Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBalloon
    • Oct 2017

Getting Others In On Balloons?

Has anyone ever thought about, or tried to get non looners in on interacting with balloons in any way?

Some months ago I had the idea of blowing up a bunch of balloons and, when they came round, asking the garbage men to take them down and burst them for me.

I just made up a story about having a party the day before and needed help with busting all the leftover balloons (and throwing in a small detail about not liking busting balloons myself if they ask why I can't(i don't actually but like watching others).

I've done it three times and it's worked perfectly. Was wondering if anyone else has done this and could share their stories, or would like to try it?

Has anyone ever thought about, or tried to get non looners in on interacting with balloons in any way?

Some months ago I had the idea of blowing up a bunch of balloons and, when they came round, asking the garbage men to take them down and burst them for me.

I just made up a story about having a party the day before and needed help with busting all the leftover balloons (and throwing in a small detail about not liking busting balloons myself if they ask why I can't(i don't actually but like watching others).

I've done it three times and it's worked perfectly. Was wondering if anyone else has done this and could share their stories, or would like to try it?

The first time:
    I asked one of the men, a middle aged black gentlemen, I only had one 17 inch tuf tex balloon at the time. I blew it up almost till it was pear shaped and asked him if he could burst it for me. He agreed and was happy to do it, so I grabbed the balloon and took it out to him. He grabbed it, wrapped his arms around it and squeezed it for a few seconds until bang! He burst out laughing when it busted and I thanked him.

The second time:
    Different garbage men this time. When they came to the street I approached the one getting all the bins. He was mid twenties and a bit chavy and overweight. I asked him if he could spare five minutes to help me. He said it was fine and asked me what I needed.

I told him that I had a party yesterday and that I had some balloons leftover that I wanted to get rid of, and asked him if he could come round the house and help me bust the balloons (I have a bunch of 18 inch balloons, though he didn't comment on the size of them sadly).

He was all smiles and said it was no problem, so when the truck came down the street closer to the house he came round. I invited him and and took him into the spare bedroom where all the balloons were. Had about 6 18 inch balloons blown big and tight. He went ahead and grabbed one of the balloons on the bed and squeezed it to busting right away, and started busting through the rest of them, laughing at each bang.

The third time:
    When they came round a few weeks later I went out with the bin. The same guy from last time came up to me and asked me if I had any more balloons for him to bust. I said yes and asked him if he could bust them, and he happily agreed and came round right away.

I took him into the spare bedroom where I had a bunch more 18 inchers blown up. He grabbed one of them and asked me why I don't just bust them myself, and I told him I'm not comfortable with busting balloons myself, and it's always easier if I have help to do it.

He said it was fine and started busting through the balloons like last time, smirking and smiling every time he busted one. I kept the biggest 18 incher and saved it until he was done busting the rest and asked him if we could burst it together. He laughed a bit and agreed and I asked him if we could squeeze bust it between us.

He came over and I put the balloon between us. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly and we squeezed it to busting after a few seconds.

After that he gave me a handshake and said any time I have balloons up I could just ask him and he would bust them for me no problem.

All three times were fantastic, though I regret not recording them, though I wasn't sure how to without him knowing.

I did ask my garderner if he could bust balloons for me a week after (told him the same thing), and he agreed and stomped on a bunch for me.

Anyone ever done something like this and have a story to share?
  • Slugamano
    • Jul 2016

Re: Getting Others In On Balloons?

A couple of years ago we had lunch in Edinburgh on the Royal Mile in the Filling Station with my wifey. We were in good mood because we drunk a bottle of vine, I woould say we were a bit tipsy. The waitresses gave helium-filled ballons to the children so I declared I was in my second childhood so I asked for a balloon for me and an other one for my wife. When we got it I asked the waitress how big those thing could be blown up. She said "Let's give it a try!" and put an other balloon to the tank a started to inflate it. It became bigger and bigger and finally it gave up with an enormous bang. After a second of silence everybody burst in laughter :-) It was great!...
    Last edited by Slugamano; 30-07-2018, 20:05.

Comment

• amac
      • Mar 2017

Sounds like fun sadly here in london we dont get to see the refuse people they dont come on to your property any more we have to leave the bins out on the road

Comment

• LoonerGeorge
        • Jul 2018

I haven't really asked anyone to do anything with balloons, but sometimes I pointed them to the right direction.

I was once with a colleague from my work at a club, were some balloons were floating around. At some point I kicked one in her direction, she tried to kick it back, but somehow managed to pop it with her thin stilletto sandals. After a while, when the next one was near our table, she didn't even try to kick it back, she just dug her heel into it until it popped. We didn't try to catch any other balloons, but nonetheless it was fun.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎