Old 09-09-2018, 08:50 AM

scuba is on a distinguished road
Default What is the biggest amount of helium ballloons you have played with ?
As you proberly know helium is very expensive here in Denmark. So helium balloons are not so common here.
But one time i bought tree foil helium balloons in a flower shop at valentines day.
They where fun, but i donīt get the same kick out of them as latex balloons
My question to you who live in the part of the world is: Have you ever blown a huge number of helium balloons and played with them and how did it feel?
Old 09-09-2018, 10:16 AM

Seasider is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is the biggest amount of helium ballloons you have played with ?
I once brought home a dozen red and yellow helium filled balloons (with string and plastic valves) from a restaurant called la Tasca. My wife thought I was made but it was great having the back of the car filled! We got home and we suck the helium out of some and I played with the rest and then deflated them and added them to my collection!!
Old 09-09-2018, 10:57 AM

PraxThePraxel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is the biggest amount of helium ballloons you have played with ?
I went to Party City and had something like 16 or so Q24s filled with helium. That's the most helium balloons I've had.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg balloons1.jpg (77.3 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg balloons2.jpg (87.7 KB, 111 views)
Old 09-09-2018, 11:19 AM

balloons4life is on a distinguished road
Looks awesome, wish I could have that many big helium balloons one day! Must've been a ton of fun!
Old 09-09-2018, 11:48 AM

scuba is on a distinguished road
Wow Prax that looks awsome. I wish that it was as easy to get latex helium balloons here in Denmark
Old 09-09-2018, 12:21 PM

Seasider is on a distinguished road
Those are awesome and my favourite blue colour!!
Old 09-09-2018, 11:34 PM

RickStreets23 is on a distinguished road
Bringing balloons to party city just for helium is such a great idea. Never thought that was possible. How did you ask them? Im really intrested now and i cant stop thinking about this.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by RickStreets23 View Post
Bringing balloons to party city just for helium is such a great idea. Never thought that was possible. How did you ask them? Im really intrested now and i cant stop thinking about this.
The Party City near me actually stocks some sort of 24" balloon (can't remember the brand), and as such also offers fill-ups for it.

HOWEVER

You don't have to use their 24" balloons. They have predetermined pricing for 24" balloons. Even if your balloon is a Qualatex 24" balloon, and definitely fills up bigger than 24". :3 Or even if your 24" balloon is bigger than the ones that they stock.

All you have to do, is bring your balloons, and some CLIPS (otherwise they will just knot the balloon shut), and tell them you need your 24" (or whatever size you have) balloon filled up. I think they do up to 36", but don't quote me on that. Then you just follow them to where they fill the balloons up, and let them know when to stop. (Any balloons you bring will behave differently than theirs when inflating. They have to rely on you to tell them when enough is enough.)

Also, at the place I go to, the staff love me because the balloons I bring are way better quality than the ones they usually work with, and they also have love the fact that I bring clips (it saves their fingers from having to painfully tie all the balloons I bring).

I wouldn't advise asking them to inflate the balloon until it necks though.

But yeah, they are more than happy to fill your balloons.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:02 AM

Tath is on a distinguished road
I had a date over to play a few weeks ago and rented a 110 cubic ft helium tank. I managed to get about 24 full Tuf-tex 24" balloons filled up knocking around the top of the room and then a floor full of other 24" and 36" Tuf-tex.

It was a tight squeeze, in a good way. Rainbow and kaleidoscopic. I've got some photos if I could figure out how to post them.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tath View Post
I had a date over to play a few weeks ago and rented a 110 cubic ft helium tank. I managed to get about 24 full Tuf-tex 24" balloons filled up knocking around the top of the room and then a floor full of other 24" and 36" Tuf-tex.

It was a tight squeeze, in a good way. Rainbow and kaleidoscopic. I've got some photos if I could figure out how to post them.
As I mentioned above, I had 16 inflated, but I was thinking about renting a tank. How much did yours cost, and how many balloons could it fill max ?

I'm hoping to do a massive balloon and inflatable session, with many, many helium balloons. To point where there are two layers of balloons between me and the ceiling, and the floor cannot be seen. Mix of 24 and 36-inch balloons.