Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubberrafter
    • Jul 2012

Re: Favourite inflatables

Nice big inflatable boats are my niche. They can be rubber or pvc. I have to say as much as I like rubber boats, it is hard to beat a Sevylor boat that has been sitting in the sun getting all soft and bouncy.

I also like white water rafts and life rafts. I guess I must be some kind of nut .

Comment

• xpop42
      • Dec 2012

My favorite shapes to play on are 2-person PVC pool boats and big 6-foot Shamu whales. I'll also happily play on a big at swim tube, those work too

I'm also very partial to whatever material Intex uses. I have no idea what recipe they use for their toys, but it feels wonderful. Sevylor is a good second place, but their seams are very weak...at least for the type of play that I enjoy.

Comment

• Vicci
        Blown to bits
        • Oct 2009

That's interesting that you mention the different brands, in the UK I prefer bestway rather than intex - intex is quite thick and stiff with not a lot of stretch so you get unpredictable pops, whereas bestway is softer and stretchy so you can over-inflate things a long way
        Vicci x

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
          PVC Fetish
          • Jan 2013

I like large inflatables made from soft, smooth, glossy/shiny opaque or transparent PVC. My inflatable collection ranges from PVC inflatable sofas, pool lilos, clear PVC water-walking/dance balls, large shiny vinyl beach balls and a red PVC inflatable Cupid's Love Pod. I'm not so keen on animal inflatables, however.

inflatable water walking ball WB03 - Bouncia Products Made In China, China Manufacturer. Material: 0.8mm thick PVC material Zipper: TIZIP zipper made in Germany Inflated product dimensions: 2m (6.6ft) diameter Package weight: 14kgs Package dimensions: 45cm*33cm*34cm (17.7"*13"*13.4") Maximum players: 2 persons Other product dimensions: 1.5m diameter or 1.6m diameter for kids Application locations:
          Last edited by PVC Vinyl Enthusiast; 23-01-2013, 18:02.
          Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
            PVC Fetish
            • Jan 2013

"Sadly alot of inflates these days are now being made from poorer quality vinyl and there getting much smaller too".

Do you think that this might have anything to do with EU phthalate PVC plasticizer regulations? Much to my disappointment, I have noticed that many inflatables these days are made from a poorer quality PVC that is not as soft as what it used to be. Trouble is, inflatables made from this stiffer PVC are prone to rupturing- especially at cool temperatures. I wonder if the manufacturers will find an effective phthalate substitute? I doubt that the banned phthalate plasticizers are as harmful as they're hyped up to be.
            Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
              PVC Fetish
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Vicci
              That's interesting that you mention the different brands, in the UK I prefer bestway rather than intex - intex is quite thick and stiff with not a lot of stretch so you get unpredictable pops, whereas bestway is softer and stretchy so you can over-inflate things a long way
              Vicci,

Have you noticed that the PVC used in vinyl inflatables is not as soft as what it used to be a couple of years ago? They contain a new phthalate plasticizer substitute that's nowhere near as effective as the banned phthalate plasticizers. I have been in physical contact with vinyl inflatables for years without any ill-effect from the supposedly 'harmful' phthalate plasticizers. The phthalates are nowhere near as harmful as they're hyped up to be by the media.

Comment

• craggy2012
                • Jan 2012

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly, the new EU 'compliant' plasticizers make vinyl tougher, less pilable.
                It doesn't help matters with China churning out poor quality vinyl for the toy manufacturers either. You can still get lovely soft, stretchy glossy vinyl (used for fetishwear)- but it costs a fortune per roll so alot of toy manufacturers are going for the horrible cheaper stuff purely on cost grounds.
                As for the Intex, verses bestway debate- all my Intex 48inch beach balls dateback to the early 1990's- so they're full of lurvly phthalates, lead, cadmium ect and the ones I've still to open and use, are still wonderfully soft and pliable even after twenty odd years of storage.

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
                  PVC Fetish
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by craggy2012
                  Yeah I agree wholeheartedly, the new EU 'compliant' plasticizers make vinyl tougher, less pilable.
                  It doesn't help matters with China churning out poor quality vinyl for the toy manufacturers either. You can still get lovely soft, stretchy glossy vinyl (used for fetishwear)- but it costs a fortune per roll so alot of toy manufacturers are going for the horrible cheaper stuff purely on cost grounds.
                  As for the Intex, verses bestway debate- all my Intex 48inch beach balls dateback to the early 1990's- so they're full of lurvly phthalates, lead, cadmium ect and the ones I've still to open and use, are still wonderfully soft and pliable even after twenty odd years of storage.
                  Hi Cragsta,

Have you bought any inflatables from Bubble Inflatables/Cool Inflatables based in the US? Their inflatable sofas (couches) are made from fantastically soft, glossy transparent PVC. I do'nt think that China-made inflatables for the American consumer market are subjected to phthalate regulations.

Comment

• Vicci
                    Blown to bits
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by craggy2012
                    Ah that could be it - the bestway ones I have are a good few years old, whereas the intex ones are new. When you unfold the new ones it sounds like they're made from paper. I had one of the new 48" balls burst on me when I was blowing it up last week, tore straight down the seam - seems welding isn't as good as it used to be either.
                    Vicci x

Comment

• craggy2012
                      • Jan 2012

@ PVC Vinyl Enthusiast,

No I've not ordered inflates from the US but will take a look at the 'Bubble' site though as I'm currently looking for a couple of those 60's style 'chunky looking' inflatable chairs.
                      For large sized beach balls I tend to buy from IW nowerdays as I've found these are very good, quality made items. The 168inch balls are lovely and soft gloss vinyl.

Comment

• inflatable.vixen
                        Fetish Enthusiast(:
                        • Feb 2013

I recently got an inflatable chair from Bubble Inflatables as a Christmas gift for someone (non fetish related this time.) The material was so soft, and I was really surprised at how big the chair alone got. I haven't seen it since the initial inflation, but it was nice.

We haven't really expanded past some cheapy storebought inflatables though. Budgetting and all that. =P My favorite inflatable though is our swimline seadragon. Looks like this guy.

(That one isn't ours).

He's just nice for innocent playtime, lounging, and affection though. :3

Hoping to move onto some prettier and longer lasting ones soon.
                        Gimme a call - <a href="https://www.niteflirt.com/listings/show/10698103-Discount-Calls-on-this-Newbie-Girl-">Niteflirt</a> <BR>
                        <a href="https://fetlife.com/users/2408990">Fetlife</a> | <a href="http://cynnacyberz.tumblr.com/">Tumblr</a>

Comment

• Banzure
                          Inflater of Dolls
                          • Feb 2013

The Puffypaws Vixen is rather... interesting Though I'm mostly into the fantasy of living inflatable girls.
                          Bigger is good, but burst is better!

Comment

• PlugsuitNerd
                            • Mar 2013

i really like beach balls but what i prefer most are ride on whales more particurely the blue ones i adore their kawai eyes when i deflate them

Comment

• inflatable.vixen
                              Fetish Enthusiast(:
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by PlugsuitNerd
                              i really like beach balls but what i prefer most are ride on whales more particurely the blue ones i adore their kawai eyes when i deflate them

Have you ever had one of these types? I had a seahorse one like this, but it was so cute I couldn't do anything dirty to it (didnt stop my boyfriend). And it's just so coool looookiiiiiing.

And I have one whale, but I don't like it because of how the tail curves up. It's annoying... I need to find a better one. I have this model..

Cheap walmart ones. I bought them out at the end of summer since the prices were being knocked down. I should have tried to buy the display ones or see if they'd give them free. Wasn't thinking! Dx
                              Gimme a call - <a href="https://www.niteflirt.com/listings/show/10698103-Discount-Calls-on-this-Newbie-Girl-">Niteflirt</a> <BR>
                              <a href="https://fetlife.com/users/2408990">Fetlife</a> | <a href="http://cynnacyberz.tumblr.com/">Tumblr</a>

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
                                PVC Fetish
                                • Jan 2013

Has anyone tried see-through (transparent) glossy PVC inflatable sofas and those transparent inflatable PVC bubble backpacks? I'm a 'non-popper' who has a fetish for PVC inflatables and PVC rainwear. I like the tactile and sensual qualities of transparent soft and heavily plasticised PVC with a shiny/glossy finish. Does anyone, apart from myself, love the noise made by a new glossy or transparent PVC inflatable when it is taken out of its packaging and unfolded for the very first time? The strong aroma of a new PVC inflatable or raincoat is wonderful!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎