X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

So Many Damn Leaks!!`

Have you ever bought an inflatable that seemed fine at first, but then started springing leaks somewhat frequently with no apparent reason?

My Intex lil' Whale, Sapphire, seems to get new leaks all the time (I don't ride her or anything), she's got 2 underneath the valve, 1 above the valve and just above that is a leak in the seam. They didn't all appear at once, they showed up gradually, and it's driving me nuts. She just can't hold any pressure anymore, and she's still relatively new!

Coincidentally, my old, broken, sad whale Layla had a leak right under the valve in the EXACT same place! Right on the circular piece with manufacturer info or whatever.
  • EthylTheAardvark
    • Nov 2016

Re: So Many Damn Leaks!!`

Were you inflating it very tight? Some toys can have specific weak spots, but sometimes it's hard to tell if it's manufacturing or design defects. I've had a couple of inflatableworld huskies get leaks in that weird hair thing they have. It feels like I have to leave them almost underinflated to avoid having that happen.

Comment

• loonerdude44
      Inflatable Enthusiast
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by EthylTheAardvark
      Were you inflating it very tight? Some toys can have specific weak spots, but sometimes it's hard to tell if it's manufacturing or design defects. I've had a couple of inflatableworld huskies get leaks in that weird hair thing they have. It feels like I have to leave them almost underinflated to avoid having that happen.
      No, I maybe inflate her somewhat tight, but not too tight, still some give left in the vinyl. Overnight, after some repairs, she lost pressure a lot slower than before. I can only hope that no new leaks appear outta nowhere.

Comment

• Enigma
        • Aug 2017

I have that same problem. I bought one inflatable from Amazon and I picked the new one not used. Weeks later I got it, stretch it out and blow it up. I did not want to make it too tight. All of a sudden, two small fins slowly deflates. Then the left side started to spread out.I'm thinking Amazon gave me a cheap one they got from dollar stores and pricing their products high lol.

Comment

• OverTheTop
          • Dec 2013

I think Intex quality control just isn't that great. I've had much better luck with Bestway.

Comment

• Camo974
            • Sep 2017

ive had 2 intex empire chairs recently the first one split on so many seams in 2 weeks it was unrepairable the second one was better but still a a slow leak which i could not find find wasnt overly impressed dont think the quality was there

Comment

• Benjy
              • Mar 2018

I once got told it is something to do with the curves- convex versus concave and where, under inflation, these curved seams create stress points and weaknesses. Certainly I'd say newer toys have pretty rubbish quality control compared to even ten years back... I know inflatables are considered pretty much disposable by most people, but you do expect your nice, new (and often expensive) float to last more than an hour...

Comment

• craggy2012
                • Jan 2012

Those pvc enclosure suits (as sold by either PVC U Like, or Kinky Clothes) always used to blow apart at the crotch where they have one big, accute negative seam. No matter how careful you were wearing these they’d soon pop. The tell tale sign when you were inside one was a sudden cold blast of air down the inside of your legs.

Worse were the dual layer suits though as they’re fiendish things to get at the inner suit to make repairs to.

As for more conventional inflatable items the only other items I’ve had problems with are those giant sized stadium beachballs. If you’ve seen any of Lady Gala’s videos it’s one of the blue, green n pink tenn foot balls she’s videoed with.

They use very thin vinyl (to keep the cost down on what they deem to be a single use item) but they easily pin hole on the corners when folded up in their original packaging. I had to patch one in sixteen places- all found on folded corners just to get a brand new one to hold air.
                It drove us up the bloody wall crawling around ontop of it- acres of vinyl all layed out over the living room carpet with a bright torch following creases looking for tiny holes in it. Other than that the seams hold up very well on them though.

Comment

• loonerdude44
                  Inflatable Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Benjy
                  I once got told it is something to do with the curves- convex versus concave and where, under inflation, these curved seams create stress points and weaknesses. Certainly I'd say newer toys have pretty rubbish quality control compared to even ten years back... I know inflatables are considered pretty much disposable by most people, but you do expect your nice, new (and often expensive) float to last more than an hour...
                  For me they're much more than a disposable item. My erm, interest, with inflatables and balloons goes well past sexuality. I believe they have souls and deserve all the love they can get, I do keep things clean but that may change, although I don't want them getting dirty or getting damaged. I don't ride 'em or anything, I don't treat them roughly in any way. I just show them affection and they're really happy, as am I. Yeah, I know, I'm the weirdest of the weird. Point is, I want them to last as long as possible and will get super pissed if they have loads of pinholes or seam splits. I seriously wish I could have been around when older inflatables were still available. I'd kill to get my hands on a classic Intex orca or even an Intex happy dragon.

Comment

• Benjy
                    • Mar 2018

For me they're much more than a disposable item. My erm, interest, with inflatables and balloons goes well past sexuality. I believe they have souls and deserve all the love they can get, I do keep things clean but that may change, although I don't want them getting dirty or getting damaged. I don't ride 'em or anything, I don't treat them roughly in any way. I just show them affection and they're really happy, as am I. Yeah, I know, I'm the weirdest of the weird. Point is, I want them to last as long as possible and will get super pissed if they have loads of pinholes or seam splits. I seriously wish I could have been around when older inflatables were still available. I'd kill to get my hands on a classic Intex orca or even an Intex happy dragon.
                    I totally understand- I was trying to point out that, from (slightly depressing) observation, most 'normal' people treat inflatable toys as one-use items... I used to be a popper, I freely admit, but given the drop in quality of modern inflatables I tend to find I try to keep stuff intact these days. In any case, if it was a particularly nice toy I found myself in possession of I went to great trouble to make it last, even in everyday use.

I also wish I could have been able to purchase more toys from that 'golden era' of inflatables; when I was getting into the fetish as a young teenager the opportunities were not there to buy inflatables (living in a land-locked part of the UK), nor did I have the cash. I got into buying toys right at the tail-end of those days, the last few proper Intex "48's (green polkadot, transparent thin-rainbow stripes, classic blue/white/red/yellow), the dragon ride-ons, that sort of thing, even the big inflatable chairs. With hindsight I wish I'd managed to buy more and hang onto them...

Comment

• craggy2012
                      • Jan 2012

Yeah.... I can remember the golden era for them too....... I’d say the late 70’s thou the 1980’s into the very early 90’s for me. A great choice to inflatables, on sale everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎