Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoudPop
    • Sep 2018

Dallas Sidekicks Game (Tonight)

If you like mass balloon popping at an indoor stadium, tonight the Dallas Sidekicks indoor soccer team plays a preseason game. Free to attend with a canned food donation. They pass out balloons during the 3rd period and everyone blows them up and pops them at the start of the 4th period. It is awesome!!! I've never seen more balloon popping at one place and it's great people watching with balloons. You see timid ones, people covering their ears, people blowing to pop, sit to pop, everything. Love it!!!
  • blfun98
    • Nov 2018

Re: Dallas Sidekicks Game (Tonight)

I'd bet everything, that the one that started this thing is a looner himself

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
      • Jul 2017

Pics!!!

Comment

• LoudPop
        • Sep 2018

I'm not going to the game tonight. But, here is a picture from a couple years ago. I do have a video from that night but file size is too large to upload.

This will give you an idea. Most everyone blows up a balloon and then pops it on the countdown. It's pretty loud in the indoor stadium. But, I love watching the people interact with balloons. What's really cool is you know almost everyone is going to pop their balloon on the countdown or at least sometime during the game. Some people wait and pop them in the parking garage; you know how loud that is with concrete walls and with the echo.

One evening after a game, a family of four were walking back to their car and the little boy had his balloon and his sister was begging her Mom to let her pop it. She kept on asking to pop it and her Mom was saying "No, you've already popped your balloon let him keep his."
        Attached Files

Comment

• Popemall

I've heard of this before but never seen it. I'd love to see a video of people bustin a ton of loons at one of those games. Think I'd have to stuff my pocket with green loons before I went to a game hehe

Comment

• LoudPop
            • Sep 2018

I didn't go to this preseason game. But, looking at the Live feed; doesn't seem like they did the Balloon Pop. I hope they have the Balloon Pop for all their Regular Season games. This is a tradition that goes back to the 80's.

I remember going to my first Sidekicks game at Reunion arena in downtown Dallas. I had no idea it was going to happen, then all of a sudden I'm looking around and people are blowing up balloons, some are popping, then a countdown and popping fills the arena. I was hooked.

Comment

• Popemall

I would always b2p mine if I went to those games!

Comment

• LoudPop
                • Sep 2018

I've never seen the players pop balloons. You can find video of the people in the stands doing the balloon pop at the beginning of the 4th period. https://youtu.be/DU5q-FuUGvE?t=6980

There are more videos of Sidekick Home games at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQ...QRQCR7g/videos

Comment

• LoudPop
                  • Sep 2018

Here's a good pop with reactions all around. https://youtu.be/KED3Qbbndtg?t=6435

Comment

• Blowitbig
                    • Jan 2016

That would definitely be loud
                    The bigger the better

Comment

• Loonatic
                      Balloons + Feet
                      • Apr 2016

Wow! I need to make a trip out to one of their games sometime!! It would be fun to bring in a 16" with the same color and just pretend like you've got it blown up extra big and BTP it for a nice loud surprise haha

Comment

• LoudPop
                        • Sep 2018

That reminds me...I was on a date one night at a Sidekicks game and we blew our balloons up pretty big. Mine was very big and tight. My date looked at it and smiled (she did not know about my balloon fetish), then she tapped it a few times with her nails...then BOOM!!! It popped right behind a guy's head and he jumped and we just grinned and laughed it off. I loved it!

Comment

• Popemall

Next time you go to a game you should try to get a pic of all the balloon shards on the ground after the game. I bet there is popped loons everywhere!

Comment

• LoudPop
                            • Sep 2018

Last night's game Balloon Pop https://youtu.be/gGFD-ewLHlM?t=5911

Comment

• LoudPop
                              • Sep 2018

BTP happens sometimes; I've witnessed several.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎