X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balloons
    Balloon fun
    • Apr 2017

Most peices after the bang

Once it BTP a Q 24 in my living room, its got well over 30 inches. After the amazing BOOM is shredded in tiny fibers, some almost too small to see. I'm still finding shreds now and then lol Please share you story
  • Bubblyzzz
    • Jul 2017

Re: Most peices after the bang

I like seeing pieces after a big btp! Even pics of pieces as some friends have sent.

Comment

• lionlooner
      • Apr 2016

Got a new pump recently and was dying to test it out. Whole family left for a bit a few weeks ago, so the first thing I did was bust out the pump and shove it in my pants with a big clear balloon.

Ended in balloon snow, was pretty great haha. Been wondering if adding hi-float would make it look better when shredding. :P

Comment

• Vicci
        Blown to bits
        • Oct 2009

Far too many to count. When I was decorating for Christmas, I was a little "over enthusiastic" inflating a balloon and it exploded in to thousands of tiny fragments. To this day, I still keep finding green dots (some the size of a pin head) around my lounge which turn out to be pieces of the balloon.
        Vicci x

Comment

• craggy2012
          • Jan 2012

I bought a few 1 metre rounds from a balloon shop in Chur (Switzerland) once after I spied the shop near to our hotel. Not 100 % sure on their brand or maker- but I know they were Italian and made specially for the particular shop. Anyway they all popped short of there stated size and often literally 'shattered'. Forget a few pieces of shreaded latex- these things turned into thousands of rice grain sized shards we were finding for months after!

Comment

• Nopops4me
            • Jun 2015

Is it true that if you end up with thousands of 'grain' size pieces of balloon then you've had the latex stretched greater than the rated size (ie B2P) and if the balloon just tares into a few, possibly jagged pieces then there was a fault/weak spot in the under inflated balloon. Still trying to learn from the experienced looners amongst you. Thanks for any help you give.

Comment

• Meililoon
              aka lyckr
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Nopops4me
              Is it true that if you end up with thousands of 'grain' size pieces of balloon then you've had the latex stretched greater than the rated size (ie B2P) and if the balloon just tares into a few, possibly jagged pieces then there was a fault/weak spot in the under inflated balloon. Still trying to learn from the experienced looners amongst you. Thanks for any help you give.
              Usually yes. The more stretched out it gets, the smaller pieces you get when it pops. I don't have much experience with them, but I've heard that metallic balloons can burst into even tinier pieces than other balloons.

Comment

• craggy2012
                • Jan 2012

Well one popped on it’s own accord....in the middle of the night, another shattered on an electric inflator.... I wasn’t watching when it literally exploded.... Jezz it went with one hell of a bang though. The women next door was e en shouting over the garden fence to see I was alright!

Comment

• Barcelona33
                  • Sep 2017

That this is a problem for me, I have to clean up quickly when this happens, since I do not want to be discovered by my parents. I have detected that this usually happens when they are very used, and the latex is already weak, when it can not stand the full inflation, that is to say until the neck is formed, they usually explode prematurely during inflation and are broken in this way, in many little pieces

Comment

• OverTheTop
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                    Not really. Generally the more overinflated it was the more pieces it breaks into, but there's differences in brand and quality that affect it as well, so it's not a very reliable metric.

Comment

• SusieDK
                      • Dec 2017

Hi there,

I just love it when a balloon explodes into lots and lots of tiny shreds. It is so super cool when that happens

I even now and then try to count the pieces - even though some always show up long after. It is not always the biggest balloons that make the most shreds - sometimes an 11" balloon will burst into almost 500 shreds and a 24" only into maybe just 3. Like the others who have replied to this thread I am pretty sure that balloons pop into the most shreds when they are popped by being 'overstressed, whether it is by being sat on, hugged or blown up until they pop. Of course it also depend on how strong the balloon is, but I think it has even more to do with the balloon being kind of evenly strong all over - leaving no particular weak spot to first give in. This way the entire balloon will be at its limit when it finally goes bang

Another thing I find really cool is when the far end of the balloon ends up in sort of a squid with lots of tiny arms (if this makes any sense). Sometimes also the mouthpiece ends up this way (and the rest of the balloon in small pieces all over the room). Do other have similar feelings about this?

I know it may sound ridiculous to some, but blowing up a balloon until it pops feels even cooler when it explodes into lots and lots of tiny shreds - not to mention how brave I feel by daring to do it! Counting the shreds kind of enhances these feelings. I don't do this every time though. Most times I just enjoy blowing up the balloon bigger and bigger until it pops. It as incredibly exciting to me, and I feel so brave when it pops with a really loud bang.
                      It never stops to amaze me that something that earlier almost scared me to death, has become such a pleasure that I can hardly get enough of it.

Thank you for reading my posting
                      Susie

Comment

• npratt
                        • Jul 2016

Hi Susie:

Yes I too enjoy when a balloon bursts into shreds. I got some cheap terrible smelling polka dot balloons from a dollar store and recently B2Ped one of them. It got much bigger than rated size and put up a good fight but when it finally gave way there was no piece bigger than a few millimeters, should have taken a picture. I usually pop them inside a large plastic bag for easy cleanup but even then am still finding little shreds here and there weeks later.

I know what you mean about the "squid with tiny arms"! Almost artistic.

I remember the first time B2Ping a balloon and being surprised by how it shredded - previously I had pin or sit popped them and they'd just pop into a few pieces.

I like watching the slow motion videos of balloons bursting into shreds. Fascinating, as Mr. Spock would say.

Comment

• t17forLife
                          • May 2015

I think it was my second intentional blow to pop (first was with a generic 11" from a church). It was a lime green Tuf-Tex 17 inch. About three years ago in December 2014.

I pre-stretched it and even inflated it up to about 15" a few times to stretch the latex. When it finally popped, it was probably at 20-21" and that fucker was loud! It took me thirty minutes to find most of the tiny shreds of latex, and I still found them around my room for a while.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎