X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
    PVC Fetish
    • Jan 2013

PVC inflatables pre-phthalate plasticiser ban

Does anyone know where one can still buy those PVC inflatable couches made from a heavy gauge (approx. 400micron or 0.4mm), yet highly plasticised, luxuriously soft and smooth glossy glass clear PVC?

Like the example featured in this video (listen to that lovely 'creak' 47 seconds into the video, as the inflatable couch is unfolded):

PVC inflatables these days seem to be of a different formula; they are nowhere near as soft, sensually smooth and rubbery as they used to be. I suspect the phthalate plasticiser ban due to overzealous safety concerns is responsible.

I miss those PVC 'bubble beds', too. After my old one developed multiple punctures as a consequence of too many 'fun and games' on top of it with my girlfriend, I have not been able to find a replacement. Nobody seems to offer them anymore.

My huge 'Cupid's Love Pod', which I bought from a UK adult shop called 'Lovehoney', is still going strong. It is virtually identical in appearance and design to those PVC giga balls/rollerballs used for outdoor activities, but this 'love pod' is specifically marketed as adult's bedroom 'sex furniture', hence why it is (or once was) for sale in adult shops. Myself and my misuses have had plenty of fun inside it, yet not a single puncture or tear. It is so big (2.6metres) that it barely fits in our bedroom and takes a good hour to inflate, so we only get it out for those special occasions.

Last edited by PVC Vinyl Enthusiast; 04-09-2015, 01:19.
    Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.
  • lilolover82
    • Mar 2014

Re: PVC inflatables pre-phthalate plasticiser ban

Was just talking on this matter and taking a poll on these. I am afraid the days of squishy, soft and durable inflatables are numbered. It's been getting steadily worse, but since 2010 it has been getting a lot worse, and 2013 was the last year the durability of inflatables was mostly still intact. Now it seems a majority get leaks or seam splits. I have only had a few survive this season, and two of them are dated to 2013, two to 2014, and one 2015.
    Washington State, United States

Comment

• lilolover82
      • Mar 2014

Re: PVC inflatables pre-phthalate plasticiser ban

Originally posted by PVC Vinyl Enthusiast

I miss those PVC 'bubble beds', too. After my old one developed multiple punctures as a consequence of too many 'fun and games' on top of it with my girlfriend, I have not been able to find a replacement.
      Do you still have the bubble bed, we can get patches here in the United States. Don't know if you're able to in the UK.
      Washington State, United States

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍