Old 13-01-2017, 11:46 PM

Semipopper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: B2P Nerves
That also sounds like a really good idea Aurora!
Old 14-01-2017, 08:43 PM

SRob is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by b0f0s0f View Post
What size balloons are you trying with? I highly recommend 9" balloons if you're trying to do your first. They don't get nearly as big as 12" ones (which can get really huge, honestly) and tend to be thinner. They also don't take nearly as long to inflate to bursting, giving you less time to chicken out. They only get to around 12 or so inches before they pop.
9" are harder than 12 for me. I can get a 9" to the point I can't blow harder and it still won't pop. I haven't had that problem with a 12".
Old 28-01-2017, 12:16 PM

LoudPopper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AuroraFox View Post
I remember reading a piece of advice on here that I found really useful. Take whatever balloon you plan to blow to pop and start off by getting it as big as you can until you're not comfortable. Then, pick a number of breaths to blow into the balloon, something like 3 large breaths works pretty well. Blow them into the balloon as quickly as you can, while counting mentally. Many times this will allow you to fill the balloon before your brain registers that it's about to pop. It's worked well for me.
That's how I got over my fear of BTP too! Also, you can practice balloons popping by your face by wearing eye protection. Another tip that helped me was blowing up a balloon about to is max size, and then I would use my nails. I did that a bunch of times until I got comfortable with the balloon popping so close to my face. That was when I started doing the counting thing that Aurora suggested.