Old 16-01-2012, 01:33 AM

lonelylooner is on a distinguished road
Default balloons and relationships
hey everyone
I think a very interesting and important topic for us looners is the idea of introducing balloons into relationships.

just wanted to know, if anyone has any experiences in coming out with their partners? if so how did you do it? how did they accept it? it would be great to hear some encouraging stories
Old 17-01-2012, 11:39 PM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: balloons and relationships
I can't vouch for bringing balloons into a relationship, but my partner and I both regularly enjoy using vinyl inflatables.

I had to 'fess up' and explain to her a few years back my inflatable fetish as we'd been dating for two years or so and at that time were shortly going to move in together.
I didn't want to throw out some of my inflatable fetish items that cost a fair amount of money to buy. The problem was how n when would be the best time to tell her. Lookily she's broad minded and likes to experiment so I felt it would be okay to tell her although I was still a nervous wreck when I did!

I remember one night asking her to take a peek in my overnight bag- inside I'd packed a large Intex jumbo beach ball.

She slowly pulled it out and initially looked blank at me before quietly asking what the hell did I want 'us' to do with that?
I cheekily replied I'm taking you over it!
She actually just laughed it off- before saying your being serious arn't you?

In short we went off upstairs, blew it up, she rolled ontop of it for a while saying she actually liked it alot and in the end we got down to the 'nitty gritty' over and ontop of it and we've never looked back since really.

She just thinks I'm a kinky, naughty b'stard! But she's actually fully accepted and enjoys them. She know's pvc and inflatables gets me going and we both benefit from that as a result.
Importantly they don't actually dominate our lives or our relationship- but we certainly do make regular use of them together in both the bedroom and occasionally- even in the back of the car when we can- because it's naughty (her words) and we both get a massive buzz out of it or more to do with actually the risk of getting caught I suppose? Upto now though we haven't, fortunately.

Now we own various large beach balls (48, 60 and 72 inchers) along with ride on whales, loungers, an inflatable 3 man dinghy which we use regularly for mild bondage sessions (the oarlocks and rope eyelets make great restraining points) and we also own two vinyl inflatable enclosure suits.

Balloons are out though- Sadly she's allergic to latex and also hates loud, unexpected pops and bangs which really freak her out. Luckily though she's more than happy with inflatables so were both very happy as a result.
Old 26-09-2012, 01:41 AM

Jim is on a distinguished road
That would be the least of my concerns.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:57 PM

LMC,romanov79 is on a distinguished road
Think it was the 4th date, when my bf and I had been batting around a blood red balloon with him. Then he stared a conversation about fetishes.
He said he wanted it to be in the open, as he liked me.
I said I was OK with that, as I myself had this same interests.
He seemed very relieved after our conversation, I assured him, be can be himself. Indulge when he needs to, and doesn't have to hide.

I do sometimes worry, since its a new relationship, that there is a possibility we may get too focused on that side of our relationship, and the regular vanilla stuff may get forgotten about. We are very close, and like to snuggle. But rarely have any vanilla physical activity, that comes only with our loons.

Last edited by LMC,romanov79; 09-06-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:48 PM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LMC,romanov79 View Post
Think it was the 4th date, when my bf and I had been batting around a blood red balloon with him. Then he stared a conversation about fetishes.
He said he wanted it to be in the open, as he liked me.
I said I was OK with that, as I myself had this same interests.
He seemed very relieved after our conversation, I assured him, be can be himself. Indulge when he needs to, and doesn't have to hide.

I do sometimes worry, since its a new relationship, that there is a possibility we may get too focused on that side of our relationship, and the regular vanilla stuff may get forgotten about. We are very close, and like to snuggle. But rarely have any vanilla physical activity, that comes only with our loons.
There's nothing saying you have to do vanilla stuff. If you both prefer fetish stuff, why not do that instead?
Old 11-06-2016, 01:43 PM

LMC,romanov79 is on a distinguished road
The vanilla stuff is important too?
Shouldn't there be some balance?
But how much is OK?
Do you I'm thinking too much, and worrying about nothing?
Thanks for advice
Old 11-06-2016, 03:53 PM

johnnyky27 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LMC,romanov79 View Post
The vanilla stuff is important too?
Shouldn't there be some balance?
But how much is OK?
Do you I'm thinking too much, and worrying about nothing?
Thanks for advice
Do whatever feels right for both of you, no rules, as long as you are both enjoying yourselves