Discord! Yet another means of communication!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • undecidedguy
    • Nov 2018

Discord! Yet another means of communication!

Everyone!

I am willing to make a Discord group for anyone interested as just another way for more of us to stay in contact! For those who don't know what Discord is, it's a free computer program with accompanying mobile app with messaging, voice, video, and picture and file sharing!

If anyone is interested in a group, or would like to message me on there, feel free to contact me, my username is faceguy#8986
  • LoonerHans
    • Oct 2018

Re: Discord! Yet another means of communication!

Hi there! How many looners have joined this group? And is it alive and kicking?
    NECKING IS AWESOME!

Comment

• MikeTheBouncer
      POP-O-RAMA!
      • Feb 2016

Re: Discord! Yet another means of communication!

It is my opinion that social media has negatively effected our community.

Twenty years ago, we only had the Buddylist, #balloons on IRC, and Champagne & Balloons forum. Now we have dozens of platforms to join and "hang out" on and we are spread very very thin.

The moderator of the Buddylist once stated that they have over two thousand active emails at any given time. But how many of those two thousand actually participate in conversations on that email list?

I am glad there are actually so many choices for us now even though we don't "congregate" the same way we used to back in the old days. This forum is as good as any to hang out on and that is a good thing!

Has this community transformed into mostly lurkers? What percentage actually engages in conversation and posts?

Thanks for creating a Discord for us!
      Mike The Bouncer

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡