Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

It's Christmas :)

Yeah, Christmas again. Up went the decorations and it goes without really saying including clusters of balloons. Of course more loons blown up than needed, he, he! Now got some kicking around the floor plus quite a few left in the packet for playtimes to come What's your Christmas decorating like?
  • Seasider
    • Jan 2016

Re: It's Christmas

We’ve not used balloons to decorate for Christmas before but I was browsing eBay the other day and found 100 Christmas coloured belbal balloons for £4 and I couldn’t resist. They were delivered yesterday while I was out and when I got home my wife said not more balloons!! When I said they were for Christmas decorations she just smiled! I can’t wait to do some nice clusters around the dining room and sitting room!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bjorn
      Phobic non-popper
      • Oct 2018

I don't have balloons as a Christmas decoration. I never have balloons as decoration, I store my balloons in a storage room and take them whenever I like to bounce or hump on them.

I saw a neighbour (a single woman) who have small balloons in the christmastree. A plastic tree offcourse, otherwise the balloons will pop when hanging them in the tree.

I don't think she's a looner, the balloons are to small. I think it's because of the cat.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
        Banned
        • Dec 2018

For me, I have balloons up at home (as I live on my own) all-year-round anyway, so I don't tend to do anything special or different for Christmas.

I have a 15ft-long air-filled arch stretched-out diagonally across my living room all year long anyway, and then my bedroom is filled with different balloon - air-filled and helium ones as well.

If I lived somewhere nicer, and bigger, and I was a multi-millionaire () I'd certainly change things up, and have more Christmas balloons, or Christmas-themed balloon decorations around. But right now, it's just not possible, so I make-do. As long as I've got some balloons around, then I'm happy.

Comment

• MichaelLoona

I don't really decorate with balloons for Christmas, but i have a really good lady friend that I've never met, only online and I try to do something every year for her. Of course after I'm done sending her all the pics / video, I have whats left over which pretty much counts as decorations. So I guess you can say I do decorate with balloons for Christmas lol. Attached is a pic from last Christmas
          Attached Files

Comment

• Casey88
            lukmanrewa
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by MichaelLoona
            I don't really decorate with balloons for Christmas, but i have a really good lady friend that I've never met, only online and I try to do something every year for her. Of course after I'm done sending her all the pics / video, I have whats left over which pretty much counts as decorations. So I guess you can say I do decorate with balloons for Christmas lol. Attached is a pic from last Christmas
            These are gorgeous, which balloons are these ?

Comment

• Nopops4me
              • Jun 2015

WOW! Puts my decorating to shame. Those are gorgeous. Good sizes.

Comment

• Popemall

Michael, those look GREAT!

Comment

• MichaelLoona

Originally posted by Casey88
                  These are gorgeous, which balloons are these ?
                  All the green and red balloons were just Q11's and some of those I went ahead and put them in a clear Q16 with snowflakes. Others were random 32" Christmas balloons I got from Balloons United, Cattex I believe, but I'm not sure and the big clear balloon in the center was a 24" party city balloon stuffed with 11 inch white holly leave print balloons. It did turn out nice and thank you for the nice comments. It'll be really hard to top that one this year lol
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2018, 21:59.

Comment

• Slugamano
                    • Jul 2016

I’ve just tried something new; probably we will use it as a part of Christmas decoration. I bought some transparent white 5in tiny balloon, non-helium quality. I inflated them with helium, close to the maximal size and let them float up to the ceiling. Afteer an hour or so they started slowly to float down like large snowflakes. I took about 3 hours to reach the floor and if kick them up an additional some-minute flight will happen.

Finally the floor will be covered with those nice whiteish little orbs...

Comment

• Born2popUK
                      • May 2018

Hell yeah cant wait to get the decorations up this weekend. Always a selection of balloons going up but I always get more than I need for some non decorating fun.
                      Once we decorated the bedroom for Christmas and it was great, the smell of the balloons when you walk in and when you wake up in the morning was sooooo cool but not as cool as when’s one of the balloons fell down because they wasn’t taped well enough to th ceiling, they ended up going BANG at all times of the night ��

Comment

• npratt
                        • Jul 2016

I've observed that balloons at Christmas is mostly a UK thing (as opposed to US), is that true? Nobody I know here (friend or relative) has balloons at Christmas. New Years party, yes, Christmas, no.

I remember visiting a customer in the UK in mid-December many years ago (fetish way back in the closet in those days) and someone in the office had inflated some balloons quite liberally! Was difficult to feign ignorance. Also is my observation that most Brits don't consider a balloon inflated until it is all the way down the neck whereas to most Yanks just oval is sufficient.

What about other countries that celebrate Christmas? Balloons or no?

Comment

• SusieDK
                          • Dec 2017

In Denmark there is no tradition for balloons at Christmas, however for New Years about everybody has balloons.

Sincerely
                          Susie

Comment

• Nopops4me
                            • Jun 2015

Reading your thoughts that Brits are the only ones to decorate Christmas with balloons, then I read that it seems there's balloons everywhere at New Year because I was wondering where all the Belbal balloons go. Their website site reads they have 250 employees (different shifts) working 24/7 producing ONE MILLION SIX HUNDRED THOUSANDS balloon a DAY, staggering amount. That's not counting other manufacturers in the world. WOW! we do like our balloons. Good job we have some poppers to take care of some of them.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2018

@SuzyDK,

To be fair, it's not traditional for Brits to put-up balloons for Christmas/New Year. It's more that balloons are associated with parties and fun in general, and as (for most people) Christmas and New Year's involves partying and fun, that's why balloons usually make an appearance at this time of the year.

But they aren't a British tradition, I promise.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎