X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jkloon
    • Aug 2013

Long time, no see

Hey everyone!

Those of you that have been around for a while may remember me, and how I very mysteriously went dark all of a sudden.

Over the past few months, I have been in a very difficult battle with my mental health. I don't want to dwell on the bad, so I will summarize quickly. I developed a very severe drinking problem to cope with my depression, in the end I couldn't take it anymore and I tried to end my life. I was very fortunate that some friends were around and got me to the hospital in time. I also got into a car accident (non alcohol related), which left me with some PTSD. I spent some time in an emergency crisis center after my second suicide attempt in 3 months, and spent a long time trying to get my life back together.

Now for the positive; I quit drinking, and I've been clean since October. I've found an absolutely amazing girl, who I plan to someday make my wife (I never understood this before, but when you know, you know). She is incredibly supportive of everything I have ever had to deal with, and makes me laugh, smile, and feel safe and comfortable no matter the situation. I have started speaking publicly about mental health and addiction, and I'm trying to help as many other people as I can (this includes you if you need someone to talk to). I retook one of the courses that I had failed, and passed it with an actually decent grade. I have worked with my professors and advisors to develop an education plan so that I may continue with my degree without overloading myself again. I'm going to start treatment for the PTSD soon, and from what I've heard it seems promising.

Life has really started looking up, and for the first time in 12 years I'm happy to be alive.

Sorry about the long post, but it feels good to be getting my life back to normal.
  • Bubble Boy :-P

Re: Long time, no see

HI JKLOON!!!!!!
    Its great to hear from you! It's been so long! I've missed all your balloon & inflatable adventures you used to enlighten us with!

That is UNBELIEVABLE what you've been going through & I'm so sorry to hear about it but I'm so very glad you're doing better. Congratulations on beating those demons! I'm sure we all look forward to chatting balloon stuff with you again

Be strong buddy!

Comment

• Jkloon
      • Aug 2013

Re: Long time, no see

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
      HI JKLOON!!!!!!
      Its great to hear from you! It's been so long! I've missed all your balloon & inflatable adventures you used to enlighten us with!

That is UNBELIEVABLE what you've been going through & I'm so sorry to hear about it but I'm so very glad you're doing better. Congratulations on beating those demons! I'm sure we all look forward to chatting balloon stuff with you again

Be strong buddy!
      Wow! It's so great to see that you're still active. I was wondering if anyone other than vicci would be around still after being gone for so long. It's really nice to see a familiar username

Thank you for the kind words! It feels really good to be back.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎