Old 04-07-2015, 08:50 AM

Steve_inflator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Popping
Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
I blow to pop plastic bags, the clear thin ones stretch loads before they pop. You should try it if you've never done it before.
Yes, the old Subway bags come to mind. Large bread bags were good if they didn't have little holes in the seams. Sometimes I'd get a work uniform item delivered in a soft plastic bag in the box that was very fun to blow up and burst.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:40 PM

Alan is on a distinguished road
I like watching balloons get squeezed by females bare feet or if she's wearing tights: they make such a loud bang, and swell up
Old 31-07-2016, 02:35 PM

Slugamano is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Yacapo2 View Post
I actually prefer pin popping or even snipping the neck with scissors to let them deflate. *^_^* It's just such an innocent and bittersweet feeling knowing that they have to be cleaned up. :-/
Snipping the neck with scissors... Brrrr.. What a petty... The purpose of balloons is to be popped :-)...
Old 12-09-2016, 02:54 PM

LoudPopper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Black_Bear View Post
It depends on what you like about b2p to be honest. For me it's loudness, size, reliability and violence of the pop. So for me, the perfect balloons are Qualatex 16". You just have to find a balloon with a solid lip that you can grip onto the whole time.
Loudness: Their design gets them really stretched out evenly, and they have one of the loudest pops of any balloon. There is.
Size: Not too big so that it's a workout, but big enough to where it's a challenge, fun, and if done in public, draws attention.
Reliability: Printed ones for sure, and for myself decorating with them, they are the most reliable brand period. I'd say 1 out of every 100 in 260, 5", 11", 16", 24", and 36" pop by defect. So almost every single Qualatex 16" would be good for b2p.
Violence of the pop: The higher quality a balloon is with no defects, the bigger it goes beyond its size, the more the stress levels are pushed to their absolute maximum, the shape of the balloon being pear shaped, the rock hard tightness they get after their neck is fully inflated, and as a result the balloons shred into sometimes hundreds if not thousands of shreds. I love that part about them. They are meant for decorators only, not toys, so they are hard and fairly fragile at 16". So when you push them they are as hard as a rock, get massive, are super loud when they pop, and shatter into bits. Certain colors shred better than other with Qualatex. Jewel Yellow, Clear, Rose, Light Blue, Jewel Magenta, White, Jewel Orange, Black, Jewel Green, and Jewel Red shred the best from experience.
Other sizes and brands have unique differences, but q16s are my favorite.
That's a great summary of the Q16 balloon for B2P. I personally prefer U16 and TT17, but Q16 are awesome to pop for their loudness and violence of the pop ("shredding factor"). I think this would be an awesome thread to start for people to give a profile for balloons on how they pop. Even non-poppers could use this profile to describe balloons.
Old 31-10-2016, 08:26 AM

Slugamano is on a distinguished road
My birthday was yesterday and my wife decorated the living room with some balloons and, in addition, left some uninflated one in a corner. This morning I blew "wakening" in the morning sunshine with two spotted orange 14-er...

I felt good :-)))

then some morning gymnastics together... :-)))
Old 31-10-2016, 05:31 PM

lilolover82 is on a distinguished road
Do you count making a tiny leak in the stem, letting it deflate, and then cutting the end of the stem off so it can be reinflated popping? Or is it something entirely different?
Old 03-11-2016, 06:03 PM

lionlooner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lilolover82 View Post
Do you count making a tiny leak in the stem, letting it deflate, and then cutting the end of the stem off so it can be reinflated popping? Or is it something entirely different?
Others may think differently, but I would say this is not popping. If you pop it, it's gone. Shreds. Can't be reinflated.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:24 PM

Claire123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Marcin View Post
I'm a Popper though just for fun. I prefer to Sit to Pop balloons of any size but what would you prefer and why?

Blow to Pop or Sit to Pop?
Blow to pop all the way!
Old 13-11-2016, 09:03 PM

9/11 did Bush is on a distinguished road
Definitely ride to pop, generally I try not to pop it, but when a balloon does it's still fun. As other people have said, I do enjoy watching blow to pop, but I get scared when trying it myself (without earplugs anyway)
Old 03-12-2016, 10:03 PM

LoonLover1999 is on a distinguished road
Definitely prefere to sit pop or even grind, generally naked. Nothing nicer that feeling that lovely latex rubbing against your skin before you blow your load