X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SusieDK
    • Dec 2017

Re: Do you still have fear of popping?

Originally posted by Angstypopper
    Yes, I still do have a fear (or uncomfortable feeling) of popping balloons but the more balloons I actually pop the more comfortable I get doing it. Sometimes I am even able to do several BTPs in row (personal highlight for me). Another big factor is if I am truly alone and therefore unhindered.

The problem is the time I need to invest to get to a comfortable level. Since I am living in a multi-apartment building I simply cannot get back to a bearable level

Cheers
    I have experienced very much the same over the years, and it definitely took quite a some time for me as well. It is somehow about desensibilizing oneself really, and that is a slow process. However it can also be also quite an exciting and plesant one. I never lost the fear completely - well, maybe the really unpleasant fear, but some anxiety remains. Actually I think almost everybody will jump a little when a balloon pops, - at least 'inside', and blowing up a balloon until it pops and knowing how it will end will probably also make most people somewhat nervous during the inflation. At least this is how it works for me. The big difference from earlier is the way I interprete the anxiety. Earlier I felt it as fear and got scared, - now I feel it more like thrill, which is a highly pleasant feeling.

You have already come quite a long way as far as I can judge, and besides the first couple of blow to pops are by far the hardest. It is not really as scary as it seems when just thinking of it, but you have to try it to know this of course. Having already managed this you are close to 'tipping over' becoming thrilled instead of anxious I think.
    Now I don't know if you started out being really phobic, but if you did, you have definitely come a very long way and done an admirable job.

Don't expect to loose your fear BTW. It is quite enough to learn to control it, - besides who would want to loose the thrill?

Keep going with your practising and take your time and be patient - you will succeed at the end! Promise!

BTW - You don't have to pop the balloons every time - blowing them up really big so you start to feel the risk of popping (and maybe a few extra blows) will also help you along. If now and then a balloon should pop, - well, it is not so easy to exactly pinpoint where sounds come from, so the neighbours probably won't know for sure what and from where If it is only an occasional pop it is quite likely they won't pay much attention if any at all.
    However if you want to pop more balloons in succession you need to find a place where you can be alone without worrying about the neighbours.

I cross my fingers for you - and have fun

Sincerely
    Susie

Comment

• kballoonpopper
      • Jul 2018

When I was a child, I was also afraid, but I managed to overcome it even in childhood, more or less when I was about 5 years old, first I began to pin pop balloons, then I tried to step on them, and finally to sit to pop

After overcoming fear I loved sitting on the balloons, something I love to this day.

But the best experience came at age 14, when a friend and me burst more than 200 balloons after a party, I think I've been bursting about 50, mostly sitting on balloons, where I have a lot of fun.

It is possible to lose fear, just face it

Comment

• SuTeKh
        • Sep 2018

To be honest i still do kind of have the fear. But its not so much a fear as it is a severe dislike for the real loud sudden bang! If i expect the pop its not so bad but if its out of nowhere i jump thru my skin and the heart really races. I have no problem fully inflating balloons especially larger ones. Usually cover my ears when someone else is blowing one up though. I hope to one day get used to the pops enough to not bother me. Still always prefer to not pop my loons

Comment

• Bjorn
          Phobic non-popper
          • Oct 2018

I'm a phobic looner. I like to sit, lay and bounce a little on balloons, but I'm always afraid to the pop balloon.

I'm still looking for the best balloons for balloon bouncing without the fear of popping them. Okay, there is always a chance that they will pop while bouncing, but with strong balloons I will enjoy my ride much more.

I like the feeling of the balloon to my skin and under my ass so much that I will take a little a little risk of popping. It's that adrenalin kick that make me doing it.

At the moment I try out the Belbal 14 inch and Qualatex 16 inch. They are so large and beautiful. It's feels exciting to sit on them and bounce a little.

Comment

• b loony
            • Oct 2018

the fear of the pop is the excitement .not knowing how much it can take or how big it will get

Comment

• nena
              • Oct 2021

Actually i love my fear! I only wish i can manage it little bit. I don't want to cover my ears anymore or run away from group risky situations. It's so thrilling seeing someone about to pop balloons and teasing others. I want to be also initiator of bursting at parties but for now i am way to much scared. To sum up i want to decrease my fear but never to completely lose it because it's exciting.

Comment

• nena
                • Oct 2021

Originally posted by wildheart
                I find you have to keep popping otherwise the fear comes back. Have you tried popping plastic bags to start? Not that loud but you get used to popping. After that move to latex gloves and balloons filled with water.
                I was always very scared of gloves. My mum was nurse so we had some at home. They always seemed to me so big and i always thought they are really loud but i think i actually never heard their pop. For some reason i always thought they are louder than balloons.

Comment

• wildheart
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by nena
                  I was always very scared of gloves. My mum was nurse so we had some at home. They always seemed to me so big and i always thought they are really loud but i think i actually never heard their pop. For some reason i always thought they are louder than balloons.
                  Gloves are nowhere near as loud as balloons. Haven't popped one in a while but it's not bad at all. I'd still recommend ear protection if you're popping a lot, but there's not much force behind it.
                  How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                  My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Mutaloon
                    • Nov 2018

I still somewhat have a fear of balloons popping. The first balloon is usually what gets me and if I do multiple pops afterwards, it no longer scares me. Ironically, it's not the balloon popping on me that scares me, it's the noise that gets me. Sometimes though, my fear reignites as the balloon goes beyond it's size and I anticipate a bigger bang than usual.

Comment

• Majorklownin
                      • Nov 2021

I’m not necessarily afraid of popping, more so the effects of the bang. For example like a B2P, can be very fun and exciting but I don’t want to get hit in the face with a shard, or dealing with the excessive ringing noise after the burst has happen. Personally would do more B2P only with the proper eye and ear protection.

Comment

• PomeranianLooner
                        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Linda
                        Actually, my relationship with the fetish is kinda weird. Although I do define myself as a "popper" I can't actually pop balloons... Popping is indeed what fascinates me. Popping is why I'm into balloons. But I'm too afraid to do so...
                        Same here, I have a fear for being near slightest risk of balloon popping as far as I can remember. On the other hand, all interest in balloons is about bursting (not sure, but more and less since I was 12). In fact, that something so light and fragile can grow so much, being more tense, more tight, rock-hard, and then release all accumulated energy in a such spectacular way. The problem is, I can't bring myself to blow a balloon until it burst. Usually I pop when neck is more or less fully inflated, even if I know for YT videos that after inflating the neck, both neck and buld would still go much bigger. Sometimes I can manage to draw boxcutter and burst the balloon as is. I also found it's a little easier to put a balloon on a footpump and bounce on it in continuous matter just watching the balloon grow bigger until it's done. Not sure why it works better, maybe because of difference in perceived danger, maybe because I tend to evaluate the situation after each breath. Unfortunately, despite knowing that I usually naively think this time I'll do it, start with B2P and come back home without a single bang The other thing stopping me is risk of getting caught. I just cannot imagine a 30y.o. guy hidden blowing balloon to burst wearing googles and earmuffs to look innocent...

Comment

• AJK64
                          • Jun 2018

The weirdest thing is, I was never scared of balloons when I was younger. I used to love bursting balloons at parties. As I got older I discovered that balloons also turned me on. I rarely purposefully burst them myself as part of my fetish though. I prefer to see another man do the bursting. But I've found lately that if I do try to burst them during my fetish play on my own, I get apprehensive. It's so strange. It's almost like I feel protective over them, but it's also like I'm scared to burst them. When I'm with my bf or another man though, I love joining in helping him burst loads. And if balloons are in non fetish situations like at a party or something, i still really enjoy busting them.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎