Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DiverDown
    • Mar 2018

Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons

Was wondering who the manufacturer was for the 12” round latex balloons that Party City carries. I saw some today at a work party and they were rounder than Qualatex but with a pronounced neck. Was thinking of picking some up for some fun.
  • kosmos
    • May 2017

Re: Who Makes Party City 12” Round Balloons

Originally posted by DiverDown
    Was wondering who the manufacturer was for the 12” round latex balloons that Party City carries. I saw some today at a work party and they were rounder than Qualatex but with a pronounced neck. Was thinking of picking some up for some fun.
    Usually they are made in mexico (Amscan) , the OEM is actually Globos Payaso , or back then when (before Amscan) it was made by Unique it was Latex Occidental.

( i tell usually by the smell but that's just me)

I have heard that some balloon manufacturing of amscan balloons are moving to Malaysia and Indonesia, idk why.

Comment

• john1bl
      • Jan 2014

No they Don't anymore. They are made in Malaysia by Everts. Everts moved to Malaysia and stopped production in Germany. The old Everts is now Karaloon. If you look at the Everts site they list Amscan as a customer which is the parent company of Party City.

Comment

• kosmos
        • May 2017

Originally posted by john1bl
        No they Don't anymore. They are made in Malaysia by Everts. Everts moved to Malaysia and stopped production in Germany. The old Everts is now Karaloon. If you look at the Everts site they list Amscan as a customer which is the parent company of Party City.

Odd, this happened recently cause i purchased balloons from Party City last december and they were from Mexico,

Oh i know about Everts in Germany stopping production (that was a sad day ) and transferring to Malaysia (labor is cheaper and Malaysia is a major latex producer).

Currently American Greetings has cards and retail packs of balloons at the store i work at the 9,12, and Jumbo 15inch balloons have a label saying Made In Mexico. And this was a fresh shipment this past , and on the bag the Amscan logo is on it, so either they have both factories, or they still have enough old stock that is still good. Now im confused...
        Last edited by kosmos; 21-06-2018, 02:10.

Comment

• DiverDown
          • Mar 2018

Thanks for the replies and the info. I picked up a bag of 12” and 9” each, and I can verify they both say Amscan Inc. and they’re made in Malaysia.

After blowing some up, at 7.99 for 72 for the 12” I can say I am pleased with these. They’re more bulbous than the Q11’s, which make them look like they’re ready to burst when inflated. They also inflate nicely via oral inflation, and hang in the air well when batted up. Very nice indeed.

Not as impressed with the 9” ones though. Just don’t quite like the shape.

Comment

• kosmos
            • May 2017

Thanks for the replies and the info. I picked up a bag of 12” and 9” each, and I can verify they both say Amscan Inc. and they’re made in Malaysia.

After blowing some up, at 7.99 for 72 for the 12” I can say I am pleased with these. They’re more bulbous than the Q11’s, which make them look like they’re ready to burst when inflated. They also inflate nicely via oral inflation, and hang in the air well when batted up. Very nice indeed.

Not as impressed with the 9” ones though. Just don’t quite like the shape.
            Wow that is new for me then, thanks for the info, i thought they were still made in Mexico with getting rid of old stock, i went into a store today and they were restocking the party area, the 12" balloons were Amscan made in Mexico, even the 15 inchers.. So i don't know if that is old stock.

I agree with the 9 inches, odd shape, i do like the 15" and 24" inch ones though.

Comment

• DiverDown
              • Mar 2018

Well if they’re restocking with ones from Mexico I will make a quick trip in this weekend and stock up on these!

Comment

• t17forLife
                • May 2015

Amscan is the "brand" for 95% of the stuff they sell there. I think the actual vendor for all of the Party City 5-24" balloons is located somewhere in Malaysia as one other person said.

Back when I used to work there, we also sold a few different packs of 11" sports-themed balloons, and the vendor for those was Qualatex. Fantastic! I should have stole more of those than the Amscan 16" punching balloons from the warehouse.

Comment

• kosmos
                  • May 2017

Well if they’re restocking with ones from Mexico I will make a quick trip in this weekend and stock up on these!
                  Sorry my apologies, i forgot to mention the store i went to this morning, i went to Kmart (yes Kmart had someone restocking with Mexico ones.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎