Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jb3593
    • Mar 2019

Re: Having fun inside climb in balloon

I have seen it done where people get in first and then blow up the balloons while inside.

If you can do this in the future, please take some pictures, or a video if you can. I would love to see that!

Comment

• stormbubble
      • Nov 2017

haven't tried it again in awhile, those climb in balloons are like twenty bucks. It's a nice closed in feeling.

Comment

• stormbubble
        • Nov 2017

any ideas on other inflatables or what else to put inside?

Comment

• jb3593
          • Mar 2019

Ahh. I have a few climb in balloons and a collection of small balloons, and I plan to try it sometime in the near future. When you did it, did you have an external air supply for breathing? I plan to lay inside for a while and vacuum the air out.

Comment

• stormbubble
            • Nov 2017

I bought one of those wifi electrical plugs with a button and so I can turn my air pump on and off from inside the balloon...as long as I have that and stay close to the opening I've been good every time. It's a bit difficult to manage getting in and out but it's not that much of a struggle. I'm just not sure what to do after filling it up, sucking the air out and then inflating it back.

Comment

• stormbubble
              • Nov 2017

It's a pretty good system now as described above. The only thing I struggle with is at the the opening...I guess I need some heavy rubber bands or something to tie it off while I'm inside...I have the remote so I can get fresh air at the press of a button...but trying to hold it shut is tough and air escapes...even when turning the lip inside.

Comment

• stormbubble
                • Nov 2017

Good idea, thanks. I'd like to try a climb in balloon that is color black sometime...I had a purple one but didn't look it over before I tried it and it had a darn hole in it.

Comment

• jb3593
                  • Mar 2019

Have you tried entering the balloon empty and then blowing up the smaller balloons? It seems like it would be difficult getting in after filling the balloon up with smaller balloons. Also, what inflator/vacuum do you use? I was going to pick up one of Walmart's finest $30 wet/dry vacuums to use but wet/dry vacuums will let air out if the hose isn't plugged and the direction of flow would have to be switched around manually. I know some videos depict people using air from a larger balloon to breathe but that doesn't sound like a sustainable way to breathe long term.
                  Usually when I am done with balloons, especially smaller balloons I just clip them at the neck and discard them. If it is a larger balloon, I try to tie it off with a binder clip or something similar so I can reuse it but smaller balloons are so cheap that it costs very minimal to replenish my supply.

Comment

• stormbubble
                    • Nov 2017

lol, oh i enter the balloon empty and the blow up a ton of balloons to fill it up. Yeah it would be very difficult to enter it full of balloons! I just have an inflator i picked up online, it's a bit slow...but it has a hose...so with my remote switch it's the best setup i've had so far. It does have a switch to vacuum the air up too, but you have to switch the hose input.

That's interesting, so they blow up a larger balloon inside and breathe from that while letting the large balloon air out?

Comment

• jb3593
                      • Mar 2019

Yeah, the person in the balloon has a hose attached to a large balloon and they breathe out of that balloon. I would worry about the balloon deflating, or running out of air. I take it you don't keep the balloon deflated for long periods of time, or you have a hose going outside? I would love to see your setup if you choose to share it. I've only been planning myself doing it by faceless people's videos.

Comment

• stormbubble
                        • Nov 2017

I just try to improve upon it each time I do it. Items: climb in balloon, pump with hose, remote switch (really cheap), pocket knife if you want to take it in with you, smaller balloons, now adding something to tie it off inside.

I start with the uninflated balloons, I push the smaller ones inside...start inflating...getting in can still be a challenge...get inside and inflate the smaller balloons until full...I stay close to the opening anyways so yes, if I deflate it or even use the pump to squeeze it, i'm still near the opening and have access to air, even if it gets quite warm inside....inflate it back up and still plenty of air. Getting out can be like a rebirth as well...lol...but some effort and no problem. I've never tried getting back into it with the smaller balloons, I usually just pop it. I suppose I could try.

Comment

• jb3593
                          • Mar 2019

I would at least try to salvage the climb in balloon if nothing else. What I've done in the past with larger (not climb in) balloons when I am done is re-inflate it and open the neck as large as I can and let the smaller balloons out and discard them until the larger balloon is empty ready for next time. Do you try to position yourself towards the center of the balloon with small balloons above and below or do you lay towards the bottom?

Comment

• stormbubble
                            • Nov 2017

so far towards the bottom, but was always trying to keep the neck closed...so if I tie it maybe I can work on a different strategy and move around some. Well I do use some larger balloons so they won't come out...I do have some 12 inch ones this time I could use to fill it.

Comment

• stormbubble
                              • Nov 2017

Well darn, didn't check my last one and it had a hole in it. Tried again yesterday and this one was too thin and I kicked right through it with my foot. I need a good source in the United States to get these climb ins. I've wasted $50.

Comment

• jb3593
                                • Mar 2019

Where did you order your balloons from? I purchased some from Aliexpress. They are about $17 a piece which isn't that expensive and they don't appear to have any holes or rough edges. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32988217191.html

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎