Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baizelis
    • Feb 2015

Need some Help with inflating diffrent kinds of balloons

Hello, so long story short I've just bought diffrent kinds of big balloons, and since im pretty new to figurines and banners and a little bit intimidated by them ( by having little to none expierence on how to inflate them), I need you to help me with these questions:

1. Gummiwerk nose balloon. How do I inflate both the nose and the body correctly? I've read that at least with smaller figurine balloons, you first have to inflate the nose than the body. But how am i suppost to do it with a bigger version of the balloon? I've tried holding the body and directing air to nose, but it's next to impossible for me trying to hold the neck to my mouth with one hand and directing the air to the nose with my other hand. Help please? Also I've noticed three little places on the balloon, where the latex seems to be pinched together. ([IMG][/IMG])I've tried gently seperating it, but to no avail. Is this serious defect and could result in an unexpected pop or a harmless feature?

2. Cattex doll. Same question like with the nose balloon. How do I inflate this balloon correctly?

3. GL 1200 stuffing and how much durable is this balloon in general. Ok, so firstly the stuffing. What is the correct process of stuffing a GL 700 into a GL 1200? Lets say I've got uninflated 700 stuffed into 1200, and I start inflating the 700 till it's full and then I start inflating 1200 till it's also full. Is this method good, won't there be a danger for any of these balloons to pop whilst inflating because of the diffrence of pressure? I'm aiming to achieve something like this: [IMG][/IMG].
    Mine 1200 never seem to get so long only fat and about 60% of pic length. Also when inflating a new Gl, should I start from the end (how?) or it doesn't matter? ( Inflating it normaly seems to make the front fatter than the ending of the balloon).

Also a general question about inflating new balloons. Occasionally when I start inflating a new, stretched balloon with my pump, only one side of the balloon seems to inflate (doesn't matter if it's a round one or a gl). That's why I always have to inflate them a little bit with my mouth for the first time, before proceeding with my pump. Is this normal, that even stretched new balloons can inflate on one side?

Anyways, that's all the questions I can think of atm. Sorry for the wall of text and my bad grammar ( English is not my first language). If you cant understand something from my questions, i'll gladly try and clarify what I meant for you. Thanks for the answers!!
  • OverTheTop
    • Dec 2013

Re: Need some Help with inflating diffrent kinds of balloons

I've only had experience with GLs, but here's what I can offer:

For the first few inflations, try to inflate them from the far end (opposite the neck) first, squeezing all the air into the back to stretch it out. This helps make it more even (rather than thicker at one end) and longer when fully inflated. It also helps avoid pops because of the latex getting too thin at the neck end.

For stuffing, I've found what works best is to first nest the balloons (stick your GL500/700 or other balloon into the GL1200) and then inflate the outer balloon about halfway, while holding the necks together - then, inflate the inner balloon fully - this requires some skill, as you need to make sure that air is getting into the neck of the inner balloon, but not escaping from the neck of the outer balloon. This will also inflate the outer balloon, so make sure that you let some air out of the outer balloon if it's getting too tight.

Once both balloons are inflated to the point you like, you can close them off, either clipping both necks together or individually. Once you're done, deflate the inner balloon first, and then use the pressure in the outer balloon to help pull it out.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎