Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marja
    • Apr 2024

Looner slip of the tongues

Have you ever had a looner slip of the tongue?

I mean that you said something from which people might conclude that you are a looner or at least think different about balloons than most people do. And what was there response?

This question came to my mind after I had such a slip of the tongue at work. During lunch with my colleagues we were chatting about children's parties getting more and more expensive and excessive. At a certain moment I made a remark that "blow to pop wedstrijdjes" (blow to pop contests) always do well at parties. "What do you mean?" asked a colleague. At that moment I realized I used the English (looner) term without giving context. So I told them (in Dutch) "I mean a contest where everyone inflates a balloon until it bursts". Luckily this triggered reactions of liking and disliking this suggestion, soon followed by more suggestions. But until the next lunch I have been scared that someone comes back to that slip of the tongue and asked me how I called that contest before.
  • b0f0s0f
    • Nov 2016

Re: Looner slip of the tongues

I haven't actually done it but I've definitely thought about this sort of thing before, and worry about doing it accidentally. I generally try to avoid talking about balloons around others because I'm worried I'll say something that will make them suspicious.

Comment

• Chris Rock
      • Mar 2017

During a party some years ago, a work colleague (girl) was playing around with some balloons in a sofa with other 2 colleagues. They were deflating balloons and breathing the helium to get a funny voice tone. She used to like one of the guys sitting next to her and at that point of the night and after being a bit drunk and getting fun with the balloons and helium, she started making sexy poses with the balloons, laughing and presing them against her boobs, legs and even against her vagina like simulating sex. All being sat at the sofa. I was hoping to see a sit to pop or a balloons touching her nice butt at least hehe but it never happened. Being impulsive as part of the moment, I said her that playing sexually with balloons was a fetish called looning. She said "what??... What's that? How do you know that?". I immediately realized she might suspect if I continue the talking about it, so I said I saw it in a Discovery Channel TV show called Taboo (and it was true too) and changed the subject of the talking. It's not the first time BTW that something like this happens...

Comment

• Seidenki
        • Dec 2016

I've surprised people with my knowledge about balloon brands. And that sizes larger than 12" exist and are easily available.

Comment

• AnotherLooner
          • May 2017

I'm not sure I have had a slip of the tongue. There was a time where a then friend of mine started talking about this thing called a 'balloon fetish'. First confusion from others, but continuing with the fact it's "a pretty cheap fetish" and "easy to get your fix" concluding that he'd be down for being a looner if he was.
          I just nodded and talked like it was the first time I heard about it.
          If something did accidentally slip out, I'd probably be able to recover from it easy since I'm the one with random knowledge in the group.
          Cheers,
          Rick

Comment

• BusterBill
            Founder, Balloon Buddies
            • Nov 2016

I totally don't understand everyone's sense of guilt and embarrassment and shame. What is there to fear? Are you afraid of being judged or mocked or thought to be perverted? Get a yourselves a healthy dose of self esteem and stop cowering under your heavy burden of senseless guilt. The truth is that other people really don't care what your fetishes are. They might be briefly fascinated upon learning that you find balloons arousing but they will soon (too soon in my experience) turn the topic of conversation to themselves. Unless they are that exceedingly rare individual who wants to please you in a way that you've fantasized. Once in a while life can bring delightful surprises to those who don't hide behind a wall of shame.

Comment

• LoonLover1999

Not everybody wants to fess up about something so secret. When the time is right and the person is willing they will.

It is natural to be nervous, trust me I speak from experience. You often will think of the reprocussions of telling your secret. If you werent nervous I gotta say you got balls as I think almost everybody was sweating bullets when they owned up about their fetish.

Comment

• marja

It is not that my fetish is a secret, not at all!
                And I agree Buster, that it is very good (at some stages) to open up about your interests!
                I am fine that my friends know about my fetish and to them I am very open about it. However, my colleagues don't have to know! I also don't know their sexual preferences and I don't want to know!

Comment

• BusterBill
                  Founder, Balloon Buddies
                  • Nov 2016

I may have expressed myself poorly since some think I am advocating that you wear a looner t-shirt and annonce your private sexual interests to the world. I'm totally not suggesting that anyone advertise their fetish or make it a point of general conversation. In fact I don't think your sexual interests something that it's necessary to reveal.

My comments were directed to the effects on your mental health of feeling that you need to hide your fetish from the world at any cost. I detect an unhealthy amount of guilt and fear of being ""found out" among many looners. In discussions with scores of looners over the years I've learned that many folks have such an intense fear of being thought abnormal that they go to crazy extremes to hide their fetish and can also be consumed by feelings of self loathing.

First of all, you are entirely normal - - fetishes of all sorts are a common human occurrence. And second, you are fortunate to have a huge community of supportive fellow looners to help you be guilt-free. There is simply no concrete basis to fear a "slip of the tongue".

Comment

• b0f0s0f
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BusterBill
                    First of all, you are entirely normal - - fetishes of all sorts are a common human occurrence. And second, you are fortunate to have a huge community of supportive fellow looners to help you be guilt-free. There is simply no concrete basis to fear a "slip of the tongue".
                    Sorry but I can't agree with this. In an ideal world it would be true and amongst people I know better I would be more comfortable about being outed, but with people you don't personally know very well there's no way to know how they'll react.

Even though fetishes are normal and any informed person shouldn't think much of them, you never know whether someone who doesn't know anything about them might spin it up some weird way in their head and think you're a pervert or a freak. Worse yet, someone who doesn't like you could capitalize off these sexually uneducated folks and use it as ammunition to humiliate you, and people who don't have fetishes do find sexual fetishism to be odd. There's just no knowing what could happen if people get ahold of such sensitive, private information.

It's like homosexuality. Any sane and reasonable person shouldn't give a fuck about homosexuality since it's normal and frankly almost everyone where I live is blasé about it. However, that doesn't mean there aren't shitty people who will try to paint it as something evil or negative, or use it against you in some way. My fetishes make me 100% sympathize with and understand the difficulty that gay people face in terms of hiding their feelings and being afraid to come out of the closet.

Honestly if you live somewhere progressive like me, nobody cares at all about homosexuality because it's an everyday thing to interact with "out" gay people. Sexual fetishism isn't the same way, there aren't campaigns about tolerance and acceptance pertaining to things like balloon fetishes the way there are with homosexuality.

Comment

• marja

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
                      It's like homosexuality. Any sane and reasonable person shouldn't give a fuck about homosexuality since it's normal and frankly almost everyone where I live is blasé about it. However, that doesn't mean there aren't shitty people who will try to paint it as something evil or negative, or use it against you in some way. My fetishes make me 100% sympathize with and understand the difficulty that gay people face in terms of hiding their feelings and being afraid to come out of the closet.

Honestly if you live somewhere progressive like me, nobody cares at all about homosexuality because it's an everyday thing to interact with "out" gay people. Sexual fetishism isn't the same way, there aren't campaigns about tolerance and acceptance pertaining to things like balloon fetishes the way there are with homosexuality.
                      I don't agree with that point. I think that for politicians the violence against homosexuals and discrimination against them are the main problems. The awareness campaigns aim at reducing these problems, by trying to let general audience accept homosexuality.

As a looner I don't have experience with violence or discrimination. People may make fun of looner videos on youtube. But that is only their limited mind.
                      Balloons are "just" some kind of sex toy for me. And I actually don't want to know what "strange'' things' others use as sex toys. But I had a partner who liked something "odd", I would try it (as long as it doesn't harm myself).

When I am walking at sunny boulevard in the summer and people sell scarfs there, I might look at them and buy one. Just because they suit well to my outfit. If someone else buys one because he or she has a scarf fetish, I am fine with that. I don't see the difference between them and me at that moment. Only at home you can find out the difference.
                      If I walk hand in hand or start kissing with a girl or guy makes a big difference on the same boulevard, sadly enough...

To summarize: the problems for homosexuals are much bigger than for fetishists. That's why the government campaigns focus on them.

Comment

• Casey88
                        lukmanrewa
                        • Jun 2012

Im not sure many people are very open minded these days.

Try carrying/holding a balloon and walk around a mall or in the city centre (without a kid) and you will notice their eyes staring at you as if you are carrying something weird. Happens to me all the time, but I dont give a F*** anyways.
                        Last edited by Casey88; 04-06-2017, 08:22.

Comment

• Chris Rock
                          • Mar 2017

I bought 2 beachballs yesterday. Here we are close to winter and it's cold. The guy who sold them to me was looking at me all the time like if he knew exactly what was going on and those beachballs destiny haha. Poker face of course but it made me feel very uncomfortable after all. I don't think people would understand this fetish if they knew or at least they will look at me in the same way ever again. Think how would you act or feel If you knew a friend, parent, client or associate liked to play sex games like farting in other people's face, sit on cakes or meal, pee or smell poop or other weird fetishes that for them are like riding beachballs / balloons for me... Come on, it's impossible to talk about this and pretend no one will care or will support us like if it were normal just because it's to us.
                          Last edited by Chris Rock; 04-06-2017, 18:05.

Comment

• Chris Rock
                            • Mar 2017

They can pretend it's ok because they may love you but there's a big difference in accepting it like a "normal" thing, because it's not and they will always know it. If you can live with it and it doesn't care a fuck about it, I'm very glad for you, but things in real world and society are very far from the point of view of some of you.

Comment

• Micks101
                              • Jan 2017

Like I mentioned in another post, I am by no means ashamed of my fetish but like all types of sexuality, I believe it's a private thing that should be experienced and enjoyed by individuals and their partners, the wider public does not really need to know!

I remember being in a conversation with a group of people, one of them a girl I was really attracted to. She brought up a story where she was watching a show about a guy who likes balloons. The group just laughed but I saw the way she smiled about it - she looked like she was curious. At least that's what I saw :P I said 'wonder if there are many of them around', to which she responded 'meh, each to their own, whatever floats your boat'. Attraction level increased ten fold as well as the colour of my face :P

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎