How many times have you reused a balloon?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BusterBill
    Founder, Balloon Buddies
    • Nov 2016

Re: How many times have you reused a balloon?

Originally posted by OverTheTop
    Try putting it in a ziploc bag and then in a clothes dryer on high heat for 15-30 minutes. The heat will restore the original uninflated shape of the balloon, and as a bonus, make it stretchier when you inflate it.

(Keep each balloon in its own bag, they can stick to each other otherwise)

I also use the clothes dryer method, but a bit differently. I put the balloons in a clean pillow case and use medium heat for 10 minutes. It restores the balloons really well. Using a cloth container like a pillow case it's possible to put multiple balloons in the container and they've never stuck to each other.

On my dryer the high heat setting is too hot and sometimes damages the latex. The medium setting works perfectly every time.

I use an elastic band to close up the pillow case - - it keeps the balloons from tumbling out.

Comment

• bubblesNdragons
      • Oct 2019

Originally posted by OverTheTop
      Ahh, the perfect thread for me!

My favorites are the GL series balloons from Cattex, which are gigantic even when uninflated.

From left to right:
      • Used clear GL1200
      • Used heat stretched yellow GL700
      • Used purple GL500
      • Unused white GL1200
      • Unused blue GL700
      • Unused purple GL500

Plus a standard 12-inch ruler for scale. The used GL1200 is almost four feet long

Lol sometimes I love to amuse myself by comparing a used balloon to an unused one and seeing how much they stretched. Since my college roommate is cool with my fetish, sometimes I'll show it to her and she's usually like "holy shit lmaooo"
      *notices bulge*

Comment

• bubblesNdragons
        • Oct 2019

When I was first exploring, I had a bag of no-brand balloons last me a while despite the many reinflations it went through and how much saliva I accidentally sprayed into them. I didn't keep track as to how long they lasted precisely, but it felt like a long time. I haven't officially put brands like Qualatex to the test, but I want to predict they'll last roughly half a year with heavy usage.
        *notices bulge*

Comment

• stobarts
          • Dec 2018

I reuse my tt17`s all the time until they finally go bang ,the more they are reused the bigger they are

Comment

• FunLooner
            • Dec 2019

I try to reuse my balloons as much as possible but sometimes they get too weak I’ve always used a heater or a blow drier that heats the latex back to almost original shape and size a plus on this is it’s prestretched but don’t look prestretched!

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
              • Nov 2018

I reuse my balloons until they start to look bad from overuse. Crystals are particularly susceptible to looking "tired" after awhile. Second and third inflations are often the best.

I prefer using hot water to shrink my balloons back to size, being careful to not get the water inside the balloon. This approach seems to have 2 advantages. The hot water really shrinks the balloon back to size quickly and it washes off dust and smudges that might collect on the surface. After the hot water bath, I dry the balloon and store it in a cool, dry location--in my case, the cellar.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                • Jun 2015

Same here LoonerPlanet. Hot water shrink , dry off and store.

Comment

• Fuusen
                  • Nov 2019

I sometimes use some talcum power to prevent them from sticking. I have some balloons that my wife inflated for me, and I reinflated them quite some times :-)

Comment

• sexyneck
                    • Feb 2016

What I did is to only inflate once and have have sex with it. After using, I don't deflate. I keep it in a box, until the next use again and again until is pop. The used balloons turns me on, as the dried cum and baby powder smells sexy. Normally I go for 12 - 15 inches balloons.
                    At times I was able to reuse to 14 - 20 times before it goes very soft and pop. In fact the more I use the longer the neck it, and the softness comes with a soft rubbing noise really made me cum faster.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by sexyneck; 22-12-2019, 06:03. Reason: Add photos

Comment

• Danniballoon
                      • Mar 2018

I never seem to get more than 4 or 5 uses out of a balloon before it pops. However, I've had a truck inner tube for 30 years and boinked it 40 times, so far. I got it from a tyre dealers from their scrap pile of discarded tubes. I repaired a puncture in it and had so much fun riding it over the years. Makes me horny thinking about how long it was in the truck for and how much abuse it took, before I got to re-purpose it and boink the hell out of it

I did have one scary moment with it, when I had it fully inflated in the garage and caught it accidentally with a sharp piece of metal. Thankfully, it just punctured and deflated but it was a miracle that it didn't burst and I was able to patch it.... and yes they do burst with a bang, just like balloons ;-)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Danniballoon; 03-01-2020, 23:34.

Comment

• Creeperlooner
                        • Jan 2020

Some brands degrade faster than others. Cheap balloons degrade a lot faster. Usually I reuse a Qualatex Q36 for 8-10 times until I discard it.

Comment

• PBK
                          • Mar 2019

Dozens.
                          When I was a teen I bought 3 Tilco/Prestige 40" balloons that I had my "fun" with.
                          I inflated and re-inflated them to their full size every night for my fun from when I bought them in Feb to when I finally had to throw them away sometime in the next year.

Comment

• SRider
                            • Jun 2018

"As many times as I can" is my answer. I've gotten pretty good over the years at spotting "fatal wrinkles" in balloons and retiring ones that have them, and haven't had one pop on me in ages. Ideally I'd burst the ones that have almost reached the end of their life, but my current living situation doesn't allow that. Sometimes the balloons in my collection manage to spontaneously develop pinholes (or, in the case of one Wal-Mart 36-incher, a large tear!) whilst in storage, and I listen out for these defects when I try to inflate them again. One 36-inch clear China balloon recently developed a pinhole whilst almost fully inflated, which somehow didn't pop it! As soon as I felt that little jet of air against my hand I pulled the neck open and deflated it in a hurry.

Comment

• Will blown
                              • Jan 2020

Before I started caring for my balloons (washing and treating with silicone oil Vivishine or the likes I could use a balloon 5-7 times. Now that I am trying to conserve them (Q24s) I am getting 8 -10 inflations and I am a neck lover so really push them too far.

Look into how the latex wear community cares for their wear. Lots of videos and info if you are looking to help your balloons last a bit longer.

Comment

• QuickRide1284
                                • May 2019

I always reuse my balloons until they pop, one of my Black Walmart 36" made it about 9 months and approximately 40 sessions (inflated by mouth and deflated). The latex started getting thin and deformed. Finally decided to put it out of its misery and overinflated it and started bouncing and grinding hard on it and it popped sending shards of latex flying all over the place, it was great!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎