Old 15-11-2016, 03:41 PM

Claire123 is on a distinguished road
Default Many other female looners?
So I am female, and always seem to be greatly outnumbered on these types of sites by males ...

Are there really far less of us about, or is it just that women don't generally like posting about it online (I've been ok so far, no bad experiences, but certainly know it can be a bit of a minefield being female and posting on the internet, especially with regard to fetishes and I had to come off of Fetlife previously just because the number of messages I was getting was just overwhelming and off putting)

So are there really less of us, or do we just post less?
Old 15-11-2016, 06:28 PM

wildheart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Many other female looners?
I guess it's hard to tell. If female looners don't post as much there's no real way of knowing. If you look at the stats on this forum there's always lots of guests. It seems like almost 90% of looners don't post anything. It certainly looks like there's a much higher ratio of males to females but it's possible that's not the case. Some people may not even know there's a community out there. Most of us thought we were alone until we discovered this place.
Old 15-11-2016, 08:17 PM

blnppr is on a distinguished road
I've dated a woman with a balloon fetish, so I know they're out there. Sadly, I think most women that have had the guts to join a board and chat have been scared off by the men that are idiots and too aggressive. I don't get why men act that way.
Old 16-11-2016, 12:39 AM

Pink Balloon is on a distinguished road
I'm into feminization if it counts for anything...

Probably not, but just thought I'd throw it out.
Old 16-11-2016, 07:10 AM

perchedontheloon is on a distinguished road
There are a couple of things at play when asking this question, I come from a data and analytics background so I'll try to keep it readable

The 1% rule and the 90-9-1 rule are actively at play. The 1% rule states that of 100 users, only 1 will create content. The 90-9-1 rule states that per 100 users, 1 will create content, 9 will contribute, and 90 will lurk. This applies to just about every discussion forum out there.

So, using those rules suppose there are 100 women who are looners in the world. Only 10 (ish) are going to be creating or contributing content (posts, stories, pics, etc) while the other 90 are going to lurk.

Also, Internet forum users typically favor men. A poll by the Pew research center found that it was a 20:11 ratio. So any discussion forum will typically have more males as users. So assuming that all of this is true and knowing that there are 1051 members on this site, you can do the math and find that there are approx. 350 females on this site. From there, applying the 90-9-1 rule...about 3 women will create content on here and another 30 will contribute.

Again, those are for typical discussion forums. For a fetish centric forum, I would hedge my bet that there would be an even higher concentration of males which would further reduce the numbers.

Lastly, this does not mean anyone should be trolling through the member list looking for a female sounding screen name. I'll also add that I personally think there are many female looners out there and that many look at posts here but do not want to post or simply do not feel the need to post. Hope that paints an accurate picture of why women posting on here is more rare.
Old 16-11-2016, 08:24 PM

SRob is on a distinguished road
I've always assumed most of the female profiles belong to men trying to bait women, and most of the females were using male profiles to avoid being targeted.
Old 18-11-2016, 12:50 PM

marja is on a distinguished road
I don't think there is a large difference in the real number of female and male looners.

There are differences.
Men are more open about their sexual preferences and are usually dominant. Both makes it look like that are more male looners.

I can partly agree on the (mis)behavior of some looners towards females, which makes it harder for (some of) us to speak out. This reduces the visible number of female looners.

The only (real) subset of looners where I can imaging why there could be more male looners are the (former) phobic looners. Being phobic for balloon popping is socially not really accepted for men, but for women it is considered "cute". So (phobic) men are more likely to "practice" with balloons to overcome their fear. And when they do that, there is a chance they get a fetish from that.

That's my opinion.
Old 18-11-2016, 12:55 PM

lilolover82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Claire123 View Post
So I am female, and always seem to be greatly outnumbered on these types of sites by males ...
The thing is while there a very few female looners responding, I'd also enjoy talking to more female inflatable lovers. So far there are very few of either.
Old 19-11-2016, 11:45 PM
Inflater of Dolls

Banzure is on a distinguished road
I've chatted to more than a handful of very pleasant women over the years, that shared the fetish for inflatables in some kind or another, and yeah, it's been my experience too that either they had interactions that made them rethink openly talking about their gender, or even talking about it at all. Makes sense though, I've run into my fair share of creeps as well, don't suppose there's much that can be done about people like that, creepers gonna creep and whatnot.

But yeah, do wish more were open about it, or at least that they didn't have to go though the experience of being scared away. I much prefer discussing my fetish with women, for various reasons, not about to force my fetish unto anyone else.
Old 20-11-2016, 03:36 AM

blnppr is on a distinguished road
I agree with Banzure. I'm happily married and not looking for anything other than good conversation.