Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

First step to pop a balloon

In many of you know that I'm a non-popper.
    Something inside me wants to change this.
    When I play with my wife, I really get nervous when she brings the balloons with nails, when she sits on or when interacts with them with no fear than a phobic non-popper; but whilst my fear grows up I also feel a little tizzy, above all when she teases me touching the balloons with nails (premise that she never would pops, she's scared too).
    So, sometimes, into my deep, I would like that she doesn't stop to hold the balloon with nails or stops to inflate; this makes me think, am I becoming a popper? The answer is: why not? I want to overcome this fear.
    As title, what's the first step to pop a balloon? I mean, surely blow to pop is the last step, and surely I want to do by myself, not to see my wife doing it. I've been thinking that I might use a pin and wear earplugs or pop sit down.
    What's your tip?
    Last edited by palloncino90; 06-05-2018, 15:13.
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons
  • Bounci
    • Apr 2018

Re: First step to pop a balloon

I'm still scared to this day but my very first step was to fill the balloons with water. This still took a long time but it got easier the more I did it and eventually I was able to pop air filled balloons. Up to now I've used all kinds of things. Goggles, thick clothing, ear plugs. Now I can do it without any of those and actually found it a lot of fun and very freeing. I can't always do it, but now when I do have a day where I feel the urge, at least it's an option. It can take time but it's not impossible. Much luck!

Comment

• Casey88
      lukmanrewa
      • Jun 2012

Use some earplugs with loud music on. Best way is to pin pop it or sit on it. The sound will be muffled.

Comment

• Slugamano
        • Jul 2016

Inflate and tie the balloon. Put it on the bed and cover with the blanket. Then grab a long needle and stab the balloon through the blanket...

Comment

• srob2
          • Dec 2017

First step is to inflate a balloon, uninflated balloons don't pop so well. But seriously, just buy a big bag of balloons and inflate a bunch as big as you can. At some point, grab something sharp and take one out. Popping will be a lot easier if you just popped one.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Slugamano
            Inflate and tie the balloon. Put it on the bed and cover with the blanket. Then grab a long needle and stab the balloon through the blanket...
            I still do this 99% of the time I pop balloons, it makes it sooo much easier. Just make sure it's a fairly thick duvet or it won't reduce the sound as much as you expect

Comment

• Meililoon
              aka lyckr
              • Sep 2014

Earplugs helped me a lot when I first started trying to pop balloons. I would recommend starting by using something sharp to try to pop some slightly underinflated balloons (I taped a needle to a short stick to make the distance to the balloon longer when I popped it. Made it somewhat easier in a way). If you manage to pop one, keep trying to pop more, as often as possible so that you realize that maybe it isn't so scary after all.

Comment

• Tracy
                • May 2018

Originally posted by lyckr
                Earplugs helped me a lot when I first started trying to pop balloons. I would recommend starting by using something sharp to try to pop some slightly underinflated balloons (I taped a needle to a short stick to make the distance to the balloon longer when I popped it. Made it somewhat easier in a way). If you manage to pop one, keep trying to pop more, as often as possible so that you realize that maybe it isn't so scary after all.
                I never used a pin on a stick but otherwise this is 100% right advice. I definitely recommend earplugs the first few times. Also, I like having some music on. Lastly, try to find a room that is not too empty. A room without artwork, carpeting or furniture (like an empty garage) is going to make the pop sound much louder! On the other hand, putting a balloon on the couch in a living room will deaden the sound quite a lot.

The first one's the hardest. Make sure you have a decent number blown up before you start so that you can quickly move on to the next one. (I used to start with a few that were really underinflated, and then I would have others that were fuller and fuller until fully inflated... and just work my way up.) I promise you that it works!

Good luck Lots of us have been there.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍