Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 20-06-2018, 09:57 PM
DiverDown DiverDown is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
DiverDown is on a distinguished road
Default Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons
Was wondering who the manufacturer was for the 12” round latex balloons that Party City carries. I saw some today at a work party and they were rounder than Qualatex but with a pronounced neck. Was thinking of picking some up for some fun.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-06-2018, 10:55 PM
kosmos kosmos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern US
Posts: 38
kosmos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons
Originally Posted by DiverDown View Post
Was wondering who the manufacturer was for the 12” round latex balloons that Party City carries. I saw some today at a work party and they were rounder than Qualatex but with a pronounced neck. Was thinking of picking some up for some fun.
Usually they are made in mexico (Amscan) , the OEM is actually Globos Payaso , or back then when (before Amscan) it was made by Unique it was Latex Occidental.

( i tell usually by the smell but that's just me)

I have heard that some balloon manufacturing of amscan balloons are moving to Malaysia and Indonesia, idk why.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-06-2018, 12:24 AM
john1bl john1bl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 33
john1bl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons
No they Don't anymore. They are made in Malaysia by Everts. Everts moved to Malaysia and stopped production in Germany. The old Everts is now Karaloon. If you look at the Everts site they list Amscan as a customer which is the parent company of Party City.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-06-2018, 02:06 AM
kosmos kosmos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern US
Posts: 38
kosmos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons
Originally Posted by DiverDown View Post
Was wondering who the manufacturer was for the 12” round latex balloons that Party City carries. I saw some today at a work party and they were rounder than Qualatex but with a pronounced neck. Was thinking of picking some up for some fun.
Originally Posted by john1bl View Post
No they Don't anymore. They are made in Malaysia by Everts. Everts moved to Malaysia and stopped production in Germany. The old Everts is now Karaloon. If you look at the Everts site they list Amscan as a customer which is the parent company of Party City.

Odd, this happened recently cause i purchased balloons from Party City last december and they were from Mexico,

Oh i know about Everts in Germany stopping production (that was a sad day ) and transferring to Malaysia (labor is cheaper and Malaysia is a major latex producer).

Currently American Greetings has cards and retail packs of balloons at the store i work at the 9,12, and Jumbo 15inch balloons have a label saying Made In Mexico. And this was a fresh shipment this past , and on the bag the Amscan logo is on it, so either they have both factories, or they still have enough old stock that is still good. Now im confused...

Last edited by kosmos; 21-06-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-06-2018, 09:10 PM
DiverDown DiverDown is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
DiverDown is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons
Thanks for the replies and the info. I picked up a bag of 12” and 9” each, and I can verify they both say Amscan Inc. and they’re made in Malaysia.

After blowing some up, at 7.99 for 72 for the 12” I can say I am pleased with these. They’re more bulbous than the Q11’s, which make them look like they’re ready to burst when inflated. They also inflate nicely via oral inflation, and hang in the air well when batted up. Very nice indeed.

Not as impressed with the 9” ones though. Just don’t quite like the shape.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-06-2018, 09:38 PM
kosmos kosmos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern US
Posts: 38
kosmos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons
Originally Posted by DiverDown View Post
Thanks for the replies and the info. I picked up a bag of 12” and 9” each, and I can verify they both say Amscan Inc. and they’re made in Malaysia.

After blowing some up, at 7.99 for 72 for the 12” I can say I am pleased with these. They’re more bulbous than the Q11’s, which make them look like they’re ready to burst when inflated. They also inflate nicely via oral inflation, and hang in the air well when batted up. Very nice indeed.

Not as impressed with the 9” ones though. Just don’t quite like the shape.
Wow that is new for me then, thanks for the info, i thought they were still made in Mexico with getting rid of old stock, i went into a store today and they were restocking the party area, the 12" balloons were Amscan made in Mexico, even the 15 inchers.. So i don't know if that is old stock.

I agree with the 9 inches, odd shape, i do like the 15" and 24" inch ones though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-06-2018, 11:23 PM
DiverDown DiverDown is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
DiverDown is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons
Well if they’re restocking with ones from Mexico I will make a quick trip in this weekend and stock up on these!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-06-2018, 11:30 PM
t17forLife t17forLife is offline
Blower at Looners Inc.
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 129
t17forLife is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons
Amscan is the "brand" for 95% of the stuff they sell there. I think the actual vendor for all of the Party City 5-24" balloons is located somewhere in Malaysia as one other person said.


Back when I used to work there, we also sold a few different packs of 11" sports-themed balloons, and the vendor for those was Qualatex. Fantastic! I should have stole more of those than the Amscan 16" punching balloons from the warehouse.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-06-2018, 11:30 PM
kosmos kosmos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern US
Posts: 38
kosmos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons
Originally Posted by DiverDown View Post
Well if they’re restocking with ones from Mexico I will make a quick trip in this weekend and stock up on these!
Sorry my apologies, i forgot to mention the store i went to this morning, i went to Kmart (yes Kmart had someone restocking with Mexico ones.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.