Old 27-08-2018, 08:33 AM

Riftwing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Musings of a PVC looner for the forthcoming summer of 2018
I found one of those Sunnylife flamingos online for around 50 - expensive, but not outside the realm of possibility, so I figured I would snap it up! I'm looking forward to giving it a try.
Old 27-08-2018, 04:45 PM

jimbob59 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EthylTheAardvark View Post
The internet is definitely where it's at for buying inflatable toys these days, although it seems like Google and Amazon go out of their way to prevent you from seeing what might be had in other countries. If you're looking for something specific, using Google's Image Search with specific inflatable keywords might help find you something interesting.

It wasn't too hard to get inflatableworld.de to work with me on a toy. If you have some ideas you want to make happen and Google Image Search comes up dry, I'd be happy to give you some pointers on the process and how to approach them. I wasn't asking for much, though, just wanted to get some toys made. The fox Ride-On I worked with Rawr on seems like one of their big sellers if their "top sellers" list is anything to go by. Rawr did most of the heavy lifting on that one, though -- I just told him I wanted a fox ride-on similar to the old intex ones, and his first concept drawing is pretty much what we went with.

It sounds like inflatableworld's shiny toys would be right up your alley, if you haven't checked them out yet. Their vinyl is soft and supple, smells great and has no printing on it. They can somewhat expensive, but a lot less so than a full custom toy.
Hello. Can you actually order custom toys from IW.de? Like get a small number made(i.e. 5). Also, do you happen to know if they restock toys or one they're out, you can't get them? I'm interested in a shiny cheetah and shiny bear but I can't see them on the website anymore. Are there any other websites where you can order a small number of nice inflatables(big, soft material), like inflatableworld? Phenod is a bit expensive for me
Old 28-08-2018, 12:36 PM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Thud Joe View Post
Looking at those nice shiny inflatables, the glow of absolute bliss filled my body, the first thing my hands grabbed on to was the huge luxe inflatable flamingo float. The one that was on display was a rose gold colour. Dug my nails in and that plastic squeeked like heaven, my eyes darted all over the place, oh, what is the price, what is the price?

Check out those pics below, this was definitely 100% phthalate based plastic. I had an immediate erection. But at a hundred dollars a pop, no thanks.

http://imgbox.com/lAnZedKM

http://imgbox.com/dErYm1uB
I've sat on these in the store. It gets a lot of bug-eye looks from people, as I'm really big, but I smile and laugh as if it's totally normal for an adult to sit on these things in the store and people kinda see the humor of it. And when I get off of it they continue to look at the float, like "omg it didn't pop!" LOL

There's a hefty youtuber that has had inflatables in a few of her videos. I sometimes wonder if she's one of us. In one of her videos she sits on one of these swan floats in a store. She's tall and might be my partner's size, and you don't appreciate how big that is until you see her next to an ordinary size person.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GlitterAndLazers/videos

Last edited by heaviest; 28-08-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 28-08-2018, 12:48 PM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Thud Joe View Post
this intex inflatable ring

http://imgbox.com/IvQ2gpRY

uugghhhh!, it was the crappy matt finish canvas shit.
The 36 inch version of this is a soft, matte vinyl. It stretches a lot, which is fun, but it isn't sturdy. I like putting some of my weight on one side of it and then leaning into the bulging part with a hand or elbow to stretch the vinyl and create a thin bubble. The vinyl turns lighter when it stretches a lot, and it doesn't fully recover, so you get wrinkles in the fully inflated ring once the bubbles have recovered as much as they are going to recover.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:10 AM

Big Thud Joe is on a distinguished road
Inflatable big thudder fat bat / inflatable stool

Well.... this is kind of my latest looning venture that one is looking into. Always fantasized about something akin to an inflatable bat, but much fatter, almost what looks like in some ways as a huge door knob..

Again I've put a quote request out onto alibaba and things at this stage look promising. I'm working with Shangrao Shuangyu Industrial who can do 500 pcs for US2.800. I still have to nail down final costs such as shipping and import duties.

I'm around six foot, so when fully inflated, this thing will come up to above my waist. It's going to be around three foot high and about 16 inches wide with a 20 inch base. Again I'm looking at 0.15mm gloss phthalate pvc.

If this comes off, I'll definitely been in looners heaven. I can't wait for the warmer days to come during the Sydney summer. I have this continual urge to be digging my feet (with my thongs) into these, feeling that new shiny pvc squeak away; total bliss.

It also occured to me that they are those on here who enjoy sitting on beach balls, and that the size would pretty much also make this thing double as an inflatable stool that could be boinked and whatever.

Anyway here is a video direct from my 3D drawing application showing its shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWPj19Uk3nE

At this point I'm explaining what phthalate PVC is to the guy, which seems to be the last hurdle (which is also throwing somewhat of a doubt on this), so I've sent him some info, so hopefully he can make sense of it. If all falls through, I'll try some of the other recommended manufacturers above in this thread. We'll see how we go. :P

Just to elaborate further on the colours, the top section will be white, with the sides black, the upper portion of the bottom section white, with the base black, all using gloss PVC with gloss printing.

Here's a rough picture on what I expect the finished inflatable to look like.

Last edited by Big Thud Joe; 09-09-2018 at 12:17 AM.