Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

Hot weather and looning

Does hot weather affect the way u use your loons? For me the heat ruins it because it makes me extra sweaty and sticky skin ruins the feel of the balloons
  • Danman1987
    • Nov 2012

Re: Hot weather and looning

That counts for me too. But when it's hot I like to play with inflatables. When it's colder I like to play with balloons.

Comment

• Dude1234
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Danman1987
      That counts for me too. But when it's hot I like to play with inflatables. When it's colder I like to play with balloons.
      Inflatables in the heat sounds like a good idea. A fun way to cool down

Comment

• Seasider
        • Jan 2016

To be honest I don’t really blow too many balloons up when it’s hot, they oxidise too quickly and I hate the smell and feel of old or weathered balloons!! The winter is loads better they last loads longer. There was helium balloons at an event we were at today but they’d all been floating in a tent after being inflated and were already going off!!

Comment

• Dude1234
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Seasider
          To be honest I don’t really blow too many balloons up when it’s hot, they oxidise too quickly and I hate the smell and feel of old or weathered balloons!! The winter is loads better they last loads longer. There was helium balloons at an event we were at today but they’d all been floating in a tent after being inflated and were already going off!!
          I don't mind when they oxidise but fresh latex definitely smells better than old latex. Winter is defiantly better weather for it but then again I prefer winter to summer as I over hear easily.

Comment

• Casey88
            lukmanrewa
            • Jun 2012

nope, better to do loon in a closed conditioned room

Comment

• Seasider
              • Jan 2016

Ha ha it’s amazing how different we all are when it comes to our balloon preferences!!

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

I love both fresh from the bag balloons & aged, oxidized, smelly balloons!
                I mostly play in a cool, climate controlled room during the summer but sometimes I'll turn my HVAC off & get HOT n' STICKY with my 'loons..... to each their own!

Comment

• Bounci
                  • Apr 2018

The heat doesn't bother me at all. If they stick to me I only like it better, but then I'm quite content with just hugging anyway. Sometimes I blow up whole piles and leave them on my bed for days. I kind of enjoy coming home and seeing how they've changed, in looks and in feel. When I wake up or come home, sometimes I find little pieces of one that blew... I'm not sure why, but I kind of enjoy that too (though not always! lol). Also, to me it seems like they have more give and they feel softer. A B2P can be really hard for me with a fresh balloon, but with an oxidized one I always feel like the bang will be a bit more gentle and not as explosive. I've done a few accidental B2Ps because the balloon was so old it wouldn't tighten up again. Oops... But I love fresh ones too!
                  Last edited by Bounci; 09-05-2018, 07:17.

Comment

Ha,ha! I do the same thing, bounci!
                    I'll leave either multiple balloons blown up on my bed & floor or I'll just have one big balloon sitting around for days or sometimes weeks at a time,lol
                    Each time i enter my room i get this cheesy grin when i see everything covered in balloons
                    I love walking in & just kicking them around & seeing them fly all over the place

Comment

Oh!
                      & of course that wonderful, balloony smell!

Comment

• OverTheTop
                        • Dec 2013

I like how the balloons react to the heat - it might just be the placebo effect, but they seem softer and stretchier, which makes riding them even more fun. The smell is also an instant turn on. I especially like the way Cattex and Rifco ones smell - almost sweet, but still with that strong, distinct scent of latex.

On the other hand, I don't really like the sweatiness of playing with balloons when it's hot. A few times I've tried having fun with balloons in a hot shower to fix this, but then you can't really fit larger ones, and the water can damage them.

Comment

• Dec 2016

The smell of a balloon that's been lying in the sun is great

Comment

• SusieDK
                            • Dec 2017

Hi,

In some way it does, because when the weather is nice, sunny and warm, there is so much else I want to do, and then there isn’t so much time left for balloons. Apart from this the weather doesn’t affect my balloon play. I think it is more so, that lousy weather restricts whatever else I like doing, thereby pushing balloons higher up on the list and increasing balloon play. I almost never pause balloon play completely though - regardles of weather (and most other things btw). It is kind of like I need some minimum balloon activity
                            Of course there can be situations that forces me to abandon balloons for some time like being on a school trip or staying in friends places overnight. However I don’t need balloons that much - it is no problem with a week or two being ‘balloon-free’. I can always make up for it later *giggles*

Sincerely
                            Susie

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡