. Usually they don't, though. We're a very small minority, so it's not like people are gonna suspect anything. Even if you're buying really big balloons.

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
                    Extreme Sit-popper
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by MalunEri
                    Make up a story in your head, just a random simple one. The less details, the better.
                    A pack or two of balloons? A birthday party.
                    A hundred packs? You're gonna surprise someone with a balloon room as a prank.

Chances are you'll never get asked anyways, but just having those ideas at the back of your mind will help you relax. As people said, balloons are perfectly normal.
                    Probably the most useful comment. Thanks. Will buy them loons.

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
                      Extreme Sit-popper
                      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by onemoreblow
                      If they ask questions, maybe it's because they have a balloon fetish!
                      We can only hope.

Comment

• avidpopper2
                        • Mar 2016

I know the feeling. And I've had comments made. I've finally figured out the solution. Whenever I'm buying a lot of inflatables or balloons to pop, as soon as I get to the register, before they can say something stupid, I announce that I need a receipt to get reimbursed by work. Never have had anything said since then.
                        Dane

Comment

• Bluvin
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by avidpopper2
                          I know the feeling. And I've had comments made. I've finally figured out the solution. Whenever I'm buying a lot of inflatables or balloons to pop, as soon as I get to the register, before they can say something stupid, I announce that I need a receipt to get reimbursed by work. Never have had anything said since then.
                          Dane
                          I could see a few leaks in that one. This hypothetical conversation says it all.

<me> Hello, ill be needing a receipt to be reimbursed.
                          <cashier> Must be quite a big event going on, where do you work?
                          <me> Over at so n place
                          <cashier> Oh!, my cousin works there too, ill have to ask them about said event. what did you say it was again?

So if you don't say real workplace at least you can avoid that store again, but I just see that opening up into other questions, esp the more you buy. So just buy them and be on your way, even if you said you just buying them all for me, I would think that would be took in jokingly.

Comment

• craggy2012
                            • Jan 2012

The shops not going to be bothered as your spending money there.... I know where your coming from though. I can remember almost bottling out as I approached the till buying ten jumbo beach balls from my local Toy's R Us store once. You'll soon get used to it though...

Comment

• OverTheTop
                              • Dec 2013

You guys are overthinking this. It's a party/balloon store. They expect you to buy balloons, they're not going to judge you...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎