• Jan 2016

Re: Balloons that you want but can't have

Wow ,those are some beautiful balloons, and soooo tight
    The bigger the better

Comment

• Seidenki
      • Dec 2016

Someone mentioned CTI punchballs... I remember when punchball balloons first appeared on general sale. They were much thicker than the ones you find now and had a knobble on the end for the elastic, not a loop. It was also possible to roll the neck up and push it into the balloon and it would stay for ages. Most of the current ones, it pops out again too easily.

Comment

• frankfrank
        Empathetic Harmonizer
        • Feb 2018

What years are you talking about, for the "first" punchballs? I remember first seeing them in the late 1960s, and they were indeed much thicker. Quite thick, in fast...but NOT at all durable. I remember they would pop far too easily, wouldn't support my weight, and if they had previously been inflated once or twice they might actually pop before being fully inflated again. They also didn't age well; the rubber became almost brittle, and the rubber tended to lose its integrity along the fluted ridges that pointed outward.

I will say this: Walmart's site, at least recently, let me order some yellow 16-inch "Despicable Me" Minion punchballs, and I ordered enough of them that they allowed delivery to my local Walmart for pickup.

These are the strongest and most durable punchballs I have ever found!! No issue whatsoever taking my full bouncing weight.
        People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• Seidenki
          • Dec 2016

Good point about "first". I meant mid to late 80s here in Australia when they first appeared in novelty stores.

Comment

• Dude1234
            • Sep 2017

I'm guessing nobody is going to read this as this is old but as this is my most viewed thread at nearly 1200 views I should update it. Either today or next week I will be getting the balloons I want but couldnt have. I can't wait for the frozen balloons to arrive. I thought I should write this because I am getting the very things that started the thread my dream balloons. This thread makes me feel good about the fact nearly 1200 human beings read my post I have no confidence so it feels great that that many people read what I wrote. Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread and making me feel slightly better about myself

Comment

• Dude1234
              • Sep 2017

Omg the first pack arrived I can't play with them yet but feel amazing it is just as amazing it I dreamt it would be

Comment

• Fred
                Happy looner
                • Jul 2018

I would love some gl1200 and a couple climb in balloons that would be heaven for me

Comment

• Dude1234
                  • Sep 2017

If I had a way of covering it while looking to make sure nobody knows I would love to try a gl1200 and lie on it and climb in ones must be heaven

Comment

• Fred
                    Happy looner
                    • Jul 2018

Balloons in general I live with my parents and they don't know

Comment

• Dude1234
                      • Sep 2017

Do you have any at all feel free to pm me if you want some tips on looning when your parents are in the house or just some one to vent frustrations with I just got a risky new delivery of my dream balloons again and everybody is in the house

Comment

• DoctorBalloon
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
                        I don't buy loons that often because I don't play often (few opportunities) and don't pop often. I usually get them from target or occasionally walmart because both have self checkout and I don't have to deal with cashiers. However I really want to buy some unique 12" balloons (that looks like this) but the only place I know of for sure that stocks them is a party store which I'm much more embarrassed to go to, especially since it has regular cashiers. One of these days I'm just going to steel myself and just do it.
                        Michaels.com

Comment

• DoctorBalloon
                          • Jan 2019

You can buy Cattex on ebay - they might be listed as CatTex or Rifco on ebay and use PayPal or send buyer a Momey Order in mail

Just go on ebay and type Cattex Balloon or Rifco Balloon - don’t type details

Scroll through results they will be there under buy it now

Comment

• frankfrank
                            Empathetic Harmonizer
                            • Feb 2018

Reading between the lines in the b0f0s0f post, I'm thinking that he needs to find in a store, and perhaps his mail all comes to a place where he can't be entirely discreet ordering balloons. (He has few opportunities to play, which implies this.) He wasn't asking about online buying sources, but if that works for him it's good to see that a website has been mentioned.

That said, I find it an embarrassment of riches about WHAT is currently available from stores, there is so much more available now than when I was coming of age around fifty years ago. At that time, the idea of finding a balloon that I could actually ride without an "accident" was simply unthinkable, and even the punchballs entirely sucked in those days.

It may just be that I wasn't around the "right kind" of balloons back in the day, but that was my experience. Fifty years ago, I couldn't even imagine finding a beach ball that I could ride without popping, and those have certainly come a long way as seam technology has improved so greatly.

I'm fine buying through a real cashier (even if I'm buying nothing but four 4-packs of the 24 inch balloons at Party City); I just do the same thing as if I was buying milk and eggs at Safeway or something. Once I was asked in a balloon store in Albuquerque why I wanted the balloons and, entirely ad-libbed without missing a beat, I said something like "I think these are what Steve wanted me to pick up for the short film we're making."
                            Last edited by frankfrank; 29-01-2019, 07:29.
                            People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• Yen_D_Heart
                              • Jan 2019

I bought balloons in stores before, I was soo afraid at first as well... but then again I remember that these people see hundreds of people every week. Ask yourself, "is it realistic that they remember and think about me because I bought balloons in a party store?" This helped me overcome the shame. And IF they ask? Birthday party, Wedding, whatever. You want eye catchers or something fun. Balloons are super innocent to 99% of the population. I think looners don't exist for the most people. Also, some Looner online stores take pride in being discreet, like balloons-united or loonerworld. Say you ordered a scarf, IF they see the package. Good luck! <3

Comment

• Rockman
                                • Jan 2019

Soft clear ones... I want them so badly but i cant find them.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎