X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loonatic
    Balloons + Feet
    • Apr 2016

Ever Thought About Being Honest?

I was needing to kill time today after work so I dropped by the local party store to see what balloon selection they had and possibly pick up some new loons to play with and found myself making up a cover story as to why I'm buying the balloons just in case I was asked by the person ringing me up. I've been asked a few times but usually say it's for an office/surprise party or something of the sort, but while I was driving off I wondered to myself if any balloon people have ever straight up told the worker what they were really buying those loons for.

So I just imagined going up there to check out and the worker asking, "What are you getting all these balloons for?" and just replying with a smile, "sex." Before strutting out like it's nothing Or maybe the worker asks, "What are you planning on doing with all of these big balloons?" and flat out tell them, "I'm going to bounce on them until they pop." anyways, just fleeting daydreams, wondered if anybody else has ever thought the same.

I did have one time where I picked up a couple packs of 24" rounds from that same store and the cute woman who rang me up commented, "looks like somebody's gonna have some fun!" to which I thought to myself, "you bet I will!"
  • MikeTheBouncer
    POP-O-RAMA!
    • Feb 2016

Re: Ever Thought About Being Honest?

Excellent post, Loonatic!

How about this?

What kind of reaction will you receive in the year 2016 versus, say... 2006 or 1996?

Would the shopkeeper / cashier have at least heard of "balloon fetishism" by now?

Would a younger store employee be more "liberal" and open-minded than say a person from an older generation?

I am going to assume that the uncomfortable conversation would be much more likely in 1996 than in 2016.

Just my thoughts!

Mike The Bouncer
    Last edited by MikeTheBouncer; 13-12-2016, 06:10.

Comment

• Loonatic
      Balloons + Feet
      • Apr 2016

Thank you, Mike! I was a bit nervous about posting this, I've only made a couple before and they were just simple questions of mine, so never anything to try to start a real conversation.

Anyways, you make a great point! I think that balloon fetishism has gained at least a bit more traction with the general public in today's culture, even if it is still seen as a bit taboo. Also, along with actions from different generations, I wonder if different locations would bring different levels of open-mindedness? Such as a more conservative small-town store vs. a large, more liberal, store in the city (or vice versa, liberal small town/conservative large city).

Thanks for bringing that up, I hadn't thought of that! Thanks again for the input!

Comment

• OverTheTop
        • Dec 2013

I've considered it, but at my local party store no one looks twice when I buy a basket full of 24" balloons, and even if they did I don't think I would be bold enough to pull it off.

Comment

• Loonatic
          Balloons + Feet
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by OverTheTop
          I've considered it, but at my local party store no one looks twice when I buy a basket full of 24" balloons, and even if they did I don't think I would be bold enough to pull it off.
          Lucky, I wish the people at my local shop weren't so inquisitive. Although, it is how I ended up thinking of this whole scenario in the first place. Though, I'd never see myself being bold enough to say what they're really for.

Comment

• Vicci
            Blown to bits
            • Oct 2009

I have kind of once, the girl serving asking if I was throwing a party, I said "no, I'm going going to pop them all", she laughed and we got on with our day.
            Although, she probably thought I was being sarcastic.
            Vicci x

Comment

• Loonatic
              Balloons + Feet
              • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Vicci
              I have kind of once, the girl serving asking if I was throwing a party, I said "no, I'm going going to pop them all", she laughed and we got on with our day.
              Although, she probably thought I was being sarcastic.
              Haha! That's great, maybe I'll try out just saying that sometime!

Comment

• Micks101
                • Jan 2017

I remember a time when I was asked by a storeperson 'These balloons are huge, whose job is it to blow them up?'. I replied 'my partner' which was not an inch of a lie

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎