X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Blow to pop tips

I've always seen blow to pops as the pinnacle of balloon popping as it is the method that really pushes them to the limit. As a non-popper turned semi-popper, being more comfortable blowing a balloon till it pops have been my ultimate goal.
    I finally managed to do a few b2ps about a year ago, but as I haven't been able to play a lot with balloons in the last year, I wasn't able to keep practicing and now I keep chickening out whenever I try.
    I think it's mostly the anticipation/tension/suspense, whatever you want to call it, that gets to me. I can have a balloon pop prematurely and just shrug it off, but if I know i'm doing something that will cause the balloon to pop if I keep going, I can't bring myself to keep going. I have similar problems with sit pops if it's a tough one.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips for how to calm myself down and keep going?
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

Re: Blow to pop tips

I'm not able to advise because I've wondered the same. When I joined this forum I was a phobic non popper, now with reading the many tips & idea suggestions I've come a long way trying the many threads suggested here. A blow to pop would be my ultimate dream but can't bring myself to go there. I chicken out. So looking forward to ideas & advice from the b2p community we have

Comment

• JR Looner
      • May 2015

The only time I blow to pop is when I'm inflating a balloon and get a little carried away and it pops because I blew it up too big. It has only really happened a few times. I would try wearing ear plugs or ear muffs for the first few b2ps and then try without, like another looner mentioned in another thread.

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

I'm already wearing earplugs whenever I bring the balloons out.Don't think I could bring myself to pop a balloon in any way without them

Comment

• marja

The best advice would be: have peer-pressure.
          If you have to do it, because it is part of a game and your team would lose if YOU don't do a b2p, they would force you to do it and you would not be able to think and just do it!

I personally like the anticipation a lot. I inflate the balloon slowly, let some air out when it is almost there, and have a look after each breath.
          If you cannot handle the anticipation, you should do the opposite. Just take a small balloon and inflate it quickly, deep breaths and just keep going. Close your eyes and don't watch. If you watch, you risk scaring yourself by the size of the balloon and you may not be able to continue. If you want to see how big it gets, make a video of it and watch that.

Comment

• Regular Guy
            • Aug 2015

Using smaller balloons is a very good idea.

When I started to try B2Ps I did the same and still do.

It's "easier" with smaller ones. With "easier" I don't want to say that they are easier to blow or that you need less lung power, in this case that's a psychological" thing for two reasons:

First of all you won't get that frightened by the size of the ballons (even 12" can reach enormous sizes when being overinflated) and the more important point is the time you need to blow to pop this ballons.

I experienced that the longer you blow the more you think about what you are doing and the more your phobia stresses you.

When I began to try B2Ps I did as marja described and kept going on with deep, quick breaths and did not think about what I was doing. That went ok for a while but as it took to long until the ballons popped I started to chicken out because I began thinking about it again.

So using smaller balloons will definately help you succeeding with that.

Comment

• Meililoon
              aka lyckr
              • Sep 2014

Starting with smaller balloons should work. It was how I did it last time. However, back then I was more used to popping balloons in general, which I think made it easier. I also did a few b2ps with a handpump before I tried by mouth. Sadly I broke said handpump a while ago and the little electric pump I bought to replace it doesn't have the power to overinflate most balloons.

Originally posted by marja
              The best advice would be: have peer-pressure.
              If you have to do it, because it is part of a game and your team would lose if YOU don't do a b2p, they would force you to do it and you would not be able to think and just do it!
              Haha, I'm not really the kind of guy who gives in to peer-pressure easily And I would probably calmly panic in a situation like that and slip away somehow.
              I do like the idea of having someone I trust pushing me to do it though. I need to find myself a girlfriend who isn't afraid of popping balloons

Comment

• Meililoon
                aka lyckr
                • Sep 2014

Look what I just did!

I started by inflating it to full size, made a half knot and took a short break. After a few minutes I sat back down and kept blowing until there was a small neck. I then just held the balloon in one hand and spent some time taking deep breaths to calm myself down. Then I laid down on my back, closed my eyes and kept blowing. It was a very satisfying feeling when it popped! The pop itself wasn't scary at all (thanks earplugs!).
                In a way I find it easier to do with 16" (at least Uniques, haven't tried a b2p with any other brands). They don't build up the same pressure as a smaller balloon does and if you fully inflate them first, it doesn't take that long until they pop.
                I felt like I could've done more, but I didn't know how long I had the house for myself. Hopefully I'll have time to try again in not too long.
                Attached Files

Comment

• SRob
                  • Aug 2015

I really want to be able to blow to pop. I used to be able to, but haven't done it in years, and am now too chicken.

If I try with 9" or smaller, I've been able to blow until I can't blow anymore air into it, and it still won't pop. Bigger balloons, I chicken out before I get there.

Comment

• Meililoon
                    aka lyckr
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SRob
                    I really want to be able to blow to pop. I used to be able to, but haven't done it in years, and am now too chicken.

If I try with 9" or smaller, I've been able to blow until I can't blow anymore air into it, and it still won't pop. Bigger balloons, I chicken out before I get there.
                    Try to fully inflate a bigger balloon first and temporarily seal it and leave it for a bit. Then when you feel ready, you untie it and start blowing. I found this to be easier as a bigger balloon doesn't require as much internal pressure before it pops as a small one. I've only tried b2ping Uniques though, so it might not be as easy with something like a QTex or TT.

Comment

• teaganxer
                      • Jun 2015

I love blow to pops. The nervous feeling adds to the excitement.

I tend to slowly blow right up to the necking stage. Then when that happens really blow hard and hard not giving yourself time to think just focusing on the blows. POP done cc

Comment

• Ramirez
                        • Aug 2015

I am eagerly waiting for me to be able to finally do a B2P I think I have gotten pretty close to popping one of my 16" Quadlatex balloons I just have problems getting it blown up more after it gets very large. I will say I do love the excitement and anticipation of a pop even though I haven't got one from a B2P.

Comment

• LydiaLooner
                          • Jan 2015

I love blowing up balloons to their limit, so I end up popping them ALOT. I get scared when I pop really large balloons. Glasses have made me feel more comfortable, because Im afraid I'm going to get popped in the eye.

Comment

• Meililoon
                            aka lyckr
                            • Sep 2014

Safety goggles have been a part of my looner gear since the first time I saw a video where the model got stung in the face from a balloon popping during inflation. I know that the shreds mostly go away from your face during a proper b2p (most balloons break near the neck then and most of the latex gets pushed away from you), but if they pop due to a defect they are less predictable like that.

I found that having a good experience when doing your first few b2ps helps a lot when you try again in the future. Try to associate the build up and pop with something good (hint: be naughty ). At least transfering the adrenaline into something other than the anxiety made it easier for me to keep going.

Comment

• hol_alex
                              • Sep 2015

I cannot do some Blow2Pops, because the tension is to high

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎