Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OverTheTop
    • Dec 2013

Double layered balloons

Has anyone else tried this before? (Putting a balloon inside a balloon) I tried it and blew up the inner one, letting th outer one stretch with it but the inner one popped less than half inflated.... I blame friction.
  • john1bl
    • Jan 2014

Re: Double layered balloons

I have done this with small balloons only. The larger ones seem to need to be .

Comment

• RasaDaana
      • Feb 2014

When we were discussing office furniture, you told me to do this with large balloons. We bought two 76" balloons, double layered them, and they have been great since. It works great!

We have done, during a photo shoot, a 10 layer balloon... the first time with ten Unique 16"s in alternating colours, which was fun to pop with a sword.It looks like a firework going off!

The second was a Qualatex 36" (what a boom!) and inside was an SA24, Qualatex 24", then a Suzuki Peacock 18", a TufTex 17", a Unique 16", then a Qualatex 16", then a Mexico 14", a 12", 11" and 9" balloon. We pinpopped it and it was really something.

Comment

• OverTheTop
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by RasaDaana
        When we were discussing office furniture, you told me to do this with large balloons. We bought two 76" balloons, double layered them, and they have been great since. It works great!

We have done, during a photo shoot, a 10 layer balloon... the first time with ten Unique 16"s in alternating colours, which was fun to pop with a sword.It looks like a firework going off!

The second was a Qualatex 36" (what a boom!) and inside was an SA24, Qualatex 24", then a Suzuki Peacock 18", a TufTex 17", a Unique 16", then a Qualatex 16", then a Mexico 14", a 12", 11" and 9" balloon. We pinpopped it and it was really something.
        Ten layers? How did you even get them inside each other O.o

Comment

• RasaDaana
          • Feb 2014

The trick is not to tie them all at once, but to do a swing tie and tie them individually but have a little of the neck that is folded under the know of the next. Start small, then slowly increase. Also, if you pop one in the middle of the sequence, or even the last, all the rest pop because the balloons are under so much pressure.

Comment

• cgrocarlos
            • Oct 2011

Do you have any pictures of it? That would be so awesome to see! I think the most layers I've seen is 3

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

There's this kid on YouTube that calls himself balloonninja...he's got some awesome vids...my fave is one when he layers a 9 foot cloud buster inside a 600 gram weather balloon. He kinda stands over it while inflating with a pump & as the balloon blows up it lifts him into the air! I got so jealous I spent an entire paycheck on the 2 balloons off ebay with the intention of trying it...ive yet to after my first cloud buster experience that didn't end well lol! Got them sitting in a box in my room. If only I had more space! Too many pointy things in my room lol!��

Comment

• Steve_inflator
                • Aug 2013

I've tried this a few times and I've found that you get best results if you use dry air. Therefore, a pump, not using your mouth. I suppose any moisture on the inside of the balloon skin makes it sticky as the balloon stretches, any latex skin inside of that catches on the sticky part and causes it to rip.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎