Anyone have experience with PMU (party magic USA) balloons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonarloon
    • Jun 2017

Anyone have experience with PMU (party magic USA) balloons?

Hey all,
    Was just wondering if any of you out there have had any kind of experience with PMU or party magic USA balloons?
    I've only found them on amazon thus far. They appear to make all kinds of sizes each in a variety of colors and I think prints as well.
    I've had experience with them, though as you may know, I'm a very phobic looner so haven't done too much with them, thus can't say for the quality for things like riding them.
    Out of all of the ones I purchased, I did find some defects, I'd say one out of every 10 in the package of 50 17s in particular.
    They are a very soft squishy latex that I'm sure would be great for riding, though as I've said, I haven't ridden them all that hard.
    They do have somewhat long necks, a bit longer than ones found on qualatex, for example. Nothing wrong with qualatex, by the way. I rather love them, just wish I could purchase more q24s.
    Here's a link to the 24 inch balloons made by PMU, the listings have changed since I purchased them a few years ago, so am hoping the quality remains the same.

If anyone has or is planning on trying these out, what's your opinion on them?
    For me, the 17 inch reds in particular have a very soft feeling latex that I rather loved. I really should get more.
    Please note the seller who sells these will not! Ship discreetly. I really tried to get them to, though they weren't able to ship them that way. My solution was just get a bunch of them so they wouldn't fit in the mailbox and I could go get them right as they arrived. Lol.
  • BYGavia
    • Dec 2017

Re: Anyone have experience with PMU (party magic USA) balloons?

Were they not Tuftex brand? With the exception of many of the 36" balloons on Amazon, I thought they were actually Tuftex.

Comment

• sonarloon
      • Jun 2017

I'm not entirely sure as they are the only brand, other than qualatex, I've actually had.
      I ran out several months ago of any of these balloons, though I can remember them being very soft, forgiving latex balloons with somewhat long necks, the 24 inch ones in particular.
      I never blew one up full enough to cause a neck because ya know, oversensitive ears.
      Hope this helps!

Comment

• BYGavia
        • Dec 2017

My guess is that they are Tuftex balloons. I don't know why they are called "PMU", but I have purchased 17" and 24" balloons that were marketed similarly on Amazon. However, I've also bought PMU 36" balloons that were probably not Tuftex. So Tuftex is my best guess — they are rather soft and soften even more as they age.

Comment

• sonarloon
          • Jun 2017

Ok, that makes things way more interesting, considering I've heard the name tufftex floating (no pun intended) around these forums for months now.
          Originally I thought these were just generic cheap quality, though based on memory and topics/posts alone, I stand corrected?
          And yeah, what is interesting is in the 24 inch PMU variety in particular they have folds, I believe it's either two or four flaps can't really remember, not sure if that's a dead giveaway.
          Even more interesting, the first variety of 17s did not have folds. Part of my second batch did contain balloons with folds which now that I think about it is, quite, um. Weird.
          I'm almost willing to drop ship someone a single pack though at the moment, I'm a bit short on finances.
          Hope this helps in some way, either way.

Comment

• BYGavia
            • Dec 2017

Tuftex balloons have four folds, so if you received balloons without folds, that is an indication that they are not Tuftex.

My best guess is that "PMU" is irrelevant to the brand. I just did a quick search and found results that, based on my prior searches and knowledge, are actually comprised of multiple brands including Qualatex and Tuftex. Some have the brand name in the title or the description, while others do not. I can sometimes determine what brand it is based on the combination of color, number of balloons, and/or size. Like I said, I've also purchased 36-inch "PMU" balloons that ended up being Chinese-made (I later figured this out since they were giant versions of some 27" balloons I bought — clearly not Tuftex).

For example: With the exception of some of the printed balloons, the Tuftex 17" balloons typically come in bags of 72, not 50, on Amazon. If you received a bag of 50 pastel 17" balloons and they had no folds, my best guess is that they were mislabeled Qualatex 16" balloons. This is based on reviews and answers to questions I have read.

I've done a ton of searches on Amazon over the years, so that's where my perspective comes from. As far as Amazon goes, I can only speculate sometimes.
            Last edited by BYGavia; 30-01-2018, 22:42. Reason: Added note about PMU 36"

Comment

• sonarloon
              • Jun 2017

The 24s I got all had four folds. I got an assortment but found the reds and pinks to be more forgiving and soft to well, cuddle with since well, I'm kind of a lonely guy.
              I know what qualatex 16s look like so I can't say any of the 17s are qualatex for one, the neck is much too long. A second thing is that on first inflation they are very soft where as my 16s, I have to inflate and deflate them a few times.
              Again, not hating on them at all, I rather love them honestly.
              Oh, and the 17s are a bit more spherical in nature than q16s and even q18s.
              This coming from a blind looner so, you might have to do a bit of research since I no longer have any PMU ones.
              I did enjoy them and currently am enjoying qualatex q16s, q18s, though q24s scare me a little because of the impending bang and how absolutely massive they get.
              Btw, tt vs qualatex 24s. Which has the louder bang when they go?

Comment

• BYGavia
                • Dec 2017

Well, whatever they were, I hope you've enjoyed yourself.

I don't know about popping; hopefully someone else can answer that.

Comment

• sonarloon
                  • Jun 2017

Oh totally, I have. They are honestly very good balloons for what I did with them.
                  I really wish I could afford to drop ship you a batch, though finances are unfortunately a bit tight around here.

Comment

• loonerdude44
                    Inflatable Enthusiast
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by sonarloon
                    more forgiving and soft to well, cuddle with since well, I'm kind of a lonely guy.
                    I feel ya, sonarloon. Try getting an inflatable (like an orca or a gator or something), they're better at keeping one company than balloons are!

Comment

• sonarloon
                      • Jun 2017

Actually, I already do, purchased on amazon.
                      She's a semi-solid pvc love doll I named Amy, don't remember the seller's profile though I'm fairly certain one could still find them.
                      Due to living with my parents, I don't get to spend much time with her which is kind of a real annoyance. Ah well.

Comment

• loonerdude44
                        Inflatable Enthusiast
                        • Oct 2017

Actually, I already do, purchased on amazon.
                        She's a semi-solid pvc love doll I named Amy, don't remember the seller's profile though I'm fairly certain one could still find them.
                        Due to living with my parents, I don't get to spend much time with her which is kind of a real annoyance. Ah well.
                        Well if you get something like an orca, then it'll seem less weird (probably). Just get a few and say you're starting a collection. If anybody sees my gal Sapphire, a transparent blue Intex orca, I'll just say it's a niche interest and I want to start a collection. Besides, with more of them, there's more to love!

Comment

• sonarloon
                          • Jun 2017

Sapphire! I love the name and concept of sapphire blue honestly, although I have very little concept of the color spectrum.
                          Funny thing is, I have actually started a (small) collection of exercise balls, one55 cm, one 75 cm, one 45 cm, and supposedly, a 95 cm but to me it's more like my 75 cm.
                          Going back to the message though, with Amy at least she's my second major companion, there's a certain level of connection I just don't have with anything else in my collection, strange maybe? Hey though, I've honestly accepted it. There's honestly nothing like lying next to her, I'm sure it's the same with you and Sapphire. I don't get to do that often

Comment

• loonerdude44
                            Inflatable Enthusiast
                            • Oct 2017

Sapphire! I love the name and concept of sapphire blue honestly, although I have very little concept of the color spectrum.
                            Funny thing is, I have actually started a (small) collection of exercise balls, one55 cm, one 75 cm, one 45 cm, and supposedly, a 95 cm but to me it's more like my 75 cm.
                            Going back to the message though, with Amy at least she's my second major companion, there's a certain level of connection I just don't have with anything else in my collection, strange maybe? Hey though, I've honestly accepted it. There's honestly nothing like lying next to her, I'm sure it's the same with you and Sapphire. I don't get to do that often
                            That is unfortunate for you, not being able to spend time with your Amy. With Sapphire, she's inflated pretty much all the time so I can just go into my bedroom and chill with her whenever and cuddle every night; not to mention the fact that I can talk to her and vent about how shit my day was (my life is kinda shit in a lot of ways, and she definitely helps). I live with my mother, but her knowing isn't a problem for me as I keep my bedroom door shut, and I am cautious of when I enter or leave to make sure my mother is nowhere near the entrance so she can't peek in.

But balloons are a whole different matter. I don't have balloons around whenever mom's at home because I don't want them spontaneously erupting.

Comment

• sonarloon
                              • Jun 2017

Oh totally. Amy and I have more a mental connection, so although you might not hear a thing, I can promise you there is quite a deep conversation happening.
                              So once, this one happened several years ago with another doll who is unfortunately ruptured beyond repair.
                              My non-24 had spiked up really bad some days before, and I had gotten to the point where my natural sleep clock was 12 hours behind everyone else.
                              Weeeel, both parents went off to work, although mother returned unexpectedly to check on me as I wasn't answering my phone. I had my door locked, so I was able to very quickly deflate it before I unlocked the door. It was very hard to conceal it, and I have a feeling she may have found out what was going on.
                              I pretty much stayed awake the rest of the day

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍