Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black_Bear
    • May 2013

Popping in Public

I have a few questions about this. I really want to do it with other people around, but just can't do it. So my questions are as follows for those that have done it. Also is basically anywhere outside of your own house.

1. How did you pop the balloon? (I would only do b2p's)

2. What type and size of balloons? (I would only use 16" Qualatex)

3. What made you want to do it?

4. What were the reactions of people that saw you before it popped or the bigger balloon got?

5. What was the reaction of people when it popped and afterwards?

6. Is it worth the thrill?

7. Where did you do it?

I don't know how many people here have done it. But I really want to just sit somewhere in public and b2p a balloon. Would hope someone is with me, but just to have fun with the idea. But I only like b2p with my 16" balloons, so i am afraid of the attention it would draw.
  • stvrob19@gmail.com
    • Sep 2013

Re: Popping in Public

I was at a concert and they were passing out uninflated balloons, probably 12". A few others were popping them, mostly stepping, but most just got blown up and thrown around. I grabbed a handful and blew most to pop, without caring what anyone thought. I sat on two after blowing them almost to pop. When I ran out I grabbed more.

Lots of people watching me, more paying attention to their friends or the music. I remember one really beautiful girl was watching and asked me what I was doing. I told her I like popping balloons. We played with a few, and she seemed into it but was scared to pop one herself. I really regret not trying to get her number.

Definitely worth it, and much easier to do than bring balloon into a scene they aren't already at.

Comment

• ClickChix
      • Dec 2013

1. How did you pop the balloon? I popped it by blowing it up as hard as I could! I just kept going until it was bigger than my head

2. What type and size of balloons? It was a large Spritz Balloon. A Target brand :-P so it got really big! They are a good brand ,strong.

3. What made you want to do it? I like the shock value, and I love to pop balloons and scare people in public….

4. What were the reactions of people that saw you before it popped or the bigger balloon got? LOL people stared at me!!!

5. What was the reaction of people when it popped and afterwards? ! And then when it popped they looked seriously scared! One older lady asked me "how old do you think you are?" I just laughed….hahaha

6. Is it worth the thrill? TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Where did you do it? Theres a hotel where I live, and has an amazing christmas time celebration on the streets….teehee I scared santa ;-)

Comment

• Vicci
        Blown to bits
        • Oct 2009

1. Blew them to bits

2. They were being giving away at an event by some random company, seemed like belbal 12"

3. It's fun

4. I don't think anyone really noticed, they were too busy with other things

5. Silence and everyone looking round

6. Yes

7. Olympia exhibition centre, London
        Vicci x

Comment

• Katielynn
          Expert Blower
          • May 2012

Most recently was at a hockey game in an indoor stadium with 3 of my girlfriends. One of the auto dealers in the area was handing out free helium balloons and I got one. After I sucked the helium out of it I got bored and decided to blow it up and see how big it would get.

1. How did you pop the balloon? Blow to pop

2. What type and size of balloons? A printed red round, probably 11 or 12 inches

3. What made you want to do it? Too many beers and boredom

4. What were the reactions of people that saw you before it popped or the bigger balloon got? It was before the game started so most people were still finding their seats and not paying attention. When it started getting big one of my girlfriends said, "oh my god Katie, that thing is huge" and told me to stop or I would pop it (magic words to me my friend). When I kept blowing and she figured out what I intended she began to cheer me on "blow Katie blow!". My other friend covered her ears and screamed/laughed a little each time I put another breath in or squeaked it.

5. What was the reaction of people when it popped and afterwards?

6. Is it worth the thrill?

7. Where did you do it?
          I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Katielynn
            Expert Blower
            • May 2012

Reaction: not much. My friends screamed and two guys behind us cheered.

Worth it: totally.

Xo, katie
            I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• LydiaLooner
              • Jan 2015

I popped a store's "clearance" mylar balloon. I did it for the thrill, while no one was watching. I took a video of it on snapchat though lol.... I can't wait to do it again. I want to pop the car lot balloons, but the darn salesman are always around! ;D

Comment

• Katielynn
                Expert Blower
                • May 2012

Originally posted by LydiaLooner
                I want to pop the car lot balloons, but the darn salesman are always around! ;D
                I've wanted to do that too! I always wondered if I could get away with popping one in the showroom. I bet it would be an awesome boom with a nice loud echo.
                I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• perchedontheloon
                  • Dec 2014

I once (accidentally) popped a balloon inside a car showroom. It was super loud and made me jump! One of the secretaries said it happens all the time

Comment

• LoonlYlonner

How did you pop the balloon? Blow to pop !

2. What type and size of balloons? To many ,but the greatest are Tuftex 17 inch

3. What made you want to do it? I love to see the people's reactions and it's so much fun to take out some balloons and getting some nice big bangs. I love to do experiments , where i could get the most impressive bang.

4. What were the reactions of people that saw you before it popped or the bigger balloon got? Some wheir leaving fast and some wheir interessted.

5. What was the reaction of people when it popped and afterwards? The most people wheir shocked other ones weir smiling. But definitely everyone stared at me !!! Lol

6. Is it worth the thrill? Absolutely ! It's pure pleasure

7. Where did you do it? In the city , in parks at the train station , in mc donald's

Comment

• Black_Bear
                      • May 2013

Originally posted by LoonlYlonner
                      How did you pop the balloon? Blow to pop !

2. What type and size of balloons? To many ,but the greatest are Tuftex 17 inch

3. What made you want to do it? I love to see the people's reactions and it's so much fun to take out some balloons and getting some nice big bangs. I love to do experiments , where i could get the most impressive bang.

4. What were the reactions of people that saw you before it popped or the bigger balloon got? Some wheir leaving fast and some wheir interessted.

5. What was the reaction of people when it popped and afterwards? The most people wheir shocked other ones weir smiling. But definitely everyone stared at me !!! Lol

6. Is it worth the thrill? Absolutely ! It's pure pleasure

7. Where did you do it? In the city , in parks at the train station , in mc donald's
                      Hmm... Well I have a few questions to your answer:
                      Why do you love TT17s so much? Do you do it alone, or with friends? Do people plug their ears? Do they ever get mad at you? Have you b2p'd in other public places? If you did in McDonald's, what type of balloon, and how did everyone react? If done at a train station, or fast food place, did you get in trouble, or pick up the shreds?

On another note. I had to get my car inspected following an incident yesterday. They had 2 TT17s floating on the ceiling with the dealerships logo on them. Inflated to 17". I almost wanted to ask for them. One was tied to a desk, but the other was just floating by itself. I also saw 5 giant helium tanks too. I would have fun if I worked there.

Comment

• LoonlYlonner

i love them so much because they are big and a b2p is done almost fast.
                        And their huge necks are pure pleasure
                        Sometimes i do b2p alone but the majority of them where b2p races betwen me and my girfriend. Yes i also tried out to b2p in the train and in a store but the store owner got angry and i didnt repeated it.
                        At Mc Donalds i used the Mc Donald balloons. I did it while there was a birthday party and so there where so many balloonpops they didnt care about me. And i left the shreds as well but usually i pick them up. Yes many people plug there ears when the balloonneck started to be inflated. Mostly the men dont plug there ears like they dont want to look scared XD
                        The reacions are very different. Some people where extremly shocked other people walk by like nothing happened. One time me and my girfriend did a b2p race with some tt17 in a trainstation and it was so a loud bang! A police officer came over and asked if that was a gun. He was extremly mad at me ! And i told him that this was a balloon. He was shouting at me that this isnt allowed and he took my other 3 tt17s away
                        Yes that sounds like a shop i want to be now it would be great to have some fun with those tt17s and the tanks.

Comment

• Black_Bear
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by LoonlYlonner
                          i love them so much because they are big and a b2p is done almost fast.
                          And their huge necks are pure pleasure
                          Sometimes i do b2p alone but the majority of them where b2p races betwen me and my girfriend. Yes i also tried out to b2p in the train and in a store but the store owner got angry and i didnt repeated it.
                          At Mc Donalds i used the Mc Donald balloons. I did it while there was a birthday party and so there where so many balloonpops they didnt care about me. And i left the shreds as well but usually i pick them up. Yes many people plug there ears when the balloonneck started to be inflated. Mostly the men dont plug there ears like they dont want to look scared XD
                          The reacions are very different. Some people where extremly shocked other people walk by like nothing happened. One time me and my girfriend did a b2p race with some tt17 in a trainstation and it was so a loud bang! A police officer came over and asked if that was a gun. He was extremly mad at me ! And i told him that this was a balloon. He was shouting at me that this isnt allowed and he took my other 3 tt17s away
                          Yes that sounds like a shop i want to be now it would be great to have some fun with those tt17s and the tanks.
                          Do you ever get comments on the size of the balloon? Or why you are doing a b2p? Do people ever notice how they shred when they pop? Tt17s can really sired so they suck cleaning up! I can b2p outside, but haven't really done a public one yet. So just getting an idea of what to expect.
                          When you did it in McDonalds the pop should of been louder than the rest. No one got mad? Did the Police Officer at the train station say it was on purpose? Balloons can pop by accident.
                          You said a shop owner, but what type of shop was it?

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎