X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katielynn
    Expert Blower
    • May 2012

"Fixing" underinflated balloons

Have you ever been tempted to "fix" an underinflated balloon? For example, I recently went to a party my friend hosted for her husbands birthday. In addition to other decorations, she had "blown up" some balloons and attached them to various places around the party area.

These things were pathetic! They were standard party balloons (probably 11") that she blew into these 5-6" orbs. They looked so sad just sitting there, especially to the fuller helium balloons she also bought. I kept wanting to untie them and fill them up so they were a more respectable size, but couldn't figure out a way to do it without being weird about it.

Oh well, I just hope she calls me to help decorate next time.
    I love to hear the BOOM!
  • Vicci
    Blown to bits
    • Oct 2009

Re: "Fixing" underinflated balloons

Yep! I've done that in the past, not at a party though, usually with ones I've taken home from an event or a shop (sometimes they just won't fill them more when you ask them to go a little more )
    Vicci x

Comment

• EC1118
      • Jun 2012

I just ignore them. I think it's too risky to start asking or taking balloons. If you're asking for more helium then there's probably more of a financial reason behind it. Vicci, why not try and get a pretty looking waitress to over-inflate and burst one for you (If you're that way inclined of course)

Not entirely convinced your not 'into' balloons yourself Katie I would hire you to decorate for me. Not sure my Mrs would let you 'un-decorate' but blowing a lot of 18s does take time!

Comment

• Katielynn
        Expert Blower
        • May 2012

Haha EC. I've always liked balloons, just never LIKED balloons until after I met my current bf. I always thought they were fun to play with, but that was it. I had no idea they could be sexual.

But do I now enjoy watching the effect they have on him? Seeing how he swells as I blow a simple toy bigger and bigger? Yes. And do I like how he F#€K$ me after some balloon play? Oh god yes!

I've dated guys with much stranger kinks (some of which I WON'T do), so this seems mild in comparison. So while I'd say I'm not "into" balloons, it's something I enjoy (always have) and I'm definitely into what they're doing for my relationship. The more I do it the more I get into it. It's hard now (no pun intended) to see a balloon out in public and not have a dirty thought. I even blow some up myself now when he's not home, just because it gives me good memories.
        I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Katielynn
          Expert Blower
          • May 2012

So, is that something that occurs regularly? Getting pretty waitresses to do it for you? Is that a common fantasy? How do you get them to do it?
          I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• cgrocarlos
            • Oct 2011

Funny you should mention the waitress over-inflating balloons. Both of the Hooters restaurants near where I live are always happy to do so, I've asked them myself when my ex used to work there but alot of times they make them nice and big as a default. Next time I go maybe i can snap some pics if i remember

Comment

• Vicci
              Blown to bits
              • Oct 2009

Pics would be nice
              Vicci x

Comment

• Vicci
                Blown to bits
                • Oct 2009

Pics would be nice
                Vicci x

Comment

• Casey88
                  lukmanrewa
                  • Jun 2012

I am trying to unknot my underinflated balloon. Its so hard !!

Comment

• lonelylooner
                    • Jan 2012

I always kind of 'half tie' my loons so the knot is easier to undo, just a lil tip for the future

Comment

• Azurefox
                      • Jan 2023

That's a perpetual problem where I am too. If there's kids around, they can stay underinflated (phobia+kids with balloons=Hypertension with a side of panic attack).

I don't honestly know if I can blame people who live around my area for underinflating. Either the only stores here that carry balloons deliberately buy old/defective stock at discount, or they just keep their stock for years and they degrade into a defective mess.

The helium is another issue entirely. The store here refuses to inflate mylar/latex bought elsewhere if they even have helium to begin with. Even when they do, you can still see wrinkles in the mylars and only inflated latex so they barely float (I think they KNOW theirlatex stock is trash).

It's a sad situation lol -.-

Comment

• UKPOPPER
                        • Feb 2023

I find a fork is a useful implement for untying balloon knots...just wet the knot and gently ease the prong nearest the edge of the fork into the knot to stretch and loosen it. Once you're through the knot without splitting the rubber you should have enough leverage to undo the knot...then you usually have to unstick the neck a bit before adding more air. Hmm....you might think I have done this a few times before. It's amazing how sad looking party balloons around my house get a second lease of life. Well...until my pop devil comes out to play. 🤣🎈
                        Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• Danniballoon
                          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Casey88

I am trying to unknot my underinflated balloon. Its so hard !!
                          I have a good method of untying balloons. I'm hoping to upload a tutorial in the not too distant future

Comment

• Casey88
                            lukmanrewa
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by UKPOPPER
                            I find a fork is a useful implement for untying balloon knots...just wet the knot and gently ease the prong nearest the edge of the fork into the knot to stretch and loosen it. Once you're through the knot without splitting the rubber you should have enough leverage to undo the knot...then you usually have to unstick the neck a bit before adding more air.
                            Yeah I do this every single time when there is promotional balloons handed out at the shopping centre. Keep a small fork with me and head out to the bathroom cubicle to deflate them.

Comment

• jfetn
                              • Oct 2019

Hi, I have successfully untied tightly tied balloons using two crochet hooks and some latex-safe lubricant. You also need to grip the balloon with your legs while sitted on a firm chair. Then, you lube the knot and a 1.3 mm hook and try to slowly thread It through the knot without puncturing the latex. Once in, add more lubricant (the key point is that the whole inner part of the knot were lubbed), lube another hook and thread It across the knot through the opposite side you thread the first one. Next, untie the balloon by pulling both hook apart from each other and if the knot is properly lubed, It will untie itself.
                              You may need a little practice and control the amount of lube needed, but once you get It, you can succeed every time. And I don't advice doing this at the car, you cannot get a proper leg grip.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎