Old 10-01-2018, 01:05 AM

srob2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's the loudest and biggest balloon you've blown to pop?
Loudest is 12" tuftex. They are all loud, but some are next to impossible to b2p and extremely loud if you can. Largest is a 16", larger just isn't worth the effort to me.
Old 15-01-2018, 10:35 PM

MikeFlowerPop is on a distinguished road
The loudest from my current stash are 18" Gemar punchballs from Italy. Blowpopping them gives such an enourmous BANG! I had complaints even when doing it on a very loud Techno dance event.

They are also quite affordable as they go for about 16 €-cents per piece in local "Dollar"-Stores. On New Years Eve I had a girlfriend at my flat and we stomped a whole package of them (20 pc) which I had pre-inflated to max. We both had a blast! The Neighbours did not
Old 17-01-2018, 01:44 PM

Andy1987R is on a distinguished road
Think a 16inch unique, went with a satisfying bang think it various on what type of room your in done some 12 inch b2p's in the bathroom before the tiled walls make the bang sound even better
Old 20-01-2018, 09:16 AM

SusieDK is on a distinguished road
Hi there,

The largest balloon I ever blew to pop was one we bought around New Year some years ago. I don’t know the brand and not the size it was supposed to get either. My best guess is it must have been around 40” or so. It took almost half an hour to blow it up until it popped, and it got incredibly big - bigger across than our bed which was 140 cm (56”) and much longer with a long neck. I remember that I very nearly chickened out, because it got so big, but when it finally popped, it didn’t make a very loud bang really, so in that respect it was kind of disappointing. It was a one off BTW, I don’t usually buy balloons bigger than 24”. They are far to expensive for blow to pop, and my experiences with other such really big balloons are that they take forever to blow and ‘only’ gives a dull boom in return.
It is much harder to judge the loudest balloon, because it seems to me, that most balloons are close to equally loud - only the very thin and ‘flimpsy’ ones don’t make an especially loud bang. If I should choose one, then maybe the 18” stuffing balloons - at least they get very very tight before they finally ‘give in’. *giggles*
I think the ‘loudness’ has more to do with the place than with the kind of balloon. I have sometimes blown to pop balloons in the forest, and this is definitely loud and with a really cool echo So maybe Qualatex 16” or 11” in the forest make up for the loudest bang. Our bedroom is not bad either though

However when it comes how I remember things, I always think of the very first balloon I had in my life as the loudest ever. I was only 3 years old, and I was playing with the balloon - totally unware that balloons could pop - when it suddenly exploded in mid air. I was phobic of balloons for many years after, and in my mind this exact balloons was the loudest. I did However not blow it up, I just got it from my dad and was playing with it.

It is quite amazing that I now hardly cannot get enough of blowing up balloons until they pop. It is such a rush!

Thank you for reading my posting.

Greetings
Susie

Last edited by SusieDK; 21-01-2018 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Adding missing words - again!!!
Old 20-01-2018, 09:07 PM

Bubblyzzz is on a distinguished road
"It is quite amazing that I now hardly cannot get enough of blowing up balloons until they pop. It is such a rush!"

Yess, me too, becaus I was into popping in any way except btp, now I can't get enough of it!
Old 21-01-2018, 03:49 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SusieDK View Post
Hi there,

The largest balloon I ever blew to pop was one we bought around New Year some years ago. I don’t know the brand and not the size it was supposed to get either. My best guess is it must have been around 40” or so. It took almost half an hour to blow it up until it popped, and it got incredibly big - bigger across than our bed which was 140 cm (56”) and much longer with a long neck. I remember that I very nearly chickened out, because it got so big, but when it finally popped, it didn’t make a very loud bang really, so in that respect it was kind of disappointing. It was a one off BTW, I don’t usually buy balloons bigger than 24”. They are far to expensive for blow to pop, and my experiences with other such really big balloons are that they take forever to blow and ‘only’ gives a dull boom in return.
It is much harder to judge the loudest balloon, because it seems to me, that most balloons are close to equally loud - only the very thin and ‘flimpsy’ ones don’t make an especially loud bang. If I should choose one, then maybe the 18” stuffing balloons - at least they get very very tight before they finally ‘give in’. *giggles*
I think the ‘loudness’ has more to do with the place than with the kind of balloon. I have sometimes blown to pop balloons in the forest, and this is definately loud and with a really cool echo So maybe Qualatex 16” or 11” in the forest make up for the loudest bang. Our bedroom is not bad either though

However when it comes how I remember things, I always think of the very first balloon I had in my life as the loudest ever. I was only 3 years old, and I was playing with the balloon - totally unware that balloons could pop - when it suddenly exploded in mid air. I was phobic of balloons for many years after, and in my mind this exact balloons was the loudest. I did However not blow it up, I just got it from my dad and was playing with it.

It is quite amazing that I now hardly cannot get enough of blowing up balloons until they pop. It is such a rush!

Thank you for reading my posting.

Greetings
Susie
I've noticed that too, larger balloons tend to produce less of a pop and more of a shockwave you can feel...
Old 25-01-2018, 08:38 AM

Rider is on a distinguished road
The loudest for me was a TT 17. Hold cow....you could feel the soundwave in your chest!
Old 25-01-2018, 11:38 PM
Blower at Looners Inc.

t17forLife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The loudest for me was a TT 17. Hold cow....you could feel the soundwave in your chest!
First time I did one of those I was using cheap, improperly inserted foam earplugs. Never again!