X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baizelis
    • Feb 2015

Couple of questions about inflating

Hi,

1. Cattex doll. I inflated the head and let go of the body, but the head still keeps inflating. What should I do in order for body to inflate?

2. Geo donuts. So i tried inflating them by mouth, but got scared because it looked like only the lower part was inflating and a neck was forming so i thought that it's about to blow up in my face. So how do you inflate them?

3. Also why do sometimes when i inflate new balloons (no matter their shape) only one side inflates, thus ruining the balloon?

Thanks for the answers
    Last edited by Baizelis; 12-02-2016, 10:59.
  • Regular Guy
    • Aug 2015

Re: Couple of questions about inflating

I usually inflate my geo donuts and blossoms by mouth. It's right, the first times you inflate them only the lower part and the neck seems to inflate.
    At first I also felt a bit uncomfortable, so I used both of my hands to keep the neck back and to prevent the lower part to inflate further.
    As soon as the upper part begins to inflate pressure ratio starts to change and the balloon will inflate poperly.
    This seems to be normal and I don't think you have to worry about.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

2. I had a similar experience with these. What I did was to force the upper part to inflate first and then try to make each side inflate evenly. They don't seem to inflate quite right when I do this, but it saves me from overinflating the lower part.

3. In my experience this isn't really an issue, at least with round balloons. I've had it happen a lot with 16" QTex, but they always even out after I've put some more air into them.

Comment

• BigBang123
        • Aug 2015

With the cattex dolls I would just leave the head to inflate and the body should fill up one the head is full but if you get worried just give the head a little push and the body should start to inflate

Comment

• Baizelis
          • Feb 2015

Thanks for the answers. Will try to implement them on my next session

Comment

• Baizelis
            • Feb 2015

Whoops, double post
            Last edited by Baizelis; 14-02-2016, 10:13. Reason: double post

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

That is awesome! I have two black & six baby blue big cattex dolls & i have yet to use them. I will definitely use the techniques posted on here. I love this place! Fraekin awesome! Balloon central! Wiki? Pfffft!

Comment

• Likesballoons
                • Mar 2016

I want to get a Gummiwerk 63" rabbit. How do I inflate it. Do I do the ears first and should I use an electric inflator? How much air do I put into it?
                Thanks

Comment

• Likesballoons
                  • Mar 2016

I'm also new btw and am glad I found the forum.
                  Thanks everyone!!!!

Comment

• Helium1234
                    • Dec 2016

Does anyone have tips for how to get a Q24 fully inflated with a good neck? I have some that I've always used for helium (can be seen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTmKheCMtc) always get them pretty large on the helium tank but see these videos of people getting them even bigger. Any advice would be awesome!! Thanks

Comment

• craggy2012
                      • Jan 2012

Stretching the balloon by hand first before inflating helps. Get a good hold of the neck between your thumbs n fingers and pull- stretching the neck pulling it out wider a few times, then do the same length wise (bulb to neck). You should then find it easier when you inflate the balloon to get a decent looking neck.

As for dolls, figures and GL's try and hold the balloon tightly in the grip of your hand as you start inflating so the air fills the end of the balloon first, and allow to fill out back up towards the neck.... it's awkward, but does stops these shaped balloons bursting prematurely before they ever reach full inflated.

With large GL's press your forearm down ontop of the balloon at the neck end so as you start inflating it- the air gets forced to the bottom end and starts filling and stretching the balloon from the end back up towards the neck.

With Heart shapes, use a similar technique- one lobe tends to get bigger before the other which can cause it to burst whilst being inflated, so press down on the lobe inflating first with the heel or palm of your hand, or your forearm etc- forcing the other lobe to inflate. When they look about the same equal size let go and they'll start to fill out equally.

Hope this offers some help

I've lost no end of balloons prematurely during their first inflation because I'd often just go 'wading in to battle' n trying to blow them up in one go if you don't control how they inflate and stretch out evenly. The narrowest part of any given shape is the last part to fill, putting greatest strain on the fattest part which is usually where it will fail and burst before reaching full inflation.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                        • Dec 2013

To get a good neck on almost any balloon, I first stretch the neck alone for about a minute, and then squeeze at the end of the neck and inflate it so that only the neck fills, as tight as I want. Then I deflate and repeat this a few times, before inflating it regularly. It makes it much easier to neck almost any shape or size of balloon.

Comment

Working...