Old 20-09-2015, 02:52 PM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
Default Dislike for popping applying to other stuff?
I was wondering if there is anyone else who's either afraid of or just doesn't like popping balloons who also dislike breaking other things. I've noticed that I really dislike stretching rubber bands around big things and it always takes me forever to build up the "courage" to break an egg when I'm cooking, much like it does when I'm trying to pop a balloon when I'm not really prepared for it.
Old 21-09-2015, 02:26 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dislike for popping applying to other stuff?
Originally Posted by lyckr View Post
I was wondering if there is anyone else who's either afraid of or just doesn't like popping balloons who also dislike breaking other things. I've noticed that I really dislike stretching rubber bands around big things and it always takes me forever to build up the "courage" to break an egg when I'm cooking, much like it does when I'm trying to pop a balloon when I'm not really prepared for it.
It's similar for me. I am a semi-popper, I don't mind pops but I tend to pop intentionally. (If other people pop I'm fine) I also don't like stretching rubber bands too much, but I don't have a problem with eggs.
Old 15-10-2015, 09:50 PM

MalunEri is on a distinguished road
i dislike loud bangs in general, tend to shy away from stuff like fireworks. even champaign bottles opening can get freaky (but at least i dont flee the room whenever that happens)
Old 14-01-2016, 04:06 PM

Harley is on a distinguished road
I agree with being nervous around any thing that can suddenly make a loud noise, not just by breaking. I'm better these days but I used to be real phobic about it.
Mentioning champagne bottles brings an incident to mind - on a trip to Prague, I tried several kinds of bottled beer, and being slightly tipsy I failed to reflect that there might be a purpose to one of them having a wire contraption holding the cork in place...
Needless to say, it opened with a pop bordering on a bang, leaving me with a somewhat shell-shocked expression...

But it proves I'm progressing in getting over the fear, so it was a good sign!
Old 23-02-2016, 06:46 AM

Bubble Boy :-P is on a distinguished road
Other stuff? Sometimes when I get the green giant brand frozen creamed spinach I can never bring myself to pierce thru the plastic to vent the way the directions specify. So I sit in front of the microwave & watch the plastic grow bigger & bigger until it swells into a big bubble then I'll tell you that thing,no exaggeration, goes off like a gunshot! One day my Dad was in the living room blasting the TV & my frozen meal went off. He screamed, " what the hell was THAT?"
" Nothing pop...just my spinach. Means its ready...."