Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • softsquishyballoon
    • Feb 2020

Re: Why don't you pop 'loons?

I just recently realized how much I really like soft squishy balloons, when I found a balloon in the street as I was about to take a walk. I've had it for almost two weeks, now - and it's still in very good shape, albeit slightly under-inflated. I'm thinking it was originally filled with helium, as I read that helium-filled balloons last longer than air-filled balloons.

I've since purchased some cheap latex balloons from Walmart, and they don't quite have the same amount of softness. Maybe I have to wait a few weeks?

Anyway, I can't bear the thought of anything happening to the balloon that I rescued - even though I realize that all balloons have to go sooner or later.

So... non-popper here.

Comment

• BYGavia
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by softsquishyballoon
      I've since purchased some cheap latex balloons from Walmart, and they don't quite have the same amount of softness. Maybe I have to wait a few weeks?
      They’ll soften more quickly if you play with them or expose them to fresh air.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
        • Feb 2020

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
        They’ll soften more quickly if you play with them or expose them to fresh air.
        Thanks for the suggestions!!

Comment

• NEKOCC
          • Mar 2020

I always pay extra money to ask seller print pattern I provide on balloons, most of them are anime characters (no copyright, but not use these balloons to make money will not violate local laws). I imagine my balloons are my servants, I can play with them in different ways as I wish except pop them. Good masters should protect their servants.

Comment

• loonerlee
            • Dec 2018

Although I've the money to spend on the various shapes, sizes and brands I feel it to be a waste. I enjoy them for what they are and the fun/pleasure they bring so can't bring my self to pop them. But if there really old and well used I will pop them, but that it self is difficult for me to do as I dont like loud bangs/noises, so normally pop em when there under inflated.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
              • Jun 2020

For me popping big balloons are a waste. I get far more pleasure with the balloon.. I like the softening and different smell of used older latex. Oddly I enjoy watching women pop balloons.

Comment

• desertdude
                • Jul 2020

i just usually don't have enough balloons around to justify popping them, i don't buy them often so i try to make them last as long as possible

also i'm kinda phobic so i ALWAYS hesitate before popping

one day i would like to fill my room with balloons and go to town and hopefully get over my fear a little, but that is kinda unrealistic at the moment

Comment

• BYGavia
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by desertdude
                  one day i would like to fill my room with balloons and go to town and hopefully get over my fear a little, but that is kinda unrealistic at the moment
                  Me too for real

Comment

• Balloon&girls
                    • Oct 2013

For me, I feel popping balloons in purpose is "a very brave thing to do".

That's the reason why I get excited when I watch girls popping balloons fearlessly.

But as a metal popper, I tried several times to overcoming my phobia by popping small balloons by myself, but it did not bring any "comfortable tensions" I wanted. Maybe, I think, popping balloon by myself would destroy my warship for female balloon poppers.

If the fear go away, the warship go away, then the exitement would go away with them...
                    Last edited by Balloon&girls; 26-07-2020, 02:14. Reason: wrong spelling found

Comment

• MathLovingLooner
                      • Jan 2021

For me it's all about the look as well as the supply. I don't have too many balloons at home right now so I usually try not to pop them and savor them as much as I can. Also, balloons just look so good. Everything from the long neck to the big shiny bulb keeps me craving for more
                      I love math and I love LOONS!!!!

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
                        • Dec 2020

Yeah go for it , bursting balloons is great fun , once you start you’ll want to do it more n more

Comment

• frankfrank
                          Empathetic Harmonizer
                          • Feb 2018

Because popping doesn't do anything at all for me, and is entirely neutral, there's no inherent reason for me to pop balloons. It's as simple as that. Of course one will occasionally pop from the rough play that I give to it. Ho-hum, it's simply on to the next balloon.

Originally posted by sonarloon
                          Simple. Being blind, my ears have more focused ability. I can't confess to trying with ear plugs in, though. That, and the shreds. I'm always so nervous that if I inflate one, it will pop, and I won't be able to pick up the remains. That, and It's usually quite rare I can place orders around here.

I actually meant to quote the guy who said that it might be a lot of fun to play with balloons in the dark and experience that different and focused type of feeling, but just as well quoting yours, LOL.

Usually I ride my balloons in the light, on the sofa or on the bed, but my secondary preference, sometimes, is instead to put it down to interact with my crotch-to-dick, often under the covers. When I do that, I'm relying on touch only, and no vision.
                          People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• TheSensorKinkster
                            • Jan 2021

To me, the balloons themselves are the object of attraction and not so much what is done to them/happens to them. It's the same reason that videos of people popping/interacting with balloons doesn't do much for me - I'm not interacting with them firsthand.

In my brain, the pop = "fun's over!" because I can no longer touch or hear the loon.
                            Also, I'm not necessarily phobic of loud sounds, but they are jarring and do tend to ruin the mood for me. I feel like I have to "reset" myself when it happens.

Comment

• RainbowYarn
                              • Jan 2020

Many reasons. I love balloons, and want to see them being played with and protected, valued.

Comment

• Northstar
                                • Jul 2018

I only buy 24 inch and above and since they start to get expensive at this size, I want to have them last as long as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎