Old 12-01-2018, 12:06 AM

Bubble Boy :-P is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oops
Oh,man, that totally blows, BigBreathless...(pun not intended ) The same thing happened to me a few years ago the first time i purchased some Cattex 55" hearts. I just pulled one out & attached it to my electric balloon pump & started inflating. It blew up to maybe about two thirds its rated size & it was more round than heart shaped. The humps of the heart refused to inflate
Next thing i knew... KABLAMO! My Russel terrier in the next room started barking like crazy! It was like a freakin shotgun blast!
The trick is to partially inflated the balloon, clip it shut & work the humps by squishing & forcing the air into them without stretching the center part between the humps. Its a little tricky but by doing that the balloon should blow up more consistently
Old 12-01-2018, 03:03 AM

onemoreblow is on a distinguished road
I tried some heart balloons once. Every single one had defects in between the humps. Incidentally that seems to be the most stressed part of the mold
Old 12-01-2018, 03:58 AM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
I was blowing a 36inch round up on an electric inflator, turned my back for a couple of seconds when ‘Boom’- and I mean ‘Boom’ The loon was no more.....

Ears ringing with tinnitus, the next door neighbour shouting over the fence near to our kitchen if was alright (which is a very rare occurrence) I spent the rest of the morning going round with the hoover picking up the thousands of rice grain sized shards of rubber off the carpet the loon had turned itself into!

Thing was when I last observed it, to me, it was nowhere near it’s rated size, was still a dark, deep red colour. But as I say, I just turned my back n it has gone!
Old 12-01-2018, 06:03 AM
Inflatable Enthusiast

Location: A tiny rock floating in the middle of nowhere in an infinite universe, orbiting around a tiny star.
loonerdude44 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jkloon View Post
I was blowing up an Intex Puppy Ride On (2009) with a compressor. I wanted it nice and tight and was really excited cuz it was my first inflatable (I'm a non popper). It was getting bigger and I was so excited I wasn't paying close enough attention; I pushed down on it while air was still going into it and *Bang* the seam under the neck burst open.

I still have the dog and it kinda hold air. I really want a new one though
Jkloon, this is why I'm always careful not to overinflate my inflatables, balloons too. I like 'em somewhat tight but not too tight.

Last edited by loonerdude44; 12-01-2018 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:11 AM
Inflatable Enthusiast

Location: A tiny rock floating in the middle of nowhere in an infinite universe, orbiting around a tiny star.
loonerdude44 is on a distinguished road
I've had some animal shaped balloons pop on me. A lot. That's why I don't trust them anymore. Most of them are either too difficult to inflate properly, have MASSIVE weak spots or just pop prematurely before you'd even expect a balloon to pop. I wish I could get some good ones.
Old 16-01-2018, 06:08 PM

BlueYoshi is on a distinguished road
Had an 'oops' moment late last night when I was rolling around on my stomach on a couple of large Q36s on maybe their third inflation. I felt my feet slipping off the soft smiley face print behind me and failed to correct myself. As I slipped off to one side, my legs must have pressed down on one side too hard and caused the rear balloon to rupture. It would have been funnier if I weren't afraid of waking up anybody in the house.

Last edited by BlueYoshi; 16-01-2018 at 06:10 PM.