X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casey88
    lukmanrewa
    • Jun 2012

Hotel balloons

Any one has ever requested their hotel room to be filled with balloons ? Will it be weird if I ask them to do so for reason such as birthday/celebrating a special occasion ?
  • BusterBill
    Founder, Balloon Buddies
    • Nov 2016

Re: Hotel balloons

It sounds like a really weird request to make unless you're enormously wealthy and you've hired the Executive Suite out and ordered champagne, strawberries, chocolates, a full bar and a balloon filled room. If you're wealthy, such a request is simply eccentric. Otherwise, it's weird

Comment

• Pink Balloon
      • Oct 2016

Let us know if it works.

Maybe just ask for some on the pillow instead of a mint?

I love ad balloons.

Comment

• Casey88
        lukmanrewa
        • Jun 2012

I'm sure plenty has popped balloons during their stay in hotel rooms, any noise complaints ?

Comment

• MikeTheBouncer
          POP-O-RAMA!
          • Feb 2016

Greetings!

I have had personal experience with this!

First of all, one very important issue when having balloons or other loud noise-making things in your hotel room... What time is it?

If you come back to your room after you were out partying/dining/bar-hopping/clubbing at THREE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING to start your popping, motorized inflation, squeaking session... to quote Rick and Morty... "In bird culture, we call this a dick move."

Please, please, please be respectful of neighboring rooms and the rooms across the hall. If you have your balloon party in the early check-in hours around 11:00 am/noon, when the housekeepers are still making their rounds, this would be a much more appropriate time. You would also be less likely to receive a call from the concierge/front desk clerk or even hotel security or even pounding on the door from angry guests!

I have had "balloon time" in both lower-end motels as well as higher-end hotels. I never did any popping or pump inflation in the wee hours of the morning out of respect for others that may be sleeping.

One time I was staying in an "economy" motel in Southern California right off a busy freeway. I decided to "test" the acoustics early one afternoon. So I attached a Tuf-Tex 24 to my Intex pump with some electrical tape, plugged it in to a remote on-off switch, and "went out for some ice" and waited.... and waited... and waited... and BOOM!!!! Whoa, that was loud! Even down the corridor and in the vending machine/ice machine vestibule. It was very a notice-able noise even right next to a busy freeway.

Some higher-priced hotels/resorts probably have better insulation and sound-dampening materials in the walls than the economy motor-lodges. So your results may vary.

One other piece of advice, don't leave your confetti of balloon pieces/shards all over the room. The housekeepers are usually on a tight cleaning schedule and those teeny-tiny pieces are very hard to pick up. Be a good steward and clean up your mess and if you can't get every little shard, leave a nice tip on the table. Perhaps even a nice note with an apology for making their cleaning of your room more challenging.

Another thing if you have doubts is to be brutally honest with the front desk / receptionist. Tell them in advance that you are planning a "swank balloon party" in your room in the early afternoon after check-in and if there happens to be some "strange noises" that they will at least know what to expect. This too may have mixed results.

We all have heard and read stories of the shenanigans that go on in the hotel industry. Set a good example and don't become one of "those stories" we roll our eyes to!

Just my humble opinion.
          Thanks for a great topic!

MikeTheBouncer
          Last edited by MikeTheBouncer; 12-02-2019, 01:30.

Comment

• LuciferLooner

Never had any problems with balloons in a hotel and ive been to a tonne with the misses, just try not to pop them at night.

Comment

• PBK
              • Mar 2019

I do the opposite. We LEAVE balloons behind.
              Anytime we stay in a hotel I get my wife to blow up a bunch of balloons for me. We just leave them.
              We left a dozen or so overinflated WalMart 17's in our room when we checked out at one of the Disney resorts in Florida.
              I like leaving Party City or Tuf-Tex 24's behind. Just to imagine what the reaction is by the cleaning staff to such a large balloon.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                Banned
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by PBK
                I do the opposite. We LEAVE balloons behind. [snip] Just to imagine what the reaction is by the cleaning staff to such a large balloon.
                This is just wrong, and wasteful!

1) Most cleaners may find them, and might be surprised to see your large balloons behind, but they probably go straight in their bins.

2) Whether it be cash, credit cards, balloons, sweets or anything else, if caught with something that isn't theirs, and was found in a room of a hotel, the staff will likely be caught, and fired (or at the minimum, given a warning for theft).

Remember, most cleaners will have seen everything, and then some, left behind in hotel rooms, from sex toys to the weirdest of underwear of all genders, sizes and persuasions.

I know I'm going to sound like an old fart, but you're just wasting your time, and balloons, leaving them behind. The staff won't really care, and even if they did, they can't take them, in case they get caught. You may say "But it's only a balloon", but the hotel management won't see it like that. They'll see it as staff taking something you may have NOT intended to leave behind, and assume that the housekeeper is committing a sackable offence.

Ultimately, folks (especially you gents), you're just leaving stuff behind that creates hassle for the staff. Please don't do this kind of thing!

I can't believe there's been two threads today, where this whole scenario of "I wonder what might happen if I leave this balloon behind" has been posted.

This kind of quasi-voyeuristic behaviour, is predatory, futile, and just makes you look a bit of perve to the people who have to deal with this. They really don't need you coming-up with new ways to make them do more work, or help annoy them. If you want to leave them a balloon, find the cleaning staff, and offer them a balloon as a gift, and give it to them directly. Don't be a wuss, otherwise you're acting more akin to a seedy sex offender, than anything else, and your behaviour looks bad on all men.

Seriously gents, please don't do this!

Comment

• PBK
                  • Mar 2019

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
                  This is just wrong, and wasteful!

1) Most cleaners may find them, and might be surprised to see your large balloons behind, but they probably go straight in their bins.

2) Whether it be cash, credit cards, balloons, sweets or anything else, if caught with something that isn't theirs, and was found in a room of a hotel, the staff will likely be caught, and fired (or at the minimum, given a warning for theft).

Remember, most cleaners will have seen everything, and then some, left behind in hotel rooms, from sex toys to the weirdest of underwear of all genders, sizes and persuasions.

I know I'm going to sound like an old fart, but you're just wasting your time, and balloons, leaving them behind. The staff won't really care, and even if they did, they can't take them, in case they get caught. You may say "But it's only a balloon", but the hotel management won't see it like that. They'll see it as staff taking something you may have NOT intended to leave behind, and assume that the housekeeper is committing a sackable offence.

Ultimately, folks (especially you gents), you're just leaving stuff behind that creates hassle for the staff. Please don't do this kind of thing!

I can't believe there's been two threads today, where this whole scenario of "I wonder what might happen if I leave this balloon behind" has been posted.

This kind of quasi-voyeuristic behaviour, is predatory, futile, and just makes you look a bit of perve to the people who have to deal with this. They really don't need you coming-up with new ways to make them do more work, or help annoy them. If you want to leave them a balloon, find the cleaning staff, and offer them a balloon as a gift, and give it to them directly. Don't be a wuss, otherwise you're acting more akin to a seedy sex offender, than anything else, and your behaviour looks bad on all men.

Seriously gents, please don't do this!
                  You have your opinion, and I respect it.
                  That being said I don't think name calling and character assassination is appropriate, either.

Think about it. You said it yourself: People leave a lot worse for the cleaners than a couple of balloons. Cleaners find strange sex toys, fecal matter, every bodily fluid you can think of, drugs, hazardous chemicals, needles, weapons, explosives, body parts and dead bodies in rooms. I hardly think a few balloons is a hardship. You are over-thinking this, my friend, and letting emotion cloud logic. It's nothing for the cleaners to simply cut the knot and deflate the balloon if they don't want it or have someone to give it to. As far as giving it to them in person, usually when we check out it's first thing in the morning and we have somewhere to be. I'm not waiting around all day for the cleaners to come by just to say "here you go! Cheers from Room 213!". Usually when we have our own balloon fun I have nothing to quietly deflate the balloons with and I'm not popping them at 7 in the morning when other guests are trying to sleep. I'm a non-popper anyway, for the most part.

Normally I agree with most of the stuff you post. Your posts are usually well thought out but this time you really need to step back, take a deep breath, and think before you post.

It's not like asking children to play with balloons while one secretly gets his jollies or, as someone suggested in a post long ago, asking a person of your preferred gender to blow up balloons using "tips or tricks" making them think it's for one thing while it's really for one's secret enjoyment. It's leaving something innocuous behind in a room.

I've got pretty thick skin, having worked side by side with your BAF and SAS boys in The Sandbox, but I'm not going to take getting attacked by a keyboard warrior making an irrational emotional response.
                  If you or anyone else wants to discuss this further RATIONALLY without the personal attacks or name calling, please feel free to PM me.
                  Otherwise let's get back to looning. What we love to do!

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by PBK
                    You have your opinion, and I respect it.
                    That being said I don't think name calling and character assassination is appropriate, either.
                    Thank You, for the first statement. I see what you mean, but to be fair, I'm calling-out the behaviour, and the people doing it, rather than character assassination.

Originally posted by PBK
                    You said it yourself: People leave a lot worse for the cleaners than a couple of balloons.
                    But none of them, make it right, or acceptable, or justifiable. No one should have to do that kind of discovery, short of the FBI, Bomb Disposal teams, the Police/Detectives, and/or maybe Accident Clean-Up Crews! I don't think it's fair that low-paid, minimum wage staff should be having to worry about finding any of these. And such staff often have a very finite amount of time to be dealing with these "discoveries". Even if it's an extra five seconds per room, that eventually means they have less time to do all the rooms later on, in their day. It's not really fair, in my view.

Originally posted by PBK
                    You are over-thinking this, my friend, and letting emotion cloud logic.
                    I politely disagree. I think I'm being a realist, and having done hotel cleaning work, and knowing how hard, stressful, and what a pain-in-the-rear-end it was having customers leave stuff behind - deliberately or not (and how are the cleaners meant to know?) - and then the hassle of having to document what the item was; where it was found; in what room, and then pass all that on to security/hotel staff to deal with, was a huge additional frustration.

Originally posted by PBK
                    Normally I agree with most of the stuff you post. Your posts are usually well thought out but this time you really need to step back, take a deep breath, and think before you post.
                    Again, thanks for the kind words, but I did think long and hard before the post. It certainly wasn't done lightly.

Originally posted by PBK
                    It's not like asking children to play with balloons while one secretly gets his jollies or, as someone suggested in a post long ago, asking a person of your preferred gender to blow up balloons using "tips or tricks" making them think it's for one thing while it's really for one's secret enjoyment. It's leaving something innocuous behind in a room.
                    Indeed, you are right. But it's still - in my view - and that's the keyword here - my view - a pain in the rear to have to deal with, when you've done the job, and know what it can be like. To the person/people staying at hotels, cleaning crews generally aren't on the top of their thoughts. We're only spoken of or too, when things aren't right, have gone wrong, or have gone missing. It's a low-paid, very hard, often unpleasant job. Innocuous though a balloon is, it's still being left behind for reasons that are only clear and justified to the person leaving it. To the cleaners, it's just a random thing we have to either dispose of, or hand-in and let others deal with, in case the client has accidentally left it, when they didn't mean too. We have no idea why you will have left something behind. So, unless someone says directly to us: "This is for you, as a gift or Thank You", how are we to know for sure, one-way-or-the-other?

Originally posted by PBK
                    I've got pretty thick skin, having worked side by side with your BAF and SAS boys in The Sandbox, but I'm not going to take getting attacked by a keyboard warrior making an irrational emotional response.
                    If you or anyone else wants to discuss this further RATIONALLY without the personal attacks or name calling, please feel free to PM me.
                    The Thick Skin argument is irrelevant, as is your previous work. As for "getting attacked by a keyboard warrior making an irrational emotional response", that's just your opinion. It's neither factual, or truth. It's just your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Trying to make out, that it's more than an opinion, is both factually inaccurate, and a lowball way of trying to gain the higher ground in an argument/debate, by subtly implying you are better than me. Neither of us is better than the other. As for saying "rationally", again, that's your opinion, to which you are perfectly entitled.

I stand by everything I say, and why I said it. You are perfectly entitled to agree or disagree with any or all of it, in whatever fashion you wish to do so. It doesn't mean you are any more correct, or any more incorrect than me.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎