Anything new with beach balls lately?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOhara
    • Jul 2015

Re: Anything new with beach balls lately?

Originally posted by wildheart
    Just got my first 24 inch beachball. Made by intex, haven't had the chance to use it yet. Material seems nice. Shiny plastic but unfortunately doesn't have that classic inflatable smell that we all love. Doesn't smell of anything. It looks thin but strong, bet it can be overinflated. Anyone else tried these?
    I love them! I have a 24 inch intex beachball in alternating white with pink blue and yellow panels. It had a smell but for me a smell doesnt do much.

I have overinflated it many times and its stretchy! So far no leaks or pops! The leaks eventually will happen if your rough with it.

I actually took it in the shower a few days ago when I had my place to myself. First time. What a feeling!

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

That's the one I've got. Good to know it'll survive overinflation. I always blow them a bit too big. Valve looked a bit small so it might take a while to inflate. Might have to remove the flap so I can blow it faster. Only problem is that they sometimes leak after. I'll probably attempt to fix any leaks with epoxy. Anyone tried that? It's usally quite strong. Takes longer to dry than super glue but is a lot stronger.
      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• OverTheTop
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by wildheart
        That's the one I've got. Good to know it'll survive overinflation. I always blow them a bit too big. Valve looked a bit small so it might take a while to inflate. Might have to remove the flap so I can blow it faster. Only problem is that they sometimes leak after. I'll probably attempt to fix any leaks with epoxy. Anyone tried that? It's usally quite strong. Takes longer to dry than super glue but is a lot stronger.
        Epoxy probably won't help much, vinyl glue would be better and is pretty common. Here's a video about repairing inflatables with it.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

I had time to inflate it today. Thought it looked a little small to be 24 inch. I measured it and was disappointed to find it was only 17 inches (obviously meant to be 16 but I blew it a little too big) dunno if they sent the wrong one or if it's a typo on the website. Got it off Amazon for £3. Still a nice size but was hoping for something larger. Oh well. I guess I'll see how close to 24" I can get it.
          How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
          My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• John225
            • Jan 2018

Beach balls are measured uninflated and flat, they are only about 2/3 their rated size when inflated
            Like my 60 inch is only about 40 inches tall. If it was really 5 get tall I couldn't get on it
            Last edited by John225; 24-07-2018, 21:01.

Comment

• craggy2012
              • Jan 2012

I've got a ten foot beach ball that's not even six foot high once inflated. It's funny though as with balloons they're measured inflated.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by craggy2012
                I've got a ten foot beach ball that's not even six foot high once inflated. It's funny though as with balloons they're measured inflated.
                My guess is that they can't pull the same trick with balloons since they stretch out after the first inflation, and the uninflated size is somewhat inconsistent anyways.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎