Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jkloon
    • Aug 2013

Finding Leaks?

For those of you who like to repair your toys, how do you find leaks? I use a spray bottle with some water in it and look for bubbles, but I'm hoping there's a better way. Any ideas?
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: Finding Leaks?

Nope..... What you've stated is about the best method going.... Just spray along each seam n look for signs of bubbles

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

As my name suggests. ..I'm all about the bubbles ;-) but yes back before when I used to take bubble baths when younger I used to bring my leaky beach balls in with me & would pin point leaks that way by watching the bubbles bubbling up or out into the water...

Comment

• Jkloon
        • Aug 2013

That's not a bad idea, the only problem I find with that is bigger toys that don't quite fit... Maybe in the pool?

Comment

• craggy2012
          • Jan 2012

But I'm into 'big' inflatables..... You can't bring a ten foot semi inflated ball into the bath or shower with you.. There's hundreds of acres of seams to check on these things believe me lol! ��

Comment

• OverTheTop
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by craggy2012
            But I'm into 'big' inflatables..... You can't bring a ten foot semi inflated ball into the bath or shower with you.. There's hundreds of acres of seams to check on these things believe me lol! ��
            If you have a backyard and a hose you can also try filling the inflatable itself with water, at least partially. It can be tricky to get all the water back out though...

Comment

• Jkloon
              • Aug 2013

Plus, if you've got a leak on a seam and fill it with water the extra pressure from the weight of the water could cause the seam to tear right open (like how a water balloon pops when it's dropped but an air filled balloon doesn't)

Comment

• Jkloon
                • Aug 2013

One thing I've started doing as a last resort is what I call the stress test. Blow as much air into the inflatable as you can and wait for something to give. If nothing does, start checking every old repair one more time and making sure you didn't miss any holes that aren't on the seam. If something does give, patch it and start over to look for the next leak (if it leaks)

Comment

• lilolover82
                  • Mar 2014

Leaky inflatables tend to be readily available to me during the summer. Finding leaks for me tends to be putting an ear close and listening for air rushing out.
                  Washington State, United States

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍