X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loonatic
    Balloons + Feet
    • Apr 2016

Home Balloon Decor?

I'm a graphic designer and I'm always amazed and a bit envious of the balloon designers who get to create fantastic art installations with balloons, such as GERONIMO Balloons, Katie Balloons, etc (maybe that's my calling? but I digress).

On to my real question, have any of you thought of or even successfully found a way to display/decorate your homes with balloons? I don't mean with just balloons lying around or from a party but as like actually integrated balloons into your home design/decor?

I'm about to get married and my fiancée (who adores balloons, but not in any sexual/fetish way) have talked about possibly using balloons as a decoration staple once we move into our home. I thought of using the foil letter balloons to spell out our last name or spelling out 'HOME', or creating a balloon wreath, or just some sort of balloon garland to decorate with until we decide to switch it out for another design. I think it would be a whimsical/fun way to display our balloon love without just having balloons sprawled about the place and people judging us/thinking we're strange.

Does anyone else have any ideas or experience with decorating your home with balloons, or has anyone even thought of doing this at all? Just curious
  • b0f0s0f
    • Nov 2016

Re: Home Balloon Decor?

I think it would be hard to do without making your home perpetually look like a party just ended, especially after a few days when the balloons would start to deflate. Your best bet would probably be to have clusters of balloons arranged in places you might otherwise have flowers in a vase, or to string them together and suspend them from the walls. Either way, people are still going to raise questions as balloons are seen as decorations for special occasions, like if you had a Christmas tree in your house year round. If they ask just say your wife loves balloons; I think it's more socially acceptable for women to like balloons (like flowers and such) than men, and with that excuse most people probably won't pursue it further.

Congratulations on your marriage though! You're lucky to find a girl who likes balloons so much.

Comment

• Loonatic
      Balloons + Feet
      • Apr 2016

Re: Home Balloon Decor?

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
      I think it would be hard to do without making your home perpetually look like a party just ended, especially after a few days when the balloons would start to deflate. Your best bet would probably be to have clusters of balloons arranged in places you might otherwise have flowers in a vase, or to string them together and suspend them from the walls. Either way, people are still going to raise questions as balloons are seen as decorations for special occasions, like if you had a Christmas tree in your house year round. If they ask just say your wife loves balloons; I think it's more socially acceptable for women to like balloons (like flowers and such) than men, and with that excuse most people probably won't pursue it further.

Congratulations on your marriage though! You're lucky to find a girl who likes balloons so much.
      Good point! I didn't even think of that. We would have to keep them inflated somehow or just keep replacing them. I like the cluster of balloons idea, thank you for that! Could use mini clusters with 5" balloons or something else small.

We did talk about adding a few little things we found that look like balloons around as an alternative if the actual balloons didn't work. Just bookends that look like balloon animals, lights shaped like loons, art prints I've designed, etc. Thanks for your input!!

And thank you so much! We're both so excited, and I'm grateful that she does enjoy balloons! I haven't been able to really enjoy the full looning and popping experience with her since balloons aren't a sexual thing for her, I'm mostly just so grateful that she accepts and loves my fetish (both my balloon fetish and my foot fetish) and occasionally indulges me with what she’s comfortable, but I look forward to finally getting to explore the more intimate side with her more once we're married

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎