Old 19-09-2018, 10:24 PM

Nonpop25 is on a distinguished road
Default Not Alone!!
So happy that I found this site and found out I am not alone in my balloon fetish!! I'm a 25 year old non popper and am so happy to find this community!! Would love to chat to some other looners to talk to!!

I've always been ashamed of my love of balloons but now that I know I'm not alone I'm going to celebrate and take a long weekend to celebrate and get some large balloons and helium balloons
Old 20-09-2018, 01:59 AM

LoonLover1999 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Not Alone!!
Ok I’m usually a quiet guy on here. Just read and don’t reply but this is a special case.

First off welcome to the forum. Second off I can understand the whole I thought I was the only one thing. The balloon fetish is among the fewer known fetishes so it’s hard to come by unless you know what to look for.

Finally, never be ashamed. It’s the way you are and you can’t control what the body desires. That is what separates us from other people. Only a Looner can understand the mindset of another person with a balloon fetish which creates the whole image of being wierd. Your among friends now who are the exact same or very similar.

Got any questions about the fetish don’t be afraid to talk to me in private because you are going through exactly what I wasn’t feeling wise before I found this forum.
Old 20-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Seasidelad is on a distinguished road
I had a similar experience thought it must be me until one day looking on line whilst looking for balloon content I found a balloon fetish discussion site like this one and realised there are people all over the earth the same.

I recently joined here as this has more active members and plenty of new topics.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:24 AM

MetroBalloon is on a distinguished road
Welcome, and yes, the fetish is not all that known.

There are plenty of videos on youtube you can watch, though.

Would you like to talk?
Old 05-10-2018, 02:20 PM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
Imagine getting into it all back.in the mid to late 80's before the internet or social media..... Back then you literally was alone unless you personally knew someone else into the scene.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:28 PM

BusterBill is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by craggy2012 View Post
Imagine getting into it all back.in the mid to late 80's before the internet or social media..... Back then you literally was alone unless you personally knew someone else into the scene.

Before the 80's we had The Balloon Buddies pen pal correspondence group which at its peak reached over 3,000 looners around the world.

The group began in 1976 using listings in the personals advert section of adult magazines to find people. There was even a quarterly newsletter featuring member-contributed stories. Then in late 80's came AOL, Compuserve, Prodigy, and several other pre-Internet services that featured email listservers, online chat rooms, and bulletin boards that were precursors to browser—based forums such as this one. But because computer access was expensive, the number of people with access was very small compared to today's universal ability of everyone to use the Internet.

Interestly, the opening page of the Balloon Buddies first web site, which went online in 1995, featured an animation which asked the question "Bet you thought you were the only one, didn't you?" The original balloonbuddies.com site is probably still accessible at the Internet Archive at web.archive.org

Last edited by BusterBill; 05-10-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:51 PM

Just another historical note - - after the first commercially available latex balloons became available in mid or late 1800's Victorian England, there were mentions of balloon fetishists in literature of the period.

Young students at Oxford and Cambridge schools wrote about this fascinating new means of attaining arousal and orgasm. They talked about their experiences in a most innocent way, really just expressing wonder and curiousity about how a simple latex toy could be so erotic.

I've lost my photocopies of the Victorian stories. They were sent to me years ago by a fellow looner who was a scholar of Victorian literature. The copies were made on some kind of copy machine whose ink faded away, leaving me with yellowed, fragile, brittle blank paper.

Anyway I think it's fascinating to know that our fetish goes all the way back to the beginning of the latex balloon in the 1800's.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:25 PM

BlueYoshi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BusterBill View Post
Anyway I think it's fascinating to know that our fetish goes all the way back to the beginning of the latex balloon in the 1800's.
Thatís fascinating. That doesnít seem to be common knowledge. Iím kind of glad itís not ó imagine parents being reluctant to give balloons to kids because it could cause ďimmoral behaviorĒ or some bull. That would be depressing.

Iím probably reading into it too much, though ó itís still an interesting historical factoid.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:45 PM

Smile Re: Not Alone!!
Originally Posted by BlueYoshi View Post
That’s fascinating. That doesn’t seem to be common knowledge. I’m kind of glad it’s not — imagine parents being reluctant to give balloons to kids because it could cause “immoral behavior” or some bull. That would be depressing.

I’m probably reading into it too much, though — it’s still an interesting historical factoid.
Yep, I think you're overthinking it. There are far more feet, shoe and panty fetishists in the world than there are looners, but no one is advocating that kids must go barefoot and without underware because they fear their kids will turn into pervy shoe lovers dressed in Victoria Secret lace. ��

Last edited by BusterBill; 05-10-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:01 PM

ThatOneLooner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BusterBill View Post
Just another historical note - - after the first commercially available latex balloons became available in mid or late 1800's Victorian England, there were mentions of balloon fetishists in literature of the period.

Young students at Oxford and Cambridge schools wrote about this fascinating new means of attaining arousal and orgasm. They talked about their experiences in a most innocent way, really just expressing wonder and curiousity about how a simple latex toy could be so erotic.

I've lost my photocopies of the Victorian stories. They were sent to me years ago by a fellow looner who was a scholar of Victorian literature. The copies were made on some kind of copy machine whose ink faded away, leaving me with yellowed, fragile, brittle blank paper.

Iíd love to read that if you could find it. Thatís pretty amazing, and yet honestly not even really surprising. Itís a really fun and harmless fetish to have!