Old 22-02-2018, 03:25 AM

frankfrank is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reliable Balloon Sources
^ NYC didn't say what he did with the balloon (i.e. sitting, or what) - but I've had one of those inflated "reasonably well" not TIGHT but probably 80% full, and some serious bouncing with my 190 pounds didn't bust it, so...yeah they take weight surprisingly well.

What's even sweeter is having TWO of these inflated, arranging one on top of the other, and humping. That's more than "only" twice as much fun as using one balloon.
Old 22-02-2018, 04:20 AM

BlueYoshi is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah, I'm ceaselessly amazed at how much abuse they take.
Old 26-02-2018, 02:30 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
For those who are content to find balloons "in the wild" instead of ordering them, I would suggest Party City. You probably need to be in a decently-sized U. S. city to have one of these nearby but, among other things, they have 24-inch balloons which are quite durable and fully take my bouncing/humping weight, with durability to spare.

As for the cashier question if somebody's nosy, once I told the cashier something like "We're making a short film, and we need a few big balloons as one of the props" and that entirely worked, lol.
Party city is decent. I didn't put it on the list because I've been focusing on stores that sell balloons exclusively - especially ones targeted at looners.
Old 16-05-2018, 09:15 PM

chazzabong is on a distinguished road
Balloons United are always good !!
Old 06-06-2018, 01:44 AM

Whadup is on a distinguished road
Has anyone ever bought from http://www.jennyloons-shop.net. Their prices seem pretty good, i wonder how they package
Old 03-08-2018, 07:36 PM

albertcerruti is on a distinguished road
Just wondering if there is a local place to purchase any TT crystals 17 in Australia?
Old 06-08-2018, 02:48 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by albertcerruti View Post
Just wondering if there is a local place to purchase any TT crystals 17 in Australia?
In the US at least, I can order them from Amazon (try searching for Maple City Rubber, they're the parent company for the tuftex brand), otherwise many of the shops in the list ship internationally (but it will likely be more expensive and take longer). I'd recommend Balloons United or Nordic Looners, both stock tuftex.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:56 PM

albertcerruti is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
In the US at least, I can order them from Amazon (try searching for Maple City Rubber, they're the parent company for the tuftex brand), otherwise many of the shops in the list ship internationally (but it will likely be more expensive and take longer). I'd recommend Balloons United or Nordic Looners, both stock tuftex.
Thanks...seems Australia stores don't seem to stock tuftex =( I've been purchasing my internationally and it cost a fair bit =(
Old 23-08-2018, 10:55 PM
You blow, Iíll watch.

Davidblack is on a distinguished road
Face to face is fine. Write down your needs and put them on a clip board. Then it looks like you are buying for the company marketing guys. Some real pleasure to be had in the face to face world.

I agree orders from Germany are pricey (especially for us non poppers) I have got over 250 from Balloons United still including their own logged balloons. Had to buy so many to justify the shipping cost.
Old 23-08-2018, 11:17 PM
Blower at Looners Inc.

t17forLife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Davidblack View Post
Face to face is fine. Write down your needs and put them on a clip board. Then it looks like you are buying for the company marketing guys. Some real pleasure to be had in the face to face world.

I agree orders from Germany are pricey (especially for us non poppers) I have got over 250 from Balloons United still including their own logged balloons. Had to buy so many to justify the shipping cost.
Great concept. A clipboard does help in making it look like you belong in certain places. I'll have to try that sometime.

I usually just buy stuff locally, since I like the smaller balloons. I'll just go to a place like Walmart and buy a bunch of random things I need, and the like 5 packs of balloons. Self-checkout, of course.