Old 29-12-2016, 01:54 AM

npratt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is the most over inflated balloon you've seen?
For me it was a long time ago, before most of you were born I'm going to guess, in some city in Italy I was passing through. People were walking around with these pear shaped helium balloons inflated 1cc short of bursting, seductively bobbing and wiggling at the ends of their strings. This was in the bad old days when balloon fetishism was in the deepest corners of the darkest closets, and I was with my father, the very last person I would want to know of my "interest". It was really tough pretending to ignore the show.
Old 29-12-2016, 02:23 AM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
I think the biggest I've seen (well watched) was that red 36inch round that model called Lexi blew to pop in one of her videos she made a decade ago or so..... the balloon was so big at the end she was struggling to get anymore air into it as there was nothing left of the neck for her to pinch hold of or get her lips around to inflat it further!
Old 29-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Seasider is on a distinguished road
There was a load tied to the railing outside my local costa coffee before Christmas. They're qualatex 11 inch helium filled with plastic valves and they were as tight as you could get. Nothing left in them. Inflated on a helium tank they get like that if you're not really paying attention on not used to inflating them.

I did go back in the evening and "liberated" all those that were left, I was quite pleased as I didn't have any Costa prints in my collection!
Old 04-01-2017, 03:31 PM

Regular Guy is on a distinguished road
The last situation with (really) overinflated balloons was quite long ago.

I was about 10, 11 or 12 years old and joined a Halloween party for kids that took place in my village.

The room was decorated with balloons, but they weren't orange and/or black or with an Halloween imprint, there were different promotional balloons.
Different colours, different sizes and different imprints.
The neck of every balloon was fully inflated.

I was scared and very, very fascinated at the same time.

Fortunately the party was some kind of a "disco" and there was loud music so a pop wouldn't seem that loud.
But surprisingly not even one balloon popped...

As I was very fascinated, it was difficult for me to keep my eyes away from all those beautiful tight, big, pear-shaped and long-necked balloons.
Still wondering if one or some of my friends noticed that...

I hardly couldn't think about everything else but the balloons all evening long and I really wanted to know who inflated or blew up those balloons that tight.

In retrospect, I think the teens (girls and boys from 15-17 or so), who were members of the youth organization that hosted the party, maybe could have had some kind of a challenge while decorating the room.

Or maybe one of the teens had a passion for balloons? Maybe one of the boys, maybe one of the girls?
Did the boys try to scare the girls? Or were the girls the daring inflators?
Was it a challenge between the boys? Was it a challenge between the girls?
Or did the boys challenge the girls or did the girls challenge the boys?

I will never know...

I really wanted to touch some of the balloons or hug them, but I always felt observed and didn't want to try...
Old 05-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Blown to bits

Vicci is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
There was a load tied to the railing outside my local costa coffee before Christmas. They're qualatex 11 inch helium filled with plastic valves and they were as tight as you could get. Nothing left in them. Inflated on a helium tank they get like that if you're not really paying attention on not used to inflating them.

I did go back in the evening and "liberated" all those that were left, I was quite pleased as I didn't have any Costa prints in my collection!
I've got loads of them, they're quite nice - my local Costa had some seriously over-inflated ones on sticks about a year ago, I asked if I could have some uninflated ones and she gave me a massive handful
Old 05-01-2017, 10:25 PM

Blue548 is on a distinguished road
Nice! Do you ever feel nervous about asking for balloons in public?
Old 06-01-2017, 05:15 PM

Seasider is on a distinguished road
One of the bits I enjoy most about having. Balloon fetish is getting freebie balloons whenever they are being handed out.

I love the thrill of getting different balloons and have never felt embarrassed about asking personally. I don't think most people think twice about balloons in the sense that we do having a fetish for them.

I worked in retail for many years and there was quite often balloon handouts taking place and it never ceased to amaze me how much adults, both male and female would love to get hold of balloons, especially if they are helium filled.

I have taken that experience into how I ask for balloons nowadays. We were in loch fyne restaurant about 3 months ago and when we walked in I noticed a Helium tank by the podium where staff stood. Next to it was a bag full of blue printed balloons with the plastic nozzles. After we finished (admittedly we had the kids with us) we already had 2 balloons helium filled, on the way out I asked the waitress if we could have a few uninflated balloons. She said yes no problem, got home in the end with 13!

I love the thrill of obtains balloons in normal everyday situations, don't know if anyone else gets the same feelings?
Old 06-01-2017, 07:06 PM

Pink Balloon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
I have taken that experience into how I ask for balloons nowadays. We were in loch fyne restaurant about 3 months ago and when we walked in I noticed a Helium tank by the podium where staff stood. Next to it was a bag full of blue printed balloons with the plastic nozzles. After we finished (admittedly we had the kids with us) we already had 2 balloons helium filled, on the way out I asked the waitress if we could have a few uninflated balloons. She said yes no problem, got home in the end with 13!

I love the thrill of obtains balloons in normal everyday situations, don't know if anyone else gets the same feelings?
I'll have to try that next time I'm at Red Robins, I'd love to have some advertisment balloons.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:04 AM
Expert Blower

Katielynn is on a distinguished road
While in high school, my friend Jackie, was the assistant manager of the floral department at the local supermarket. They did flower deliveries and balloon bouquets. Jackie felt strongly that customers get a good value and always overinflated the balloons. In fact, she required her new employees to overinflate balloons until they burst so she could show them how much more they can be filled than most people think.

I don't think she had a fetish, but she was fearless. I never saw her inflate one by mouth, but I would chat with her sometimes while she worked. She would routinely get 6-8" necks, tugging on the body so slightly to elongate it at the end. She would be engrossed in some story about a boy, or her homework or whatever and not paying attention to what she was doing. Inevitably there would be some ear-splitting POW! as an overinflated balloon burst next to her head, but I don't think she even flinched. There was always a collection of broken mouth piece rings around the base of the helium nozzle as she waited until she'd completed all the days orders before she cleaned up her mess. I don't think I could pick one specific balloon that was more overinflated, but I think hers were the biggest unintentionally.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:24 PM

Claire123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Katielynn View Post
While in high school, my friend Jackie, was the assistant manager of the floral department at the local supermarket. They did flower deliveries and balloon bouquets. Jackie felt strongly that customers get a good value and always overinflated the balloons. In fact, she required her new employees to overinflate balloons until they burst so she could show them how much more they can be filled than most people think.
Love this She sounds awesome! I wonder how the new employees felt having to do b2ps.

That reminds me of one more! When I was a kid, I was in a shop which gave out balloons and saw this employee being taken to the helium tank which was out back but was able to be seen from the shop floor.

I think he was new and was his first time tasked with the balloon inflating as he fumbled about for a while with the machine and then putting the balloon on it. I was able to watch him as he inflated a couple. Not sure what happened but after a few he didn't seem to stop quick enough and blew one right to bursting He looked a bit taken a back.

hown over to the helium tank in the corner and